2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Drift4794 wrote:
28 Aug 2022, 16:48
I don't understand. How did Ferrari have worse deg than RB even when they put on higher DWF? It's happened earlier in the season too. What gives? Genuinely curious.
Ferrari always have higger deg. they have had it all season except for few specific tracks.

mendis
mendis

Drift4794 wrote:
28 Aug 2022, 16:48
I don't understand. How did Ferrari have worse deg than RB even when they put on higher DWF? It's happened earlier in the season too. What gives? Genuinely curious.
This is really confusing. I thought they removed DF and that made the car worse, but it seems like otherway round. They need to calm down and use the fundamental strength of the car, rather than trying to experiment too much. It's baffling that in FP3, they were sitting idle in the garage when Red Bull were practicing long runs. Maybe it would have been a good opportunity to find out the tyre deg.

JPower
JPower

Schippke wrote:
28 Aug 2022, 16:44
JPower wrote:
28 Aug 2022, 16:41
I'm sorry, there's no way you can blame the team for that penalty.
Yes, you can... Charles might've made the mistake, but it was not necessary to go for the fastest lap. Being that close to Alonso? The risks of a Slow Pitstop and loose the place to Fernando anyway? Potential speeding in the pits infringement?

Also, last time I checked, Charles is part of the team? So yeah... nobody else to blame but the team on that one. And to not even get it in the end was the icing on the cake; The Cherry on top was the 5 second penalty.

Man, it has been a painful season...
This is just like people blaming the strategy team for Charles for spinning at Imola.

Asking a driver to come into the pits for a stop is low risk. Everything after that, the risk is raised.

He messed up on a task he probably can execute 99/100. I don't see anything unreasonable about that request.

Xyz22
Xyz22

Embarrassing, nothing else to say.

LM10
LM10

chrisc90 wrote:
28 Aug 2022, 16:46
LM10 wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:
28 Aug 2022, 16:37
We go for Fastest lap Charles. Box box

Comes out behind Alonso and sets a slower time on softs with drs than rb on mediums without drs.

Then sets the fastest speed in the pitlane .
Your team finished 1-2 and you’ve got nothing better to do then write useless crap in the Ferrari thread. Speaks volumes.
And the handful of everyone else saying the same thing?

Typical Ferrari pit wall this season. School boy mistakes. Even your average fan could do a better job.
It’s a difference to say it as a fan of the team itself.

You’re happier seeing Ferrari do mistakes than seeing RedBull win. Not the first time you post such provocative things.

As for Ferrari’s strategy performance this season, it’s absolutely clear.

JPower
JPower

Drift4794
Drift4794

Ouch, that's gotta hurt

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

This is not a RB thread or Max thread but im just so ammased.

like till lap 3 ...Leclerc was right behind Max ...but as always some sh*t has to happen something wrong with breaks and he had to pit. This rarely happens with Max . let him start from 20th or 1st any sh*t ever happend that always helps him. i rarely remember any incident that not helping him or not destroying his opponent.

on the contrary with Leclerc be it Monaco, Silverstone , Abu Dhabi ....he is leading and always something has to happen that costs him win or podium.

really amazed why this affects both of them so oppositely. .

JordanMugen

JPower wrote:
28 Aug 2022, 16:52
Asking a driver to come into the pits for a stop is low risk.
It's low risk with a 30 second gap, but Charles actually lost the place to Fernando, no, and had to race hard to get it back? Seems like a risky rather than low risk call, especially when the driver himself was not keen to pit for FL attempt.

JordanMugen

LM10 wrote:
28 Aug 2022, 16:58
chrisc90 wrote:
28 Aug 2022, 16:46
Typical Ferrari pit wall this season. School boy mistakes. Even your average fan could do a better job.
You’re happier seeing Ferrari do mistakes than seeing RedBull win.
Not at all. I like Ferrari, I want to see them do well. Nothing against Ferrari. Ferrari road cars are my favourite sportscars, in addition to the Honda NSX Type R and Lexus LFA.

I don't understand why Ferrari strategy is so bad, indecisive, why are they always asking the drivers what to do, etc. It's very strange.

Unless I am mistaken, the Red Bull chief strategist Hannah Schmidt seems so much more decisive about making calls and the race engineers don't call up the the drivers, "we are thinking plan C, what do you think?"

I think Ferrari should seriously consider reorganising their strategy department IMO.

Drift4794
Drift4794

JordanMugen wrote:
28 Aug 2022, 17:07
I think Ferrari should seriously consider reorganising their strategy department IMO.
Binotto said "No changes" :wink:

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

Xyz22 wrote:
28 Aug 2022, 16:54

Embarrassing, nothing else to say.

lolz and haters claim Leclerc doesn't give his inputs ?

at Silverstone he asked to pit.
at Hungary he asked to be on mediums for longer ..
here again he was reluctant.

he is driving at 300kmph and has other tasks to do except fighting with the strategic team. A team that has been specially appointed to do this task and has all the data.

how is he balimed for this is out of this world for me.

Juzh

Shal_Leg16 wrote:
28 Aug 2022, 17:02
like till lap 3 ...Leclerc was right behind Max ...but as always some sh*t has to happen something wrong with breaks and he had to pit. This rarely happens with Max . let him start from 20th or 1st any sh*t ever happend that always helps him. i rarely remember any incident that not helping him or not destroying his opponent.
There was debris in silverstone that took him out of contention. Otherwise when you start last just about any unusual thing will benefit you in most cases, especially safety cars.

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

JordanMugen wrote:
28 Aug 2022, 17:02
JPower wrote:
Asking a driver to come into the pits for a stop is low risk.
It's low risk with a 30 second gap, but Charles actually lost the place to Fernando, no, and had to race hard to get it back? Seems like a risky rather than low risk call, especially when the driver himself was not keen to pit for FL attempt.
low risk 🤣🤣🤣

taperoo2k
taperoo2k

JPower wrote:
Schippke wrote:
JPower wrote:
28 Aug 2022, 16:41
I'm sorry, there's no way you can blame the team for that penalty.
Yes, you can... Charles might've made the mistake, but it was not necessary to go for the fastest lap. Being that close to Alonso? The risks of a Slow Pitstop and loose the place to Fernando anyway? Potential speeding in the pits infringement?

Also, last time I checked, Charles is part of the team? So yeah... nobody else to blame but the team on that one. And to not even get it in the end was the icing on the cake; The Cherry on top was the 5 second penalty.

Man, it has been a painful season...
This is just like people blaming the strategy team for Charles for spinning at Imola.

Asking a driver to come into the pits for a stop is low risk. Everything after that, the risk is raised.

He messed up on a task he probably can execute 99/100. I don't see anything unreasonable about that request.
Ferrari didn't need to do that, they should have settled for the points in 5th, not try and get an extra point. I've never known Ferrari to be this bad on strategy. Pit stops are never low risk, so many things can go wrong.