General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
chrisc90

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

Outside of major cities where charging is plentiful, the EV market will never take off in my opinion. The infrastructure isnt there for it, no access to rapid charging so people have to go out their way to charge up quickly - unless they have space at home with a charger. Isnt going to happen in many streets where there is no household vehicle parking and your lucky to get outside your front door most days. Then cables over the streets/pathways. Nah. unrealistic.

I think the its going to be about hydrogen next and we will never see a full EV market - and people certainly arent going to go out their way to sell their ICE which can get them 5-600miles off a tank of fuel.

Off the line performance of EV's might be good (even with a heavy battery) but get them up to speed where power counts and your not getting anywhere very fast (100-200kmh)

Zynerji

chrisc90 wrote:
16 Aug 2022, 21:55
Outside of major cities where charging is plentiful, the EV market will never take off in my opinion. The infrastructure isnt there for it, no access to rapid charging so people have to go out their way to charge up quickly - unless they have space at home with a charger. Isnt going to happen in many streets where there is no household vehicle parking and your lucky to get outside your front door most days. Then cables over the streets/pathways. Nah. unrealistic.

I think the its going to be about hydrogen next and we will never see a full EV market - and people certainly arent going to go out their way to sell their ICE which can get them 5-600miles off a tank of fuel.

Off the line performance of EV's might be good (even with a heavy battery) but get them up to speed where power counts and your not getting anywhere very fast (100-200kmh)
The rural areas will adapt to EV when John Deere starts making them🤣

chrisc90

Zynerji wrote:
16 Aug 2022, 22:49
chrisc90 wrote:
16 Aug 2022, 21:55

The rural areas will adapt to EV when John Deere starts making them🤣
Haha :D

In all seriousness though. I live in a small village thats between 2 smaller towns and about 20-25minutes away from the nearest cities. I know the one town where I work has no EV chargers there you can use and not sure how many are in the other. 20minutes further inland and your in the weardale hills and even a petrol station is few and far between.

ispano6

Nice to see our Honda engineer on the podium with Max in Spa!!! Awesome work Honda!!!

(power unit chief Makoto Yoshino)
Last edited by ispano6 on 28 Aug 2022, 23:12, edited 1 time in total.

Juzh

To this day I can not fathom Honda's decision to quit f1. Imagine the publicity they'd be harnessing this year in Japan and around the world. Seriously that former CEO should probably be trialled in court for criminal negligence for taking that route, or sued by current management at the very least.

Wouter

ispano6 wrote:
28 Aug 2022, 16:45
Nice to see our Honda engineer on the podium with Max in Spa!!! Awesome work Honda!!!
Indeed !!

The Power of Dreams!

anthonyfa18

Yup it was so happy to see honda go up to the podium, honda should of never pulled out, just keep HRC to run f1 and other motorsports. And if hrc need help bring in mugen

Bill

Honda always said they use f1 to develop technology and train engineers,in other word they dont race in f1.they race in indy and moto gp.honda started as a bike company so i doubt they will never leave moto gp. Honda have been developing pu for almost a decade so staying would have meant spending lots of money as finding performance gains with mature tech is difficult so a compromised solution was found.the Honda name will return next year,and Hrc is still on the car any hardcore fan know was that.Rbr didnt have any renault branding they had Tag heuer but renault still got some form of publicity good or bad.

Sieper

ispano6 wrote:

When I saw that I immediately felt like this is an "admission" (without confirming or denying anything) that Max was running the new spec ERS? Of course, could just as well juts be a token of gratitude overall.

Wouter

Sieper wrote:
29 Aug 2022, 10:48
ispano6 wrote:

When I saw that I immediately felt like this is an "admission" (without confirming or denying anything) that Max was running the new spec ERS? Of course, could just as well juts be a token of gratitude overall.
Yes, Max was running the new ERS system and this was a token of gratitude for Honda.
Perez didn't have that and was much slower, but drove great.
The Power of Dreams!

Bill

Wouter wrote:
29 Aug 2022, 10:56
Sieper wrote:
ispano6 wrote:

Yes, Max was running the new ERS system and this was a token of gratitude for Honda.
was it official stated that Honda has brought new update to the power unit or just speculating .The most striking feature of that red bull car throughout the season has been its great top speed ,i still think Max would have obliterated the field even without those alleged updates.

Xray

Wouter wrote:
Sieper wrote:
ispano6 wrote:

So few comments on that, that part of the deficit of Perez was due to the new ERS that Max had.

Cs98

Wouter wrote:
Sieper wrote:
ispano6 wrote:

Watching the telemetry Max’s deployment was identical to Perez. Hitting the exact same speeds on the flat sections. I think they were running identical specs. And it has yet to be confirmed from a credible source there even is a new ERS upgrade.

Wouter

Cs98 wrote:
29 Aug 2022, 11:49
Wouter wrote:
Sieper wrote:

I think they were running identical specs.

And it has yet to be confirmed from a credible source there even is a new ERS upgrade.
You may think what you will think. I know what I know.
Why do you think power unit chief Makoto Yoshino was on the podium? For Fun?!
The Power of Dreams!

Snorked

Red Bull getting cold feet over the Porsche deal according to Amus, worried about the influence of Porsche with a 50% share, willing to explore other options.

Maybe the rumoured Honda offer to buy has turned their heads?