[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2022 (Grand Prix Cars)

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
Koldskaal

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2022 (Grand Prix Cars)

Ft5fTL wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 13:19
What is the latest verdict on wing endplates? Will simplified endplates be mandatory?
Am I missing something? rear or front wing? Why should they be simplified?
MVRC - Koldskaal, name: Christian

yinlad

Koldskaal wrote:
20 Sep 2022, 12:24
Ft5fTL wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 13:19
What is the latest verdict on wing endplates? Will simplified endplates be mandatory?
Am I missing something? rear or front wing? Why should they be simplified?
I think there was talk of enforcing 'proper' 2022 end plate transitions on front and rear wings but there's no rule changes committed yet as far as I'm aware
MVRC - Panthera

CAEdevice

I confirm, the rules about wings did not change after Monza.

I have been using 2022 compliant wings for the first two races, but I fear that in the next races 2021 wings would give significant advantage in df generation.

I will insist with 2022 compliant wings anyway, despite not mandatory.

LegendaryM

My pick for the next race is Variante. Hopefully I'll be competitive but there'll probably be a few teething troubles as this is my first ever race. I also realised that I let a fillet on my floor run outside the legality box so I will probably get penalised for that.

Regarding the rules, maybe we could start a new thread to discuss rule changes for next season? Including things like reducing the cooling demand and maybe some new front suspension parts etc. I'm not really sure how we'd write rules to mandate F1 style endplate transitions without things getting very complicated: The F1 regs have to define virtual surfaces to mandate this.
MRVC: Tolo Racing

CAEdevice

LegendaryM wrote:
21 Sep 2022, 10:40
Regarding the rules, maybe we could start a new thread to discuss rule changes for next season?
I think it's a good idea, both for the technical part and for the "sporting" rules. From my point of view, this type of competition has great potential for development.

Do you think it is better to open a thread on this forum or elsewhere?

LegendaryM

CAEdevice wrote:
21 Sep 2022, 12:30

I think it's a good idea, both for the technical part and for the "sporting" rules. From my point of view, this type of competition has great potential for development.

Do you think it is better to open a thread on this forum or elsewhere?
What do you have in mind for the sporting rules? I don't see why we shouldn't use this forum, its good "advertisement" to get new people interested
MRVC: Tolo Racing

CAEdevice

LegendaryM wrote:
22 Sep 2022, 10:41
What do you have in mind for the sporting rules?
It is too early to enter the subject, but I was thinking of two proposals: to encourage those who show the details of the car between one race and another and a sort of "final" after a regular season of 3 races, so that we can use, in a challenge among the best 3, a more detailed mesh (or a final race with double points, involving everyone).

LegendaryM wrote:
22 Sep 2022, 10:41
I don't see why we shouldn't use this forum, its good "advertisement" to get new people interested
ok

LVDH

Discussions about the sporting rules are welcome. Right now, we only have the technical regulations formalized. I am happy for someone to write down the sporting rules, as it will help newcomers a lot. When we have that, we can always improve them. I am open, the only restriction is that I will not be the guy writing the first version down. Otherwise you will have to wait some two or three years.

In other news about the current race: Everything is going well. Last time I had every imaginable issue, even a power outage, trying to fight me. Now everything seems to be running fine. Probably on Monday, I will do the scrutineering. I have also worked on the rules and did a lot of CAD work for updated CAD files, improving quality and also making simulations with rake possible. If the rake simulations will happen next race should also become clear on Monday then. Right now, I cannot guarantee it.

variante

LVDH wrote:
23 Sep 2022, 16:03
Probably on Monday, I will do the scrutineering.
Will we also have the race results on monday or...?

LVDH

I will probably have them. But then I have to send them over to Max, then they go to Christian, as he creates the video. So fastest, we get the results on Wednesday. But very realistically we will have them next weekend. I know, I always banged everything out in one week in the past, this will not happen too soon again. But I aim for two weeks to present the results.

CAEdevice

Two weeks is fine, the important thing is that there are not too many delays, otherwise we become paranoid and obsessed with forum notifications or compulsive users of the F5 button :)

LVDH

Ok guys, so to be transparent, I have sent the results to Max and Christian. They should get the video out latest tomorrow. In scrutineering, Pure Power Racing made so many violations, including a repeated offense that he gets 2 penalties. And our newcomer, HRT 2.0, might have a fantastic name but also a new record with getting a penalty in the very first team entry. This is for that nose, that I thought, I made clear should have not burdened our eyes.

BlueCheetah66

LVDH wrote:
26 Sep 2022, 14:15
Ok guys, so to be transparent, I have sent the results to Max and Christian. They should get the video out latest tomorrow. In scrutineering, Pure Power Racing made so many violations, including a repeated offense that he gets 2 penalties. And our newcomer, HRT 2.0, might have a fantastic name but also a new record with getting a penalty in the very first team entry. This is for that nose, that I thought, I made clear should have not burdened our eyes.
I'm already breaking records :D

I've already abandoned that nose for the next round

Ft5fTL

LVDH wrote:
The only warning that i got from the first race was the holes on the nose. Since i dont have them anymore i wonder what is my repeated offense.
Mantium Challenge - Pure Power Racing

LVDH

BlueCheetah66 wrote:
26 Sep 2022, 14:59
I'm already breaking records :D

I've already abandoned that nose for the next round
Yeah, this is a good MVRC carrier start.

Ft5fTL wrote:
26 Sep 2022, 17:56
LVDH wrote:
The only warning that i got from the first race was the holes on the nose. Since i dont have them anymore i wonder what is my repeated offense.
Yes, you should read rule 9.6 a bit more closely. These small wings are like the opposite of your holes. You have now violated that rule twice.