2021 FIM MotoGP WC

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Cuky

Re: 2021 FIM MotoGP WC

So after season ended we have seen 2-day test session at Jerez on Thursday and Friday. Honda was there with 2 or 3 versions of a brand new 2022 bike, Ducati had some big development pieces for their riders, KTM and Aprilia as well. Yamaha and Suzuki had new parts as well, but they aren't as obvious as those previously mentioned.

Bagnia was by far the fastest, Quartararo was the first one behind him. Though times don't really mean a lot in testing sessions and they all had to deal with big winds on both days.

We also saw 5 rookies take on to the track on their MotoGP machines.

And there are big news on Marc Marquez. He's missed last two races of the season as well as this test session because after the crash while training on motocross bike he's been suffering with diplopia (double vision) and because of that he is in no shape to ride a bike. Repsol Honda team boss Puig said that before Christmas Marc will undergo new round of tests and if his situation is not improved then both HRC and Marc will have to decide on what to do. Rumors are that if Marc is not cleared to ride by Christmas that his brother will take over his bike at Repsol team while Iker Lecuona would take his place at LCR team

etusch

When MM broke his right hand bone I didn't think he lost his returning chance but this time I think his career is going to end. I was a MM fan but for a while I am looking another one :lol: There is a free position there motogp riders can apply.

A bit out of topic but at WSBK my compatriot Toprak Razgatlioglu got champion. I am very happy with that and hope to see him in Motogp in near future. Maybe after second WSBK championship. =D> =D>

Cuky

Yeah, nice one from Toprak there. And Yamaha as well, they really dominated the world on two wheels this year. Of those more recognized racing series they took championships in MotoGP, WSBK, BSBK, JSB1000 and MX2. KTM won in MXGP, while Kawasaki won in SuperSport 300

On MM topic, I really do hope this is not the way he ends his career. But if his problems with vision are really serious as it sounds than it may be better for his safety and safety of everyone else competing in MotoGP that he stays at home.

Here is new provisional calendar for 2022 season as well

Cuky

After few months of speculations it has finally been confirmed that VR46 team deal with Aramco to become a title sponsor in 2022. has fallen through.

The team has confirmed that their official name will be Mooney VR46 Racing Team after they announced that the deal was signed with Mooney (the first Italian Proximity Banking & Payments company) to support both their MotoGP and Moto2 teams.

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2021/12/ ... eam/403680

aleks_ader

Cuky wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 20:33
So after season ended we have seen 2-day test session at Jerez on Thursday and Friday. Honda was there with 2 or 3 versions of a brand new 2022 bike, Ducati had some big development pieces for their riders, KTM and Aprilia as well. Yamaha and Suzuki had new parts as well, but they aren't as obvious as those previously mentioned.

Bagnia was by far the fastest, Quartararo was the first one behind him. Though times don't really mean a lot in testing sessions and they all had to deal with big winds on both days.

We also saw 5 rookies take on to the track on their MotoGP machines.

And there are big news on Marc Marquez. He's missed last two races of the season as well as this test session because after the crash while training on motocross bike he's been suffering with diplopia (double vision) and because of that he is in no shape to ride a bike. Repsol Honda team boss Puig said that before Christmas Marc will undergo new round of tests and if his situation is not improved then both HRC and Marc will have to decide on what to do. Rumors are that if Marc is not cleared to ride by Christmas that his brother will take over his bike at Repsol team while Iker Lecuona would take his place at LCR team
Its real that Ducati are running mass tuned dampers under seat? If so thats quite clever.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Cuky

Apparently they do that, as well as Aprilia who started with it much later. If rumors are correct Honda should have something of that sort in 2022 bike as well

J.A.W.

Anyone more up with the FIM/Dorna - know if MotoE is still going in 2022?

They were unimpressive to say the least, being slower even than
the dismal Moto3, & just as uninspiring audibly...

The I.o.M. TT has given up on their E-bike race, now that Honda has
proved its point, & the ludicrous 'single lap' event was truly anomalous.
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

rscsr

J.A.W. wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 07:15
Anyone more up with the FIM/Dorna - know if MotoE is still going in 2022?

They were unimpressive to say the least, being slower even than
the dismal Moto3, & just as uninspiring audibly...

The I.o.M. TT has given up on their E-bike race, now that Honda has
proved its point, & the ludicrous 'single lap' event was truly anomalous.
afaik it will go as planned in 2022. I would very much doubt any cancellation rumors since Ducati will provide the new machine for 2023 and onwards.

AMG.Tzan

Marc Marquez will lose Honda's presentation on January 14th!

Honda says that it will be better for him to rest and continue his training program! Well I don't buy any of this...Marc isn't well enough to be able to attend a presentation so I don't see how he'll be able to attend the Sepang tests which start in about 20 days from now...

Apparently Marc will lose both the tests and some of the first races just like last year, which is a real shame because it means another year lost already! Hopefully that doesn't mean that his career is also going to end... :?
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Andres125sx

Some days ago the news showed Marquez on the bike again, he said himself he didn´t have any problem, so let´s hope he´s completely recovered! :D

vorticism

2021 KTM vs 1100 hp road car.

𓄀

sophiaabigail

The 2021 FIM MotoGP World Championship was the premier class of the 73rd F.I.M. Road Racing World Championship season. Fabio Quartararo won his first 192.168.l.254 world ...Fabio Quartararo was the 2021 MotoGP World Riders' Champion. Francesco Bagnaia finished runner-up on his first year with Ducati Lenovo Team. Joan Mir, the defending champion, finished third. Valentino Rossi retired at the end of the season after a 26-year career.Giacomo Agostini, with 15 victories, has won the most world championships. Ángel Nieto is second with 13 world championships and Valentino Rossi, Mike Hailwood and Carlo Ubbiali are third with 9 world championships.

kalvindarwan

Great race. get in there Pecco!!! The desperate lunge came, and like the years against Dovi, Marquez didn't quite get it right. contact us