2022 Williams Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
maseboogie

Re: 2022 Williams Racing F1 Team

Yet another goose egg on the board for Latifi. No surprise, but this one all but guarantees he's done in F1 after De Vries's "Car-pe Diem" performance today.

Big Tea

maseboogie wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 17:52
Yet another goose egg on the board for Latifi. No surprise, but this one all but guarantees he's done in F1 after De Vries's "Car-pe Diem" performance today.
As I posted on another thread, He has kept Williams afloat, don't be too hard on him.
As a race driver he is *poor, but he has played his part, don't 'Hate'

*Edit Word changed, too strong
Last edited by Big Tea on 12 Sep 2022, 17:46, edited 1 time in total.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

maseboogie

Big Tea wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 17:54
maseboogie wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 17:52
As I posted on another thread, He has kept Williams afloat, don't be too hard on him.
As a race driver he is crap, but he has played his part, don't 'Hate'
No hate at all. Just an observation speaking purely on the performance.

Just_a_fan

Alex Albon was treated for a post-operative respiration failure after his appendix surgery.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/62881176

Now making a recovery, but must have been a scary moment for family and friends.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

NL_Fer

Anybody seen a VW or Porsche delegation around the Williams offices?

diffuser

NL_Fer wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 18:33
Anybody seen a VW or Porsche delegation around the Williams offices?
I'm not gonna follow the bouncing ball. It isn't that interesting to me. One thing is certain, the rules are in for the new PU. So the existing manufacturers are starting to design while VW is still looking for a room with a view.

nokivasara

Latifi said after the race that the car is lacking downforce, it doesn't corner or brake well. I don't know, he started at P10 with his team mate P8, finished P15 with just one car behind him where his team mate, in his F1 debut, finished P9!
Where does one draw the line for a pay driver?

101FlyingDutchman

nokivasara wrote:
13 Sep 2022, 14:33
Latifi said after the race that the car is lacking downforce, it doesn't corner or brake well. I don't know, he started at P10 with his team mate P8, finished P15 with just one car behind him where his team mate, in his F1 debut, finished P9!
Probably isn’t a line if you rely so heavily on the income provided of their sponsor and find it difficult to get alternative funds in place!

nokivasara

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
13 Sep 2022, 14:40
nokivasara wrote:
Probably isn’t a line if you rely so heavily on the income provided of their sponsor and find it difficult to get alternative funds in place!
Yeah, it's a tricky situation. How does it affect other sponsors and media coverage with one car occasionally fighting for points (I think Albon is on P12 or 13 on average this year) and the other having a P17 finish as his best result so far.

Big Tea

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
13 Sep 2022, 14:40
nokivasara wrote:
And no doubt depends on where your driver is from and where other sponsors are from. Not the actual company that backs the driver, but the language, availability to make appearances, take tours etc.

They get their money for more than just driving a car around if it is done well or badly, and the more the driver is seen or interviewed in the country the happier the sponsors, even if he is not their driver, just as long as their product is seen.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Wouter

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/

The Power of Dreams!

organic

Given De Vries looks likely to go to AT now, is Mick the most likely candidate to replace Latifi? Oh, sargeant I suppose

DChemTech

organic wrote:
23 Sep 2022, 11:08

Given De Vries looks likely to go to AT now, is Mick the most likely candidate to replace Latifi? Oh, sargeant I suppose
The media were quick to report Nyck allegedly would go to AT, but for as far we know, all he did was talk. Without an announcement, I don't rank either option higher than the other. And hell, Nyck could even go to Alpine - but even if that were announced I wouldn't take it as definitive :D

organic

DChemTech wrote:
23 Sep 2022, 12:38
organic wrote:

The media were quick to report Nyck allegedly would go to AT, but for as far we know, all he did was talk. Without an announcement, I don't rank either option higher than the other. And hell, Nyck could even go to Alpine - but even if that were announced I wouldn't take it as definitive :D
Eh if van Haren is reporting it as essentially a done deal, that's good enough for me. He's not just media but has been 100% accurate with RB/AT reports in the past. He's extremely close to the Verstappens and clearly has inside info into RB

diffuser

organic wrote:
23 Sep 2022, 12:51
DChemTech wrote:
23 Sep 2022, 12:38
organic wrote:

Eh if van Haren is reporting it as essentially a done deal, that's good enough for me. He's not just media but has been 100% accurate with RB/AT reports in the past. He's extremely close to the Verstappens and clearly has inside info into RB
Count me in the "ain't over till the fat lady sings" Box.