2022 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Michelangelo
Michelangelo

Re: 2022 Alpine F1 Team

Anyone saw how Alonso passed Ocon?

Bisonas

Michelangelo wrote:
31 Jul 2022, 18:42
team order

diffuser

RedNEO wrote:
31 Jul 2022, 18:14
diffuser wrote:
31 Jul 2022, 18:06
RedNEO wrote:
31 Jul 2022, 17:57

Don’t act like if Alonso regularly out qualifies Ocon (which he has) this situation wouldn’t be any different. If you’re a smart team like McLaren or the leaders you would priorities your fastest driver not based on political flag wearing nonsense
IMHO, that is old school thinking. Alonso was faster than Ocon and got passed him. Nothing wrong with letting them fight it out. What I disagree with is Ocon choosing the other team over Alonso and going dirty.
What you should be disagreeing with is Alpine choosing Ocon for a 4 year contract based off a race where not only Alonso was faster but he made an Ocon win possible. Ocon isn’t the driver they think he is but never in my life have I seen that length contract be given for a fluke win.. lucky he’s french in a french team or he’d be no better than Gasly
Is Ocon my choice? No

What's the point in be labouring that contract? Not like it's something new.

diffuser

Bisonas wrote:
31 Jul 2022, 18:56
Michelangelo wrote:
team order
You know that for certain?

Alonso Fan

Actually re watching those moves by the alpines I think except for the start where Hamilton plain just got a better launch, criticism towards ocon is justified but I'm sure the team will be the first to mention those things in the debrief
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

Big Tea

diffuser wrote:
31 Jul 2022, 19:24
Bisonas wrote:
Michelangelo wrote:
team order
It's in Teds notebook. He says it was a switch, but the way things fell he was unable to switch back. ( another Ted throw away that makes you say 'hang on....'
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

search

yeah, I saw it on the onboard, it was team order. Without the risk of Vettel just behind, I guess they would have swapped back in the end.

Bisonas

diffuser wrote:
Bisonas wrote:
Michelangelo wrote:
team order
Ocon was told multiple times to stay in "status zero". I don't know what exactly is this. "Status zero". Engine map or a code/signal for something.A code/signal for Push or take it easy maybe. When Alonso made a push after Vettel passed Ocon, and got the DRS, team told ocon,
Engineer : "ok we want to swap the cars on turn1 please. Swap over on turn1"
Ocon : " I was not in status zero... but"
Engineer (with a more angry and authoritative voice): "Esteban we have been asking you to be in status zero for this whole time so swap the cars please, it's an instruction.
Ocon: "Yea i was in status Five"
Engineer: " I was asking you to be in status zero this whole time"
Ocon: "Yea ok, but he (Alonso i guess) is managing the whole way, so of course, i am doing the same"
Engineer (after a while): "ok, you know the deal, we will swap back when we could." didn't understand exactly the last words after the "we will swap back"

I didn't hear Ocon asking the position back though l8r in the race, neither the team told him something about it.

After he Finished,
Ocon: " Yea i think we have a lot to review, I am not happy with this race guys honestly"
Engineer: "Yea ok mate, lets discuss this in the office afterwards, all right?"

PlatinumZealot

Ocon really put him self above the team here.

🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

RedNEO

Big Tea wrote:
31 Jul 2022, 20:34
diffuser wrote:
Bisonas wrote:

team order
It's in Teds notebook. He says it was a switch, but the way things fell he was unable to switch back. ( another Ted throw away that makes you say 'hang on....'
He said Vettel and Stroll was a switch just watched it. But it’s probably true anyway
Last edited by RedNEO on 31 Jul 2022, 23:26, edited 1 time in total.

RedNEO

diffuser wrote:
31 Jul 2022, 19:18
RedNEO wrote:
diffuser wrote:
31 Jul 2022, 18:06

IMHO, that is old school thinking. Alonso was faster than Ocon and got passed him. Nothing wrong with letting them fight it out. What I disagree with is Ocon choosing the other team over Alonso and going dirty.
What you should be disagreeing with is Alpine choosing Ocon for a 4 year contract based off a race where not only Alonso was faster but he made an Ocon win possible. Ocon isn’t the driver they think he is but never in my life have I seen that length contract be given for a fluke win.. lucky he’s french in a french team or he’d be no better than Gasly
Is Ocon my choice? No

I’m not trying.. my point was the bias within the team. I just saw the red flags when they began plastering the car with french flags. It’s not a nice position to be in within a team if you’re the faster driver but the slower one gets handed a contract at the drop of a hat.

RedNEO

PlatinumZealot wrote:
31 Jul 2022, 22:49
Ocon really put him self above the team here.

https://streamable.com/jz9u0v
Its not the first time.. same thing happened in Saudi. Its not even the first team.. Perez vs Ocon vibes

Michelangelo
Michelangelo

Bisonas wrote:
31 Jul 2022, 22:39
diffuser wrote:
Bisonas wrote:

team order
Ocon was told multiple times to stay in "status zero". I don't know what exactly is this. "Status zero". Engine map or a code/signal for something.A code/signal for Push or take it easy maybe. When Alonso made a push after Vettel passed Ocon, and got the DRS, team told ocon,
Engineer : "ok we want to swap the cars on turn1 please. Swap over on turn1"
Ocon : " I was not in status zero... but"
Engineer (with a more angry and authoritative voice): "Esteban we have been asking you to be in status zero for this whole time so swap the cars please, it's an instruction.
Ocon: "Yea i was in status Five"
Engineer: " I was asking you to be in status zero this whole time"
Ocon: "Yea ok, but he (Alonso i guess) is managing the whole way, so of course, i am doing the same"
Engineer (after a while): "ok, you know the deal, we will swap back when we could." didn't understand exactly the last words after the "we will swap back"

I didn't hear Ocon asking the position back though l8r in the race, neither the team told him something about it.

After he Finished,
Ocon: " Yea i think we have a lot to review, I am not happy with this race guys honestly"
Engineer: "Yea ok mate, lets discuss this in the office afterwards, all right?"
Wow, that looks pretty tense on the pitwall. Maybe some serious warnings or rules set in that office after the race.
Thanks for the insight.

diffuser

RedNEO wrote:
31 Jul 2022, 23:25
diffuser wrote:
31 Jul 2022, 19:18
RedNEO wrote:

Is Ocon my choice? No

I’m not trying.. my point was the bias within the team. I just saw the red flags when they began plastering the car with french flags. It’s not a nice position to be in within a team if you’re the faster driver but the slower one gets handed a contract at the drop of a hat.
Think you're looking for stuff that isn't there.
That contract was signed Jan 2021, before Alonso's return. I Also don't think Alonso's having any problems renewing his contract with Alpine.

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

I bet Alonso will teach him in Track...which Ocon will not forgot his entire life.