The secret horsepower race

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Wil992

The secret horsepower race

I’ve just started reading this.
https://www.mortonsbooks.co.uk/product/ ... Code/15057
Obviously it’s not directly F1 related, but it’s interesting and I figure there’s probably a few people here who would be interested in it too?

Stu

Re: The secret horsepower race

Hi Wil992, there is an entire thread on here (last of the great piston engines planes, or similar), the author was a contributor - and is still a member of the forum AFAIK.

Hours of happy reading and great tech!!
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Wil992

Re: The secret horsepower race

I remember when I read “how to build a car”, Adrian neweys book, I was a little disappointed at the amount of technical content, it was entertaining enough, but more autobiographical than I’d expected.
With this, I think it’s the opposite. I’m not an engineer, I’m a software developer and former aircraft tech, so I’m desperately hoping I can hang on in there when it gets hard core techy.
We’ll see. 😀