2022 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mitsmania

Re: 2022 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

As much as I want Danny Ric to be in that AM seat. I don't think he can move out of McLaren, unless McLaren takes the initiative.
Schumacher, well why would one move away from FDA? What if he actually beats Lance in an AM? I don't think a rookie beating Lance will go well with Lawrence.
Alonso situation will be same like Seb. Good for parent company's business while signing, but equally destructive if F1 car doesn't perform at top of midfield atleast.
Albon with a Red-Bull(may be Porsche logo will be added too later) helmet in an AM car.. 🤷
Business wise Hulk fits the situation perfectly with a two year contract.

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

Vandroone?

BlueCheetah66
BlueCheetah66

I feel like they have to get an experienced and strong driver. I'm sure Lawrence Stroll is a smart man and knows that Stroll is not good enough to be the lead driver in the team. If they have ambition for the future they can't just bring in a safe driver or a rookie. The problem for them is that there is not many available. They will have to buy someones contract out. The only two 'established' drivers I can see moving there and that's Gasly or Ricciardo, even though both of them are going through a bit of a rough patch

The Prodigy
The Prodigy

BlueCheetah66 wrote:
29 Jul 2022, 13:11
I feel like they have to get an experienced and strong driver. I'm sure Lawrence Stroll is a smart man and knows that Stroll is not good enough to be the lead driver in the team. If they have ambition for the future they can't just bring in a safe driver or a rookie. The problem for them is that there is not many available. They will have to buy someones contract out. The only two 'established' drivers I can see moving there and that's Gasly or Ricciardo, even though both of them are going through a bit of a rough patch
The more I think about what you say about the fact that AM needs an experienced driver… the more I think about Robert Kubica as an realistic option.

Mike Krack said that Kubica was one of the best drivers he has ever worked with.

Sofa King
Sofa King

Colton Herta, Pato O’ Ward and Oscar Piastri are the most talented drivers not in F1 at this moment, imo

proteus

The Prodigy wrote:
29 Jul 2022, 14:09
BlueCheetah66 wrote:
The more I think about what you say about the fact that AM needs an experienced driver… the more I think about Robert Kubica as an realistic option.

Mike Krack said that Kubica was one of the best drivers he has ever worked with.
Nico Hulkenberg is superior to Robert. It would be a tough decision if Roberts hand would be fine, but sadly it isnt.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

diffuser

BlueCheetah66 wrote:
Hulk is the best thing I can think of and Mr
Stroll is the reason why they're in this situation. He should have listened to people that know more about drivers than he does.

If nothing else, like I said, you could take Danny Ric off of McLaren's hand. Ric would go willingly if you tacked on a year at $17M.
Last edited by diffuser on 30 Jul 2022, 02:18, edited 1 time in total.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

A move by a current driver to AM is an end-of-career move. Anyone going there is going to drop off the radar of the top teams. Danny won't go there unless he feels it's a last chance saloon situation. Why would he? There's nothing to gain from it for him.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Marble
Marble

A thread on Vettel RedBull's years. Nothing new but a good summary of what's known :
- His driving style, needing stability on corner entry to help rotate the car
- Key innovations on the RB5 (rear pullrod, V chassis to help the new Y250 vortex, rear brake ducts etc.)
- New wing brought @ Silverstone was to work with front camera position
- Blown double diffuser in 2010. Following the ban in 2011, exhausts were used to manage the tyre squish and the RB7 had much higher rake than RB5&6
- How they struggle with the 2012 exhausts (wave shock & ring vortex) and how they manage to get both the Coanda effect AND a good Coke bottle duct

ME4ME

I think it makes a lot of sense for Aston Martin to sign Nyck de Vries. He's a great driver. GP2 and FE champion. Also got recent FP1 experience and has gotten a lot of insight in how a team such as Mercedes work. Stroll Sr and Wolff could easily get this done over dinner. Makes sense for Wolff and Mercedes to add some backing too, it's in their interest to have a successor to Hamilton sometime in the future.

Big Tea

Just_a_fan wrote:
30 Jul 2022, 01:26
A move by a current driver to AM is an end-of-career move. Anyone going there is going to drop off the radar of the top teams. Danny won't go there unless he feels it's a last chance saloon situation. Why would he? There's nothing to gain from it for him.
If not for his age, It could be worth considering Ant Davidson for a season, or better still part of a season if Seb walks before the end. He was not in the top echelon of drivers but he is very knowledgeable in a mechanical sense and has probably done more sim work than anyone I can think of.

Again, not suggesting this for his driving prowess but AM seem to have lost their way somewhat and I don't think Lance or a new driver are up to getting back on the straight and narrow.

Seb was so successful at RB because that car needed a specific driving style, which has not carried forward and he has no doubt been requesting. I think too much change in too short a time is the biggest problem at AM, ( team and management has little carry over ) so a reset would help, but it would mean writing off a year.

Albon also has wide experience but would he go there?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

aleks_ader

Hmm Hulkenberg would not be bad choice. Ofc if he wanted to do it. For 1 + 1 contract.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

Confirmed Alonso to Aston Martin

as an Alonso Fan, i dont really like this, but i hope the car takes an upgrade...
i want the 3rd tittle...

organic

https://www.astonmartinf1.com/en-GB/new ... f1-in-2023

Came out of nowhere ...

Alonso will driver for AMR in 2023 (multi-year deal)

Stroll will be exposed :lol:

chrisc90

Didn’t see that coming when he’s been doing well at Alpine!