2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

https://news.verstappen.com/en/article/4896
With that the Dutch Oracle Red Bull Racing-driver is now 116 points ahead and is rapidly on his way to probably prolong his world title.
Jos Verstappen: “I do hope so. Max has a big lead, points wise, and it’s all looking very positive, but it still needs to become reality. Everyone is ready for the title, but it remains exciting.
I want to be present at all the races, just in case it happens. I am definitely going to Singapore and, depending how things look after that,
I will fly together with Max to Japan.”

We have seen Max win in the last few races from seventh, tenth and even fourteenth. “This means that the car is doing very well during the races”, according to Jos. If Max is able to start from the front row, it will only be easier. That’s just fine.”

Jos is understandably reluctant to predict when the second world title can become a reality. “That actually doesn’t make any difference for me. The most important thing is that it happens, even if it happens at the final race. Of course, Max leads by a great many points but the most important thing is that he becomes a champion once more.”
Max will be WC in Singapore if:
"9E en zonder SR = 9th without FL" and "E of lager = 9th or lower".

The Power of Dreams!

chrisc90

I have doubts whether it will be Singapore - just too fine of a margin to win it. Japan or COTA is more likely

Henk_v

If checo crashes into leclerc, the deal is done.

But somehow Singapore seems like a silly place to take the WC. It would not be a record. Nothing to gain.

Suzuka would be the place to get it. It they'd stage a dominant 1-2 win and seal the WC for Verstappen and elaborately celebrate, it would be hard for Honda to ignore the elated crowd. If RB sets Honda a deadline in the weeks after, Honda would lose face if they decline. Losing face is a big shame in Japanese culture.

Maybe they will even turn the engine in Yuki's car up enough to get to 6th or something.

Heck! Imagine they'll give Yuki an FP1 in the RB and get someone unexpected to drive yuki's car. That would fire up the roumors and take the spotlight!

atanatizante

The reason why RB18 is so fast down the straights and in general, afterall :

"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

BlueCheetah66

Singapore would be nice plus a champion hasn't wrapped it up in Singapore before. But Suzuka would be perfect with Honda and how historic the circuit is

AR3-GP

That's unfortunately a very superficial analysis.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 17 Sep 2022, 17:44, edited 1 time in total.

etusch

winning in suzuka is good enough while everybody already know the champion

Wouter

September 6 in St Tropez:
Oracle Red Bull Racing

Hope you've got your sea legs, Max and Checo! The Bulls are in Saint Tropez, teaming up with Oracle and SailGP,
for a lesson in sailing.
The Power of Dreams!

AR3-GP

What a nice perk of the job.

Jaisonas

Will we see a special Suzuka livery?

FW17

Jaisonas wrote:
22 Sep 2022, 09:42
Will we see a special Suzuka livery?
Something HRC will be nice

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Bill

atanatizante wrote:
17 Sep 2022, 16:18

it is not just redbull that is quick down the straight it is also alpha tauri which dont have any fancy aero kit.fia gives data about these after quali and race so it is easy to check and make an argument.redbull have been struggling with straight line speed for many years with renault ,if they were some aero tricks to boost down straight why did they not deploy it then if likes of scarbs belief its that easy.ferrari could match red bull straight line speed in Baku and Austria but it came with reliability issues so the pu have been dialled back then to provide more sustainable performance over the entire season.what i see hear is the europeans trying to explain away Honda success after belittle them and underestimating them when they were struggling,its like when the chinese beat american to 5g race to the us china was stealing american tech they did no have.i think its about perception people have about themself than reality.if that Honda pu was a merc everybody will be falling all over themself and telling us about how great and wonderful it is like last year rocket engine that never was.

ispano6

Maybe so but we also don't know the gear ratios that Red Bull have opted for this year as well as the mapping and deployment strategy. It seems Ferrari are faster at getting away in a straight line but Red Bull have higher top end, so taller gears and power delivery may be the bigger factor than Honda just having outright more power. The F1 press did try to make it seem that Honda weren't on top of the power loss of the E10 fuel but clearly RBPT and Honda have a good piece of kit in the back of the car.

Wouter

Bill wrote:
23 Sep 2022, 18:56
it is not just redbull that is quick down the straight it is also alpha tauri which dont have any fancy aero kit.fia gives data about these after quali and race so it is easy to check and make an argument.redbull have been struggling with straight line speed for many years with renault ,if they were some aero tricks to boost down straight why did they not deploy it then if likes of scarbs belief its that easy.ferrari could match red bull straight line speed in Baku and Austria but it came with reliability issues so the pu have been dialled back then to provide more sustainable performance over the entire season.what i see hear is the europeans trying to explain away Honda success after belittle them and underestimating them when they were struggling,its like when the chinese beat american to 5g race to the us china was stealing american tech they did no have.i think its about perception people have about themself than reality.if that Honda pu was a merc everybody will be falling all over themself and telling us about how great and wonderful it is like last year rocket engine that never was.
Your message is very hard to read for me as a non English speaker. Could you perhaps use punctuation, spaces and capitalization?
The Power of Dreams!