General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Big Tea

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

Jolle wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 15:01
Snorked wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 10:19
Honda wants to buy Red Bull according to:
https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... -f1-video/

they aren't interested in buying Alpha.

#AMuS Michael Schmidt: "Honda has made an offer to Red Bull [2026], which I’ve heard isn‘t that unattractive either. But now Honda also saw what Porsche is planning at Red Bull (Porsche buying 50%). I think some at Red Bull believe that the Morocco leak was done on purpose."
It would be very surprising. Honda almost completely left the European car market and that is the main focus of F1 marketing.
Is it worth mentioning Japan drive on the left, as does UK, and UK are no longer in the EU.
They have a well thought of factory in Swindon.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Jolle

Big Tea wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 17:54
Jolle wrote:
Snorked wrote:

#AMuS Michael Schmidt: "Honda has made an offer to Red Bull [2026], which I’ve heard isn‘t that unattractive either. But now Honda also saw what Porsche is planning at Red Bull (Porsche buying 50%). I think some at Red Bull believe that the Morocco leak was done on purpose."
It would be very surprising. Honda almost completely left the European car market and that is the main focus of F1 marketing.
Is it worth mentioning Japan drive on the left, as does UK, and UK are no longer in the EU.
used to. Swindon is closed since early this year.
Where around 2006/7 they were selling close to 350.000 cars in Europe, these days its down to 70.000 and dropping. And only small city cars without any big margin.

Big Tea

Jolle wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 18:01
Big Tea wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 17:54
Jolle wrote:

used to. Swindon is closed since early this year.
Where around 2006/7 they were selling close to 350.000 cars in Europe, these days its down to 70.000 and dropping. And only small city cars without any big margin.
Ah, that would fix it then :mrgreen:

JordanMugen

Snorked wrote:

Let's say the Porsche offer for 50% of Red Bull Technology Ltd is around $500m, does that mean the Honda offer for 100% of Red Bull Technology Ltd is around $1bn? :o That's a big chunk of spare change indeed!

[Then who will Honda sell it to for £1 later this time? :lol: ]

AR3-GP

Honda, as much a they've have done for RB, have a worryingly unstable outlook. RB would be fools to give them full ownership. A small stake sure, but not enough for the Japanese bosses to throw away the team on a whim as they've been known to do.

chrisc90

AR3-GP wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 18:05
Honda, as much a they've have done for RB, have a worryingly unstable outlook. RB would be fools to give them full ownership. A small stake sure, but not enough for the Japanese bosses to throw away the team on a whim as they've been known to do.
Cant see RB ever 'throwing away' their F1 arm. Just look at the Red Bull sports teams worldwide in all different areas.

From football, e-sports even down to soap box racing....RB are never ever going to remove their name from F1.

https://interestingfootball.com/red-bul ... rge%20tops.

ispano6

I doubt Honda made an offer to buy out RedBull, that just sounds way off the mark. Click bait, probably.

If I were Honda I would team up with Haas or Andretti, use Dallara chassis and perhaps use RedBull gearboxes. Certainly not spend billions to buy out a team. Participation would be to develop their staff. They have plenty other things they are focusing on like nanotech, next generation batteries, evtol craft, and space propulsion.

Mogster

chrisc90 wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 23:47
AR3-GP wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 18:05
Cant see RB ever 'throwing away' their F1 arm. Just look at the Red Bull sports teams worldwide in all different areas.

From football, e-sports even down to soap box racing....RB are never ever going to remove their name from F1.

https://interestingfootball.com/red-bul ... rge%20tops.
Mateschitz is nearly 80. Who knows what the business priorities for Red Bull group will be after he’s gone.

AR3-GP

ispano6 wrote:
06 Aug 2022, 10:09
I doubt Honda made an offer to buy out RedBull, that just sounds way off the mark. Click bait, probably.

If I were Honda I would team up with Haas or Andretti, use Dallara chassis and perhaps use RedBull gearboxes. Certainly not spend billions to buy out a team. Participation would be to develop their staff. They have plenty other things they are focusing on like nanotech, next generation batteries, evtol craft, and space propulsion.
If I was Honda, I would want a team that wins now. You are either winning or an after thought.

Big Tea

AR3-GP wrote:
06 Aug 2022, 15:58
ispano6 wrote:

If I was Honda, I would want a team that wins now. You are either winning or an after thought.
But there is only one team that wins now. Last year, and looking like this year it is RBR. Other than take over RBR, which they do not look like selling, the options are to join up and play along or go into competition with your own outfit.

If you start with your own outfit there are 9 other teams you have to beat before you even get a crack at RBR.
With the existing state of arrangements* the engine supplier is a half way house and as close as anyone new is likely to get for several years.

* assuming the possibility of remaining engine suppler is still available to them and mot already contracted

AR3-GP

Big Tea wrote:
06 Aug 2022, 16:24
AR3-GP wrote:
ispano6 wrote:

But there is only one team that wins now. Last year, and looking like this year it is RBR. Other than take over RBR, which they do not look like selling, the options are to join up and play along or go into competition with your own outfit.

If you start with your own outfit there are 9 other teams you have to beat before you even get a crack at RBR.
With the existing state of arrangements* the engine supplier is a half way house and as close as anyone new is likely to get for several years.

* assuming the possibility of remaining engine suppler is still available to them and mot already contracted
Yes that's why I think they needed to figure out how to continue with RB.

Big Tea

AR3-GP wrote:
06 Aug 2022, 17:16
Big Tea wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:

I would love to see it, but we hear from everywhere they have sold out 50% to Porsche. If this is correct, it must be doubtful. Still like to see it happen though so I hope Honda are persuasive and Quick to get it done

AR3-GP

Big Tea wrote:
06 Aug 2022, 17:39
AR3-GP wrote:
06 Aug 2022, 17:16
Big Tea wrote:

I would love to see it, but we hear from everywhere they have sold out 50% to Porsche. If this is correct, it must be doubtful. Still like to see it happen though so I hope Honda are persuasive and Quick to get it done
I would have rather Honda stick to their guns and force Porsche to bring a new team to F1. Oh well.

ispano6

AR3-GP wrote:

That wouldn't be the Honda way though. It's through failures, trials and tribulations that one grows and learns.
It's a different mentality, not to say they don't want to win, but it's how they get to those wins is what counts. And if anything, I would consider buying out Max Verstappen's contract over buying out RedBull.

Bill

Honda are first and foremost an engine company ,the world biggest maybe they dont want to do trial and tribulation on car side,they would rather focus their energies on pu