Mick Schumacher recent miracle to form... / ilegal car?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
nzjrs

Re: Mick Schumacher recent miracle to form... / ilegal car?

Manoah2u wrote:
04 Jan 2020, 16:10
alexx_88 wrote:
02 Jan 2020, 10:58
I blame movies for this concept of unbelievable natural ability that just exists in some people. Recent studies show that's not really the case at all
if you only live through textbooks and equations then it's hard to believe yes.
but if you actually confront yourself with real life, it's a different story alltogether.
El Scorchio wrote:
05 Jan 2020, 16:49
It’s possible through sheer time and hard work to get very good at most things- the 10,000 hours theory.
BTW only Gladwell wrote about 'his theory' in the context of cognitive pursuits, he never suggested really that it could apply to physical ones.

In any case, the 10000 hour theory has not stood the test of time and not not currently credible.

(and that is putting aside that the original authors of the study from which Gladwell based his book never agreed with his over-interpretation of their work)

Finally;
Manoah2u wrote:
04 Jan 2020, 16:10
if you only live through textbooks and equations then it's hard to believe yes.
Let's not p*** on Scientists too much here. Your average internet lunatic or Google PhD is much worse. The following graphic more accurately describes the portion of my career spent in the Sciences, and the experiences of my friends still there.

El Scorchio

‘ In any case, the 10000 hour theory has not stood the test of time and not not currently credible.’

I agree. As I was saying I think natural talent always wins through. No doubt lots and lots of practice makes you better at something but it’ll never replace something innate. All it can do is complement it when the two are combined.

munudeges

munudeges wrote:
29 Dec 2019, 00:41
https://www.planetf1.com/features/conce ... -dont-lie/

I hate to say I told you so, but he simply isn't good enough despite the best efforts of the Schumacher propaganda machine. One wonders what the differences were from last year to this.........

I think it's sad that we've got sons of previous Formula 1 drivers being shoehorned in off the back of the name and their wealth when their talents probably lie elsewhere. It's just an embarrassment to sully a once great name.
Looks like I'm definitely going to be proved right on this one. He just hasn't got anything particularly special, Ferrari are dropping him, his team will likely drop him at some point and no one else appears to be interested. They were only interested in the Schumacher name and publicity when it had column inches. It's debatable whether he should even be in F1 in the first place.

JordanMugen

Mick Schumacher has been largely matching Kevin Magnussen in the last three to four races. I am hopeful the HAAS team will retain the talented and amicable German young driver. :)

PlatinumZealot

BrunoH wrote:
25 Sep 2018, 20:40
Dear all, wold like to know what you all think about the ´´miracle form´´ out of nowere of Mick Shcumacher and its recent push to enter into F1....

his rivals are hinting at cheating and that the car must be illegal.... since its in F3 and its a Spec series.. what might have given the huge jump in performance in his car in the last 6 races were he won 5, and before did not even score a point.... !?!?

any ideias?

thank you all
There is no Miracle form. He is still mediocre.

Remember magnussen is basically coming off the couch and even in top form kmag was a few clicks slower than Grosjean in qualifying.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏