2022 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, Sep 09 - 11

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Re: 2022 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, Sep 09 - 11

AR3-GP wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 21:19
Just_a_fan wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 21:04
De Vries needed help getting out of the car as he was not at all F1-fit and the race took it out of him physically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9MxZqVMfro
It's surprising since Monza is actually quite a relaxing track. Very long straights to rest.
He's not race fit. Even Monza is hell for the muscles if they aren't race fit.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Wouter

organic wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 21:39
Yea can't imagine him lasting full race distance at Singapore if this is his reaction to Monza. He said post-race he's not fully fit because he is at the moment not full time racing on track.
The last time he had to drive was the weekend of August 13 at the FE in Seoul. Then his long vacation began.
Probably trained a bit for the AM test drive on Friday.
The Power of Dreams!

Ferry
Ferry

Anyone else been to the track at Monza this weekend? I brought some friends there, for their first experience of Formula 1 live. What a disappointment! Some clever heads had decided that all food and drinks had to be bought with tokens. Electronic wristbands or "coins". The wristbands never worked. We were standing in queue for two hours just to buy tokens. Then another long queue to buy food with the tokens. But they ran out of tokens, so you could not buy them. And no chance to buy as much as a glass of water with cash or card. One hour before Q1 started, me and my wife was so dehydrated we went to the medics tent to get some water. But no change. So we walked the long way out of the arena. Watched quali on a small TV in a beer tent outside. At least we could buy food and beer with real money there. We took the hard decision to not come back on Sunday to watch the race, even though we had tickets. I could not drag my friends trough that bad experience for another day. So we spent Sunday in Bergamo, eating fantastic pizza, ice cream, drinking good wine and watching F1 in a local pub. I'm so dissapointed over the organisators. Don't think I have enough of a vocabulary of swear words to say, so I better not say any of them.

johnny comelately
johnny comelately

Ferry wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 22:29
Anyone else been to the track at Monza this weekend? I brought some friends there, for their first experience of Formula 1 live. What a disappointment! Some clever heads had decided that all food and drinks had to be bought with tokens. Electronic wristbands or "coins". The wristbands never worked. We were standing in queue for two hours just to buy tokens. Then another long queue to buy food with the tokens. But they ran out of tokens, so you could not buy them. And no chance to buy as much as a glass of water with cash or card. One hour before Q1 started, me and my wife was so dehydrated we went to the medics tent to get some water. But no change. So we walked the long way out of the arena. Watched quali on a small TV in a beer tent outside. At least we could buy food and beer with real money there. We took the hard decision to not come back on Sunday to watch the race, even though we had tickets. I could not drag my friends trough that bad experience for another day. So we spent Sunday in Bergamo, eating fantastic pizza, ice cream, drinking good wine and watching F1 in a local pub. I'm so dissapointed over the organisators. Don't think I have enough of a vocabulary of swear words to say, so I better not say any of them.
!
CC that to Stefano Domenicali and Simon Lazenby team.

Big Tea

Wouter wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 22:22
organic wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 21:39
Yea can't imagine him lasting full race distance at Singapore if this is his reaction to Monza. He said post-race he's not fully fit because he is at the moment not full time racing on track.
The last time he had to drive was the weekend of August 13 at the FE in Seoul. Then his long vacation began.
Probably trained a bit for the AM test drive on Friday.
He would not have expected to have done a race, so his preparation would not have been the best, no need to 'pace himself' and after driving the AM he may well have allowed himself a little calibration as he thought his weekends work was done. There is also a huge psychological element involved in his first race at such short notice too.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Makes me wonder how Hulkenberg manages to step in and race.

Sofa King
Sofa King

On F1 TV Nyck said the final safety car did him in, but no neck pain. I’m sure he can get his shoulders in shape in a few weeks

ringo

Just_a_fan wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 23:53
Makes me wonder how Hulkenberg manages to step in and race.
Muscle memory and maybe at his age he knows how to manage his energy levels throughout the race.

I think shumacher was known to have an almost resting heart beat during a race.
For Sure!!

PlatinumZealot

Another nail in the ricciardo coffin this race. They say what has died can never die again, but!!!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Andres125sx

Just_a_fan wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 21:04
De Vries needed help getting out of the car as he was not at all F1-fit and the race took it out of him physically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9MxZqVMfro
Even more impressed by his perfomance now! :o =D> =D> =D>

But people still wonder about the need of the TD... people don´t realice how demanding is driving a F1 car and how dangerous it may be if drivers are exhausted due to excessive demands.

If there´s some margin, then DF and max lateral Gs might be increased, but increasing driver demands with vertical shaking in the straights would be nosense

Postmoe

Wouter wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 17:17
vanburin wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 16:51
Wouter wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 16:44
Well, this is great. Ferrari fans were booing and singing while the Dutch national anthem was played! Unimaginable.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CiYv4wLIFP2 ... NYq5To1Y0/
Link is broken. Probably for the better, anyways. There are disrespectful outliers in every country, that doesn't make a reflection for the entire population.
Link is broken? Maybe a private account? Edit: Yes, it is indeed private. https://www.instagram.com/stop_toxic.f1_fans/
I found a piece of that video. You can't even hear the Dutch national anthem.
This is so disrespectful.
Edit: https://www.tiktok.com/@rhiannonck/vide ... 4859416838

The second Tweet is from the interview after the race. On TV we couldn't hear what Max was saying.

I admire the italian fanbase as they can love formula 1, but they certainly love even more fair tax regulations at EU level. It's not at all about Max, it's just they don't like tax havens.

Wouter

Postmoe wrote:
13 Sep 2022, 09:49
Wouter wrote:
vanburin wrote:

Link is broken. Probably for the better, anyways. There are disrespectful outliers in every country, that doesn't make a reflection for the entire population.

The Tweet is from the interview after the race. On TV we couldn't hear what Max was saying.

I admire the italian fanbase as they can love formula 1, but they certainly love even more fair tax regulations at EU level.

It's not at all about Max, it's just they don't like tax havens.
Sorry, I don't know what you are trying to say. Tax?

Yesterday a big McLaren fan collected video's and put those on his Twitter account.
He doesn't understand (like many people) why the F1, FIA AND Sky Sport aren't mention this disgusting behaviour.

https://twitter.com/SamMaleyUK
The Power of Dreams!

Sieper

Postmoe wrote:
13 Sep 2022, 09:49
Wouter wrote:
vanburin wrote:

Link is broken? Maybe a private account? Edit: Yes, it is indeed private. https://www.instagram.com/stop_toxic.f1_fans/
I found a piece of that video. You can't even hear the Dutch national anthem.

The second Tweet is from the interview after the race. On TV we couldn't hear what Max was saying.

I admire the italian fanbase as they can love formula 1, but they certainly love even more fair tax regulations at EU level. It's not at all about Max, it's just they don't like tax havens.
Max mum is a wh. Throw water bottles at his car, intimidate fans, racial slurs at his engineer, boo through the anthem. If any one of these things happened to Lewis the twitter world would explode but apparently if it happens to Max it is a fine chance to start discussing NL is a corporate tax haven.

Good point, it is, and that needs to stop. Now that we addressed that, what the actual F is happening, throwing insults and literal potentially race ending stuff at drivers, because the SC organization made a dumb mistake, they picked up Russell. There was NO chance to restart, not even Russell was back in position again, let alone anyone else.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Guys, please edit posts so that we don't keep getting the same Twitter (or other) images every post. It makes scrolling through the thread a bit boring.

Wouter

Sieper wrote:
13 Sep 2022, 10:35
Max mum is a wh. Throw water bottles at his car, intimidate fans, racial slurs at his engineer,
boo through the anthem. If any one of these things happened to Lewis the twitter world would explode but apparently if it happens to Max it is a fine chance to start discussing NL is a corporate tax haven.

Good point, it is, and that needs to stop. Now that we addressed that, what the actual F is happening, throwing insults and literal potentially race ending stuff at drivers, because the SC organization made a dumb mistake, they picked up Russell. There was NO chance to restart, not even Russell was back in position again, let alone anyone else.
During the weekend Calum Nicholas, Senior Power Unit Technician, Max his friend,
recieved many racist messages on the floor and online.
Even yesterday it wasn't stopped! He is such a nice guy. From his IG:

Image ..... Image
The Power of Dreams!