2022 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Re: 2022 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

It was quite obvious with the nbr of laps left there was a slim chance of a restart. Full safety with a car that needed to be recovered? A no brainer, really. There was a lot more points on the table if a bit of luck had gone the team's way. Still 6 points, onto Singapore.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

MrGapes

Launch map, Pitstops, Safety car... ahhh man such a frustrating race.. seems like everything went wrong

runningmanz
runningmanz

Should have been red flagged. Prob scared after Abu Dhabi last year. Could have been a grandstand finish.

MrGapes

Swed3121 wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 16:24
MrGapes wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 16:19
... they should be red flagging when somethings moving on track
Would have been disastrous for us with lando‘s launch system still not working , we would have lost many more places and might not have scored points
nothing related to Lando.. I just think generally if there is a tractor or something moving they should red flag

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

If it was red flagged then everyone could change tyres before the restart. was worth the risk to stay out.

Darth-Piekus

I feel a little annoyed right now. Max Verstappen is a fantastic driver but also FIA's Golden Boy. He is not allowed to lose. Really? Finishing behind an SC with two lapped cars between? Shouldn't Leclerc have a chance at least? They should have Red Flagged the race and restarted it with a standing start for fairness.

The SC screwed Lando also as we did not expect they would decide to finish behind the SC.

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

Darth-Piekus wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 16:27
I feel a little annoyed right now. Max Verstappen is a fantastic driver but also FIA's Golden Boy. He is not allowed to lose. Really? Finishing behind an SC with two lapped cars between? Shouldn't Leclerc have a chance at least? They should have Red Flagged the race and restarted it with a standing start for fairness.
Come on man. Don’t start your outlandish statements again. You do yourselves no favours

chrisgr
chrisgr

Ground Effect wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 16:26
It was quite obvious with the nbr of laps left there was a slim chance of a restart. Full safety with a car that needed to be recovered? A no brainer, really. There was a lot more points on the table if a bit of luck had gone the team's way. Still 6 points, onto Singapore.
Should we expext some new updates? I remember something like that mentioned in here.

proteus

Darth-Piekus wrote:

The SC screwed Lando also as we did not expect they would decide to finish behind the SC.
Please stop with such nonsense. How Fia helped Max? He breezed past everyone with ease trough the race.

Fia needs to check their equipment and procedures though.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Darth-Piekus

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 16:29
Darth-Piekus wrote:
Come on man. Don’t start your outlandish statements again. You do yourselves no favours
I will say what I feel like. Ferrari was screwed here. Sure Max did a fantastic job today but Leclerc was denied a chance at the end.

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

Darth-Piekus wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 16:31
101FlyingDutchman wrote:
Darth-Piekus wrote:
I will say what I feel like. Ferrari was screwed here. Sure Max did a fantastic job today but Leclerc was denied a chance at the end.
Fine. Back on my ignore list then. No worries

MrGapes

anyway was pleased with Daniels defending today... sooo soo unlucky, I honestly feel so sorry for him

Lando had some seriously rapid pace, I was super impressed.

Darth-Piekus

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 16:32
Darth-Piekus wrote:
101FlyingDutchman wrote:

I care not. If some of you here in this forum are such special snowflakes and get triggered by a different opinion feel free.

Seerix
Seerix

Darth-Piekus wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 16:34
101FlyingDutchman wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 16:32
Darth-Piekus wrote:

I care not. If some of you here in this forum are such special snowflakes and get triggered by a different opinion feel free.
"Triggered by delusions", there I fixed that for ya :).

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

chrisgr wrote:
Ground Effect wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 16:26
Should we expext some new updates? I remember something like that mentioned in here.
I'm not certain, but I think PhilipM had mentioned updates planned for Singapore a while back, maybe it's my imagination.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.