2022 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
RedNEO

Re: 2022 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

Jolle wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 22:14
RedNEO wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 20:25
I’m sure he will already be working behind the scenes with them as best they can to develop next years car. I can’t wait to seem him in the car already.. when is the earliest he can do a test with them I wonder? November?
If he was and anybody would find out, Renault would sue him for everything he had and he would get an ban from the FIA for spying.
If he would be working with AM now, that would be cheating. are you calling Alonso a cheater?
I’m not talking about sharing info to any teams about his current team. He’s aloud to give his opinion within the rules on Aston Martins car though if they ask him and areas to improve it I would have thought.

RedNEO

Alonsismo wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 23:39
Spoutnik wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 20:24
Is Alonso still a top driver in your opinion ?
Alonso is today the best driver of the grid alonsgisde max verstappen.
And he will have a team which has the commitment and resources to match it at last.

diffuser

Alonsismo wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 23:38
diffuser wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 20:24
Alonsismo wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 14:42

sorry, but i dont understand your post.
Is the car the problems at AMR or the drivers?
ahh yeah.
i think that now, the problem is both.

stroll is only better than latifi.
Vettel is a great driver but now he is on a zen mode and not developing a good performance (2017 vettel would smash actual vettel).

i think Alonso would be at least 0.3-0.4s faster than vettel or stroll with the same car.

on the other part, the actual car was born with the wrong concept, they had to change all the aero, and now they have to focus on a new car for 2023.

i hope they can provide a car that is able to win at least 1 or 2 races in 2023.
i need that 33rd win.
I think Stroll can be a very good number 2. He can't lead. Alonso is on the balance in a heart beat. We'll see what Ocon does without knowing what the car can do cause Alonso's not setting the bar, without Ocon studying Alonso's data.
Last edited by diffuser on 07 Aug 2022, 01:03, edited 2 times in total.

McG

Aston Martin aren't going anywhere. Alpine probably aren't either. Alonso is destined to scrap around in the midfield.
F1 is dead.

diffuser

McG wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 02:15
Aston Martin aren't going anywhere. Alpine probably aren't either. Alonso is destined to scrap around in the midfield.
Ex F1 fan, brand new Troll?

F1doc

McG wrote:
AM can't really regress further, can they? They are spending first class money for first class targets. I see Alpine as trying to spend economy class money but expecting a first class target.

I'm wondering if the Strolls are revelling in the mess Alpine/Otmar are currently in with their driver line up.

PlatinumZealot

They say Vettel's tree-hugging way of life just wasn't compatible with where Aston Martin is going and the products it wants to sell. He pretty much estranged himself, and Stroll really had no use for him.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

peewon

PlatinumZealot wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 03:13
They say Vettel's tree-hugging way of life just wasn't compatible with where Aston Martin is going and the products it wants to sell. He pretty much estranged himself, and Stroll really had no use for him.
I dont think it would've mattered as much if Vettel was killing it on track. Vettel has not looked like a lead driver since Leclerc came to Ferrari. He's been better than his teammates in stretches but even with someone like Lance, it doesnt seem like hes head and shoulders above him. Lot of people say its the nature of these cars that doesnt suit his style but its impossible to say from the outside.

And from Vettel's point of view, AM werent going anywhere soon and struggling with Lance for 12th spot was just eroding his driving legacy.

Big Tea

F1doc wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 00:01
McG wrote:
AM can't really regress further, can they? They are spending first class money for first class targets. I see Alpine as trying to spend economy class money but expecting a first class target.

I'm wondering if the Strolls are revelling in the mess Alpine/Otmar are currently in with their driver line up.
When you think how much money Stroll would have to spend to gat this amount of airtime, could it be he is not that concerned? They are not at the stage of 'that's our car on the podium' so Name Recognition is important now
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

dfegan358

Interesting to see how lance will fare up against alonso next year. Even another year older I fancy alonso to comfortably beat him over the season in quali and race results

Zynerji

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Go Woke, go broke! 🤡

diffuser

PlatinumZealot wrote:
I'm sure they didn't enjoy the whole Aramco mess in Montreal.

diffuser

F1doc wrote:
McG wrote:

Money is limited by the CAP. There might be a 5-7 million difference between Alpine & AMR this year. Someone did speculate that Alpine would struggle to make the same budget this year, I don't know how true that is. Finishing 4th doesn't look it gives you much more than 7m more from F1. Maybe there is a trickle down from sponcers, more camera time more $$$$ from the same sponcer.

Alonsismo

diffuser wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 13:44
F1doc wrote:
McG wrote:

Money is limited by the CAP. There might be a 5-7 million difference between Alpine & AMR this year. Someone did speculate that Alpine would struggle to make the same budget this year, I don't know how true that is. Finishing 4th doesn't look it gives you much more than 7m more from F1. Maybe there is a trickle down from sponcers, more camera time more $$$$ from the same sponcer.
there is a limit, and a "limit"

if you have money, you will always find ways to use it.

PlatinumZealot

diffuser wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 13:04
PlatinumZealot wrote:
I'm sure they didn't enjoy the whole Aramco mess in Montreal.
Biting the hands that feed him.
I see him doing formula E maybe running a formula e team or doing some electric series or something.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏