Are there any specific cases where the Halo has caused minor injuries/strains? If so, does it inhibit driver performance

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
Zuref
Zuref

Are there any specific cases where the Halo has caused minor injuries/strains? If so, does it inhibit driver performance

I am doing a research project on the effectiveness of Halo in driver safety. I was wondering if there are any cases where the Halo has caused injuries or just overall had a negative effect. I do know there have been some points made for visibility but is there anything else?

Dr. Acula
Dr. Acula

Re: Are there any specific cases where the Halo has caused minor injuries/strains? If so, does it inhibit driver perform

The only other objective drawback i know of beside visibility is time and ability to leaf the car. HALO makes it harder to get out of the car or even almost impossible if it's upside down. This was seen as a drawback in case of a fire. But because fires are not that common anymore in racing it was deemed acceptable and as grandjeans accident showed, it wasn't such a huge deal anyway.
Other than that, i don't know of any cases HALO actually caused injuries. The way it's mounted should make that nearly impossible anyway. For instance there's no way the helmet of the driver can hit HALO, it's to far away unless something else would give way first.