2022 FIM MotoGP

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
johnny comelately

Re: 2022 FIM MotoGP

Andres125sx wrote:
26 Sep 2022, 08:22
Nice to see Marquez at the front again =D>

About Espargaro´s Aprilia... OMG, someone should be fired instantly! How can they throw away their title chanced this easily? #-o

johnny comelately wrote:
24 Sep 2022, 04:35
I'd like to be able to buy one of the Suzuki GSX-RRs after they finish
You have a great opportunity now, this should be a bargain :mrgreen:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/upl ... 791138.jpg
Ha ha, yes that is why I wished to buy it.
The damage will buff out :wink:

Andres125sx

etusch wrote:
26 Sep 2022, 11:44
Barcelona race.
I mean If someone will fire because he forgot bike in wrong mapping ( it is questionable why AE couldn't back the right mapping, isn't he know how to use his bike ? ) someone also can be fired who left racing before it finished.
You know better than Espargaro how to use the Aprilia? Because he said he cannot change it, it must be done with a computer

Any reason for you to defend Aprilia after such a HUGE mistake?

etusch

I am not defending aprilla or accusinng AE. Just saying mistakes happen. if you fire everyone who make mistake then finding stuff would be very hard.

aleks_ader

Its quite bonkers. Mistakes happen. But i would imagine teams would have some sort ticket systems in place if one procedure is out of place. That would be role of chief mechanic. Shame. Their bike is sexy beast and Aleix could grab nice points.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Andres125sx

There are mistakes, and mistakes

This was a rookie mistake no competition team should ever do, at any level, let alone MotoGP

But it also cost them the title, or at least the opportunity to fight for it. Aleix was 17 points down the leader before Motegi, and he could have fought for victory as he was very fast here. Add to that Quartararo only collected 8 points, and Bagnaia DNF, so he could be leading the table now, or at least under 10 points difference with the leader. Instead of that, he´s 25 points down

There are mistakes and mistakes, some mistakes are not tolerable, and ruining team chances to win a title due to a rookie mistake like this is one of them, fullstop.

The ammount of work, money, effort and time Aprilia invested to fight for a MotoGP title is massive, and they finally were in the title fight... for some emplyee to ruin it in seconds?

I wonder about people reaction if Yamaha make a mistake like this with Quartararo, Ducati with Bagnaia, or Honda with Marquez :? I´m sure we´d be reading all sort of comments, except the rider made a mistake in other race, so it´s not team fault if they dont win the title, or mistakes happen...

No, mistakes like this never happen on proffesional teams, I had never seen it before in 30 years at least, and it was extremelly costly

rscsr

Andres125sx wrote:
26 Sep 2022, 18:43
There are mistakes, and mistakes

This was a rookie mistake no competition team should ever do, at any level, let alone MotoGP

But it also cost them the title, or at least the opportunity to fight for it. Aleix was 17 points down the leader before Motegi, and he could have fought for victory as he was very fast here. Add to that Quartararo only collected 8 points, and Bagnaia DNF, so he could be leading the table now, or at least under 10 points difference with the leader. Instead of that, he´s 25 points down

There are mistakes and mistakes, some mistakes are not tolerable, and ruining team chances to win a title due to a rookie mistake like this is one of them, fullstop.

The ammount of work, money, effort and time Aprilia invested to fight for a MotoGP title is massive, and they finally were in the title fight... for some emplyee to ruin it in seconds?

I wonder about people reaction if Yamaha make a mistake like this with Quartararo, Ducati with Bagnaia, or Honda with Marquez :? I´m sure we´d be reading all sort of comments, except the rider made a mistake in other race, so it´s not team fault if they dont win the title, or mistakes happen...

No, mistakes like this never happen on proffesional teams, I had never seen it before in 30 years at least, and it was extremelly costly
Stuff like this happens all the time. It shouldn't, but it just does. Remember when Yamaha put the wrong tyre pressure in Quartararo's front tyre? Remember when some body work flies off, because no one fastened it? Or not enough fuel? Or when the dry ice box was left on Buttons car?
I think we should just be glad that MotoGP is so open that they are allowing us to know what went wrong and not just calling it an electrical defect.

Andres125sx

And people complained for all those mistakes, even when neither of them ruined anyone´s chances to fight for a title. But Aleix is none´s favourite, so people don´t care if the only chance to become WDC he will ever had in his life was ruined.

Curisous how people is so vocal with any micro-mistake or simply a poor strategic decision wich affect his favourite, but with such a huge mistake like this none complains, no comments. Actually if I didn´t mention it, there would not be a single comment about such a huge, embarrasing and costly mistake

Cuky

Andres125sx wrote:
26 Sep 2022, 11:43
ECU on eco-map which is used for saving fuel when the bike goes out of pitlane. Team forgot to change it before warm up lap. Rider cannot change it

Then soft tire on rear wheel instead of medium

#-o #-o #-o
I am 100% sure that not only Aprilia but every manufacturer will put some checks in place to make sure the possibility of leaving eco map on instead of normal operating one is as close to 0 as possible. That was a blunder and very public at that and they'll make sure it was the last time.

As for the wrong rear tire, that wasn't a mistake but actually an unfortunate circumstance. Medium rear was a preferred choice and Espargaro had only one new medium rear tire available which was installed on the original bike he meant to use in the race that was left on the wrong ECU map. The 2nd bike was in the pits equipped with soft rear tire as they didn't have more mediums available. And if I am not mistaken they aren't allowed to change tires between bikes in the race? But even if they are allowed, there just wasn't enough time to change tires between bikes or reprogram the ECU before the race started when he came into the pits.

Andres125sx

Thanks for the info about the rear tire cuky

johnny comelately

Rarely seen lambda product and config from the Suzuki team only a few minutes into the Bol d'Or 24 hour race.
Observations? (no. 4 and a separate ob)
Pity the bottom end didnt cooperate
Last edited by johnny comelately on 28 Sep 2022, 03:51, edited 2 times in total.

johnny comelately

The crash that started it all.
A TC setting error?

rscsr

johnny comelately wrote:
27 Sep 2022, 23:29
The crash that started it all.
A TC setting error?
I remember Crutchlow saying that he wanted full beans and the TC gave it to him. Nothing more.

johnny comelately

Young and Old, a fabulous exposition

johnny comelately

In 2023 the authoritarians will enforce the MotoGP’s minimum pressures of 1.9 bar (27.55psi) for front slicks and 1.7 bar (24.65psi) for rears by standardised sensors.
If anybody can give a rational explanation of necessity I would be interested, why make life more difficult?
https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/arti ... FY,6JSJ0,1

aleks_ader

Till there is standard and non exploitive reason to cheat sensors. I see no problem with that. Single tire supplier need data and arguably also protect its investment and public image.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna