Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
ispano6

Re: Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

DutchPanther wrote:
23 Aug 2022, 01:08

All thanks to Wazari-San and team for all their hard work behind the CNT cells
The cnt cells was a different team and group of researchers.

LaplacesDemon

Their cells are made by Saft, not Honda.

ispano6

LaplacesDemon wrote:
24 Aug 2022, 15:52
What F1 era are you talking about? Their new ES last year was developed by "Honda R&D Co., Ltd (Innovative Research Excellence) and Honda Motor Co. Ltd. (Automobile Operations Monozukuri Center), specifically from the road car battery development team."

LaplacesDemon

ispano6 wrote:
25 Aug 2022, 08:46
LaplacesDemon wrote:
What F1 era are you talking about? Their new ES last year was developed by "Honda R&D Co., Ltd (Innovative Research Excellence) and Honda Motor Co. Ltd. (Automobile Operations Monozukuri Center), specifically from the road car battery development team."
Current era.
The ESS was developed by Honda but the cells are sourced from Saft as is common practice. Currently Saft and A123 supply all current engine manufacturers on the grid.

ispano6

LaplacesDemon wrote:
25 Aug 2022, 12:23
ispano6 wrote:
25 Aug 2022, 08:46
LaplacesDemon wrote:
Current era.
The ESS was developed by Honda but the cells are sourced from Saft as is common practice. Currently Saft and A123 supply all current engine manufacturers on the grid.
You mean to say Honda outsourced the manufacturing of the Honda developed cells. The carbon nanotube innovation is unique to Honda and Saft nor A123 are supplying these cells to other manufacturers. Honda hasn't outwardly mentioned Saft or A123, so what you say is based on insider knowledge?

PlatinumZealot

Sometimes you gotta lower those spectacles. Honda is like most other car companies. They do not literally make every componwnt in their cars.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

ispano6

PlatinumZealot wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 15:46
Sometimes you gotta lower those spectacles. Honda is like most other car companies. They do not literally make every componwnt in their cars.
You always have issue with and downplay Honda's innovations, but have you actually seen the diagrams of the carbon nanotubes orientation that depict their novel application that set it apart from conventional applications. Same goes for their kumasei-mekki plating. These are difference making innovations that have helped propel RedBull to the top.

DutchPanther

Apparantly Max was running the new ERS
How hard can it be? ~Jeremious Clarksonious

organic

DutchPanther wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 22:27
The source of that tweet's information is this one:

Where, forgive me if I'm wrong, Donadoni simply says max has a new ES and new CE. Not necessarily new specification.

Furthermore, using formula Uno's information for any team other than Ferrari is.. wayward. They've been wrong many, many times this season alone

DutchPanther

organic wrote:
28 Aug 2022, 01:31
DutchPanther wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 22:27
The source of that tweet's information is this one:

Where, forgive me if I'm wrong, Donadoni simply says max has a new ES and new CE. Not necessarily new specification.

Furthermore, using formula Uno's information for any team other than Ferrari is.. wayward. They've been wrong many, many times this season alone
Ah, thanks for pointing that out, If that's the performance with old spec, can't wait for new one
How hard can it be? ~Jeremious Clarksonious

lucafo

ispano6 wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 21:00
PlatinumZealot wrote:
You always have issue with and downplay Honda's innovations, but have you actually seen the diagrams of the carbon nanotubes orientation that depict their novel application that set it apart from conventional applications. Same goes for their kumasei-mekki plating. These are difference making innovations that have helped propel RedBull to the top.
Wasn't it Kumabou metal nor honda?

ispano6

lucafo wrote:
28 Aug 2022, 20:06
ispano6 wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 21:00
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Wasn't it Kumabou metal nor honda?
It was developed by a Honda engineer(motorcycle division) in the Honda Giken Kougyou, Kumamoto Seisakusho factory. In one of the NHK documentaries this engineer was shown in a segment where he was credited for it, the company that did the plating might have been Kumabou though it was not ever acknowledged. In both the documentary and related articles it only mentions All-Honda, so that likely includes its subsidiaries and partners. This engineer was particularly nervous when the documentary crew was filming him as he watched the first race it was introduced but was relieved afterwards.

anthonyfa18

I would really want to watch The documentary from NHK can some please Give me a link or anything I’m even willing to pay to watch it I am in Canada we get nothing good over here😭

Snorked

RA622H?

Last edited by Snorked on 02 Sep 2022, 10:47, edited 1 time in total.

Rushu

anthonyfa18 wrote:
01 Sep 2022, 13:05
I would really want to watch The documentary from NHK can some please Give me a link or anything I’m even willing to pay to watch it I am in Canada we get nothing good over here😭
This one is the latest. (It refers to the 2021 season)
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1aL4y1474g/

You can find from previous years also in bilibili.