[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2022 (Grand Prix Cars)

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
G-raph

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2022 (Grand Prix Cars)

Great video once again!

Congratulation to LegendaryM. I'm pleased that I picked up the correct winner once again. I'm getting good at this!

Regarding the race results, I'm not going to lie, I'm quite disappointed. Yes I made a good step (that would have been enough to win Race 1) but I was expecting a larger gain, and I thought I had found more than enough margin on cooling. I guess that's the joy of developing with a very unrefined CFD model.

You guys also made a big step between races, shoutout to Matteo in particular, I didn't see it coming. It shows the quality of the competition really, which is great to see.

Ft5fTL

Congratz to LegendaryM for the impressive result. I'm sad that i lost 4th because my lack of understanding of the rules.
Mantium Challenge - Pure Power Racing

LVDH

Sorry about this. I was wondering about creating more images for the rules. In this case, we could use one with a legal and an illegal cross section of the nose area. But I just now remembered something. You guys can help out as well. Maybe someone could create these two images for the rules?

JJR
JJR

Congratulations to everyone especially to Legendary M.

After my cooling and ballance issue I made judge to use MantiumFlow for first time. When I build case MF gave me warning report:
"Some stl files contain invalid or problematic characters (":,-SPACE) or start with alphanumeric symbols.
I have name of stls file like: frt_wheel_r.stl .Please can somebody tell me what´s wrong with names of my stl files?

Koldskaal

G-raph wrote:
27 Sep 2022, 22:03
You guys also made a big step between races, shoutout to Matteo in particular, I didn't see it coming. It shows the quality of the competition really, which is great to see.
Many people improved their cars a lot. Looking simply as the difference in L/D from race 1 to 2:
CAEdevice -0,441
Samn -0,348
PantheraEsports -0,317
GRaph Racing -0,278
PurePowerRacing -0,258
Koldskaal -0,235
Max -0,11
Variante -0,024
JJR 0,035
Maybe not the most best measure of car performance, considering the race tracks for these two rounds, but still.
If everyone continues to improve at this rate, there will be 6 cars with L/D <-2,5 in race 3.
MVRC - Koldskaal, name: Christian

CAEdevice

JJR wrote:
28 Sep 2022, 11:55

After my cooling and ballance issue I made judge to use MantiumFlow for first time. When I build case MF gave me warning report:
"Some stl files contain invalid or problematic characters (":,-SPACE) or start with alphanumeric symbols.
I have name of stls file like: frt_wheel_r.stl .Please can somebody tell me what´s wrong with names of my stl files?
I use similar names (e.g "wing_rear.stl") without any issue.
Maybe the software refers the content of the ASCII file?

BlueCheetah66

JJR wrote:

Maybe check the folder names. When I was doing it, the folder named MantiumFlow_MFlow_2208_win had a space in the name which produced the error

CAEdevice

Koldskaal wrote:
28 Sep 2022, 11:58
Many people improved their cars a lot. Looking simply as the difference in L/D from race 1 to 2:
CAEdevice -0,441
The car I used in Hungary (Race01) was optimized (especially the diffuser) for a different ground clearance: There has been issues with the MFlow setup and I was... on holyday! The final release was not been tested and fixed with "mental cfd" :) That is why I could improve easily. Now begins the difficult part...

JJR
JJR

Thanks Matteo. I ´m using Linux version of OpenFoam 4.0 withou any issues with those stl files so it should by OK.
Last edited by JJR on 28 Sep 2022, 12:16, edited 1 time in total.

JJR
JJR

BlueCheetah66 wrote:
28 Sep 2022, 12:01
JJR wrote:

Maybe check the folder names. When I was doing it, the folder named MantiumFlow_MFlow_2208_win had a space in the name which produced the error
I also check all folders names and I din ´t find any issue with them too

Koldskaal

JJR wrote:
28 Sep 2022, 12:16
BlueCheetah66 wrote:
JJR wrote:

Did you check all the parent folders too? iirc I had a similar issue at one point because the name for my d-drive had a space in it.
MVRC - Koldskaal, name: Christian

JJR
JJR

Koldskaal wrote:
28 Sep 2022, 12:26
JJR wrote:
28 Sep 2022, 12:16
BlueCheetah66 wrote:

Did you check all the parent folders too? iirc I had a similar issue at one point because the name for my d-drive had a space in it.
Thanks Christian! That was it. Problem was in name of my drive

JJR
JJR

Another problem to run Mflow. After succesfully building case I strugle with Run case with error: OF Case has not build yet! I check folders structure and folders like "system, 0, constant " are all there.
Any suggestions what went this time wrong?

CAEdevice

JJR wrote:
28 Sep 2022, 14:10
Another problem to run Mflow. After succesfully building case I strugle with Run case with error: OF Case has not build yet! I check folders structure and folders like "system, 0, constant " are all there.
Any suggestions what went this time wrong?
I don't know how to solve the issue, but if you need to start the simulation and the "runCase.sh" file has been created in the folder, you can launch the simulation from te local terminal with the command "bash runCase.sh"

CAEdevice

Hi, do you think we can have an agreement about using 2022 compliant wings for the next race?

I would prefer to stay 2022 compliant, but considering that at least a top team is using 2021 wings and "the going is getting though" I am considering to do same.