Ferrari F1-75

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
sucof

Re: Ferrari F1-75

Vanja #66 wrote:
26 Jul 2022, 08:39
LM10 wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 12:54
Is there a unique design on that new floor or is it their old ideas mixed with RB’s?
I think there are several solutions from other cars, packed together in a unique way. This new stepped inlet was actually something Mercedes did with their launch-spec.

RZS10 wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 15:02
edit: Here's the area, not easy to make sense of the shape, looks like an indentation or at least several steps judging by the shadows and the bit in blue?
It's just different reflections and a curvature between vertical and horizontal surfaces. I don't think there would be any benefit of introducing a step there.
? I think quite the opposite. Horizontal expansion is the best thing they could go after to reduce proposing and maintain or even increase downforce. I find all these modifications quite positive.

Mandrake

Sevach wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 12:58
https://www.racefans.net/wp-content/upl ... _HiRes.jpg

Slightly different angle.
Is that really the LEC Ferrari? For the impact it had it looks surprisingly well in shape. Front wing completely intact and all. These cars seem much more sturdy, especially the front wings that whatever we had in recent years. Is it because the front wings are essentially part of the nose and directly attached?

Sevach

Top version has gurney flaps the bottom version does not.

F1NAC

Mandrake wrote:
27 Jul 2022, 17:14
Sevach wrote:

Is that really the LEC Ferrari? For the impact it had it looks surprisingly well in shape. Front wing completely intact and all. These cars seem much more sturdy, especially the front wings that whatever we had in recent years. Is it because the front wings are essentially part of the nose and directly attached?
Yea. Before you basically had giant surface attached to a body by two tiny pillars.

RZS10

Sevach wrote:
28 Jul 2022, 07:25
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FYryfJbX0AA ... ame=medium

I noticed it in the onboard nose cam in France, top two are with and bottom two without.

Wonder when they added it, i went through a bunch of high res pics showing the FW starting in Monaco and could not find one with the gurney on, even the scrutineering pics in France did not have it - could it be new?

Sevach

RZS10 wrote:
28 Jul 2022, 12:30
Sevach wrote:

I noticed it in the onboard nose cam in France, top two are with and bottom two without.
https://i.imgur.com/38aoG8l.png

Wonder when they added it, i went through a bunch of high res pics showing the FW starting in Monaco and could not find one with the gurney on, even the scrutineering pics in France did not have it - could it be new?
Taking a little look back, the first time i can see gurneys is indeed the french GP.
I guess it's something they didn't feel the need to disclose in the "upgrades", just a small addittion to the same FW after all.

mclaren111

Nice close-up view...

aleks_ader

RZS10 wrote:
28 Jul 2022, 12:30
Sevach wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/38aoG8l.png

Seems reasonable ajustmed for balance if we believe new upgrades provide more rear support (more downforce).
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

dialtone

mzso wrote:
28 Jul 2022, 20:21
Mandrake wrote:
27 Jul 2022, 17:14
Sevach wrote:

Too bad Ferrari failed to design a reverse feature that functions. Otherwise he might have continued racing.
Once again... not what happened.

Andi76

Maybe its just me, but i think the F1-75 is the car that has set the most trends for 2023. With the new updates(McLaren, Red Bull, Alpine, Mercedes) it can be seen that a lot of teams try to improve the airflow towards the rear - and beamwing. Ferrari, with their cooling-concept and the extremely small airbox and engine cover already realised in the design process for 2022 that this will be very beneficial. Also most teams use a front wing thats pretty similar to the one Ferrari was using from the very beginning. Also teams are already starting to create something similar to the "bathtube" Ferrari has introduced. I think its fair to say that the F1-75 is the car that leads the way for 2023 and is the example most of the teams will follow! The RB18 of course also has solutions that will be inspiring the 2023 cars of other teams, but i think the new developements suggest that the new cars will use more of Ferraris concept.

sucof

Andi76 wrote:
30 Jul 2022, 12:42
Maybe its just me, but i think the F1-75 is the car that has set the most trends for 2023. With the new updates(McLaren, Red Bull, Alpine, Mercedes) it can be seen that a lot of teams try to improve the airflow towards the rear - and beamwing. Ferrari, with their cooling-concept and the extremely small airbox and engine cover already realised in the design process for 2022 that this will be very beneficial. Also most teams use a front wing thats pretty similar to the one Ferrari was using from the very beginning. Also teams are already starting to create something similar to the "bathtube" Ferrari has introduced. I think its fair to say that the F1-75 is the car that leads the way for 2023 and is the example most of the teams will follow! The RB18 of course also has solutions that will be inspiring the 2023 cars of other teams, but i think the new developements suggest that the new cars will use more of Ferraris concept.
Is not Red Bull to which most cars are starting to look like?

Andi76

sucof wrote:
30 Jul 2022, 12:47
Andi76 wrote:
30 Jul 2022, 12:42
Is not Red Bull to which most cars are starting to look like?
I think it would be wrong to say no here, as some teams have indeed copied Red Bulls sidepods. But if you take a look at things the front-wings - most teams started to went in the direction Ferrari had since the Bahrain test. Also teams lately focused on optimising the airflow to the rearwing with their new bodywork. Only Ferrari did design their car like that from the very beginning. Also McLaren and Haas are using sidepod solution similar to Ferraris "bathtube". So in terms of aero-concepts - i think its fair to say teams are going more into the Ferrari- direction and solutions with similar effects.

Blackout

Andi76 wrote:
30 Jul 2022, 18:54
Only Ferrari did design their car like that from the very beginning. Also McLaren and Haas are using sidepod solution similar to Ferraris "bathtube". So in terms of aero-concepts - i think its fair to say teams are going more into the Ferrari- direction and solutions with similar effects.
What :?:

johnny comelately

Re Charles, Ferrari (Binotto) are saying their more compliant suspension which doesnt work the tyres so much gave lower surface temperatures not in the working window and then the knock on effect on car balance.

johnny comelately

There is also talk of an illegal throttle on the Ferrari, being FBW any ideas how you would manage to be illegal?