Caption Competition

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Big Tea

Re: Caption Competition

Oh for the old days when you could tell someone 'you look a right tit' and not get pilloried for it.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Pat Pending

There must have been a wager involved. Or Lewis is just yanking everyone's chain a la 'lets see just how 'out there' I can dress before someone actually says anything to my face'. :D

djos

Just_a_fan wrote:
26 Aug 2022, 15:30
Corporate vs individual.
More like normal vs lost the plot.
"In downforce we trust"

Big Tea

djos wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 02:12
Just_a_fan wrote:
Corporate vs individual.
He has spent a lot of time in the states, so maybe he automatically thought the temp was 32deg F and needed to wrap up and balaclava time. Easily done.

Just_a_fan

djos wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:
Corporate vs individual.
He supports a lot of young fashion designers and wears their stuff as part of that - he's a billboard for them, in effect. Not my cup of tea, in terms of clothes, I must say - I think they're silly but then that's fashion all the way.

I guess the posting of the photos got the response that it was aiming for - derision against Hamilton.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

djos

Just_a_fan wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 11:22
djos wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:

Corporate vs individual.
He supports a lot of young fashion designers and wears their stuff as part of that - he's a billboard for them, in effect. Not my cup of tea, in terms of clothes, I must say - I think they're silly but then that's fashion all the way.

I guess the posting of the photos got the response that it was aiming for - derision against Hamilton.
I don’t have a problem with him supporting young fashion designers. However, I do have a problem with them making him look like an idiot.

Most fashion design seems to be an exercise in who can come up with the weirdest, least practical possible clothes that will never be worn any where but a cat walk.

Lewis is brave, I’ll give him that. However if I were him I’d tell his mates that if they can’t come up with interesting clothes that don’t look stupid, then don’t bother.
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

Just_a_fan wrote:
djos wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:

Corporate vs individual.

Wearing this head **** is not advertising for one of the young designers. This is attention seeking.
The Power of Dreams!

Big Tea

Wouter wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 11:36
Just_a_fan wrote:
djos wrote:

Wearing this head **** is not advertising for one of the young designers. This is attention seeking.
He may have promised to do it before he saw the 'product' :cry:

Wouter

Big Tea wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 11:58
Wouter wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:

Yes, that could be, but lets be honest. If you than see the product, would you keep your promiss and look like a fool?
But I don't believe this is a design from a young fashion designer. Who wants to wear this?
The Power of Dreams!

djos

Wouter wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 12:12
Big Tea wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 11:58
Wouter wrote:

Yes, that could be, but lets be honest. If you than see the product, would you keep your promiss and look like a fool?
But I don't believe this is a design from a young fashion designer. Who wants to wear this?
Google “stupid fashion designs”. The whole industry seems to think being creative means making weird rubbish that only impresses other fashion designers.
"In downforce we trust"

chrisc90

Only one problem…

If it is a young designer promotion…. Who on Earth designed it? Without getting the name of these designers out, or speaking of them, the ‘public’ are no better off.

Needless to say, never seen these outfits he wears ever be fashionable.

Big Tea

chrisc90 wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 13:22
Only one problem…

If it is a young designer promotion…. Who on Earth designed it? Without getting the name of these designers out, or speaking of them, the ‘public’ are no better off.

Needless to say, never seen these outfits he wears ever be fashionable.

My Grandson-in-law is a designer and anything like that gets sent with pics and statements not only to the media, but to any company or individual with even a remote interest.

They are not backwards in coming forwards as we say here. His picture is actually 2 walls in a large room

Just_a_fan

djos wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 11:32
Just_a_fan wrote:
djos wrote:

I don’t have a problem with him supporting young fashion designers. However, I do have a problem with them making him look like an idiot.

Most fashion design seems to be an exercise in who can come up with the weirdest, least practical possible clothes that will never be worn any where but a cat walk.

Lewis is brave, I’ll give him that. However if I were him I’d tell his mates that if they can’t come up with interesting clothes that don’t look stupid, then don’t bother.
As I say, it's not my cup of tea at all. And much of it does look silly, but I give him credit for being comfortable enough in himself to actually wear the stuff.

I'm a jeans-and-shirt/t-shirt kind guy.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

djos

Just_a_fan wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 13:56
djos wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 11:32
Just_a_fan wrote:

As I say, it's not my cup of tea at all. And much of it does look silly, but I give him credit for being comfortable enough in himself to actually wear the stuff.

I'm a jeans-and-shirt/t-shirt kind guy.
I agree on all points! 👍
"In downforce we trust"

hollus

Why are we all being all serious and philosophical in a caption competition thread?
Rivals, not enemies.