2022 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Big Tea

Re: 2022 Alpine F1 Team

I still think he would have been better just saying he has not signed rather than the I will not be at Alpine. The message would be the same and no bridges burned.
It could still bite him
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

peewon

Big Tea wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 19:15
I still think he would have been better just saying he has not signed rather than the I will not be at Alpine. The message would be the same and no bridges burned.
It could still bite him
Otmar, literally the day before, said that "Piastri and his team are evaluating their options, whatever that means" and then they announce him the next day without a deal in place. It was a power move that backfired so to talk about burning bridges is pointless when they're literally trying to pressure him into a deal.

politburo
politburo

Neuron wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 16:27
Andres125sx wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 13:10

I'll reply your question with another question... Why do you describe Alonso move to another team as toxic?

Did you say the same with Lewis move from McLaren to Mercedes? Or when Vettel moved from RBR?

Drivers are drivers, nothing wrong with moving to different teams if they want, same as any other employee moving to a different company, contracts are agreements from both parts, once one of the parts is not happy with the agreement the contract is finished, as always, nothing wrong with that
But you can do it in two ways - as gentleman or as Alonso.
You can do it politely, with good mood etc.

Or just be as Alonso and let your team to know that you are leaving from Twitter...

Do you understand the difference?
Otmar and Rossi have been making some very strange comments since the start of the year, just last month Otmar claimed Alonso has less points than Ocon more due to his own mistakes, despite the fact Alonso has already taken 2 engine penalties this year, and the PU has even had in-race reliability issues (Canada). That’s like Binotto blaming Charles more for being 90 points behind in the DC rather than the myriad of issues at their team.
"Nosotros diferimos, pero nosotros todos son iguales"

politburo
politburo

All in all, the team leaders are just as much responsible for the toxicity as their employees are.
"Nosotros diferimos, pero nosotros todos son iguales"

djos

Andres125sx wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 15:01
Amazing comments in this thread...

Alpine can't convince Piastri to sign a new contract.... Even so announce publicly they did :wtf: which is lying to everybody and extremely irrespectful with Piastri, so Piastri is forced to clarify that statement is false by any means... And people say Piastri is unprofessional

And some even said it's Alonso responsibility :shock: #-o

Alpine is proving some serious arrogance, lack of respect, and lack of professionalism with all parts, including us fans. Lying can't be the solution for anything
Alonso and Webber are apparently still mates, so you never know, Mark might have asked Alonso to hold off signing his contract or Fernando might have told Mark that he had no intention of signing a 1-year deal that put him out to pasture in the WEC.
"In downforce we trust"

Espresso
Espresso

djos wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 23:41
Alonso and Webber are apparently still mates, so you never know, Mark might have asked Alonso to hold off signing his contract or Fernando might have told Mark that he had no intention of signing a 1-year deal that put him out to pasture in the WEC.
Wel if you add some rumours/suggestions from Max his forum.

Alonso and Mark had a chat giving Mark a chance to close a deal on the first. So Alonso presented his deal at the 2nd.
Why? Because Alonso and Piastri would be free man if Alpine didn't take the option at or before 31/7
Seb and Marko are good friends. Who knows what the 'man on a mission' knew...
Question is did Mark drink tea with Zak or Marko at the 1st of August....

Time will tell what speculation is correct.

Imho Piastri wouldn't be forced to communicate if he didn't have a contract signed with another team (.....or does Mark renegotiate the contractual terms...)

Piastri cannot say a thing at the moment...
But he sure must have something secured

At least it brings the summer break alive this year 😂
Do you feel the need to post, comment or criticize in this forum?
Please substantiate (why, how, what) your reply!
This is no twitter or chatbox but a forum.

Stay friendly and keep away bashing, trolling & baiting from our wonderful technical forum. --> Forum Guide

ringo

max_speed wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 17:19
PinkFloydPulse wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 14:18
max_speed wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 13:34

Because they hate him and want to give him shitty cars and make sure he never wins another championship and ridicule him in front of f1 fans for 20 years so that f1 can be entertaining.yes he has made f1 entertaining look at current saga with Alpine. 😊😊😊😊
Is this sarcasm? I honestly cannot tell… 😂
I hope it was taken as sarcasm by everyone including "ringo".
I like Alonso. I just dont worship him as the perfect driver who makes the best decisions all the time. For a man of his talent there is reason why he has only 2 wdc. His decisions.
He is bittersweet when it comes to how loved he is. He is like milk. You cannot keep him too long.
For Sure!!

ringo

I still stand by Alpine and their choice of words.
Piastri is their driver by contract. His azz belongs to Alpine.
He is the one who wants to jump out of contract. Maybe Mclaren can pay Alpine for him.
When more news comes out, all of you defending Piastri and Webber will realize how correct Alpine was.
For Sure!!

Zynerji

politburo wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 22:12
All in all, the team leaders are just as much responsible for the toxicity as their employees are.
The true art is recognized.

Zynerji

ringo wrote:
04 Aug 2022, 02:46
He is the one who wants to jump out of contract. Maybe Mclaren can pay Alpine for him.
When more news comes out, all of you defending Piastri and Webber will realize how correct Alpine was.
The terms "correct" and "legal" may be mutually exclusive here. They knew how the math played out, so they called Check Mate. I do it all the time.

PlatinumZealot

Alonsismo wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 14:28
Otmar turned alpine from a promising team, into Force India 2.0.
a mediocre team that will be for years a mediocre midfield team...

This is very bad for alpine...
Unfair to Judge Otmar over thinge out of his control. TPs need at least a year for you to see their inffluence.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

diffuser

ringo wrote:
It would be major incompetence if he is allowed to leave.

I don't know what went on in the negotiations between Alonso and Alpine but you've got to beleive Alonso's burnt another bridge.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

ringo wrote:
Can you please share the contract with the rest of us… You’ve clearly read it to make that statement, right?

JordanMugen

diffuser wrote:
04 Aug 2022, 03:18
It would. Alpine should have confirmed Piastri as their race driver for 2023 months ago.

JPower
JPower

JordanMugen wrote:
04 Aug 2022, 04:31
diffuser wrote:
04 Aug 2022, 03:18
It would. Alpine should have confirmed Piastri as their race driver for 2023 months ago.
90% of the people in this thread would've had an aneurism if that happened. :lol:

It feels like we were just arguing about it last week. Granted, Alonso fans weren't being reasonable about the situation Alpine was in.