2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

I think Lewis should have focused on undercutting or overcutting Sainz. Sometimes you just gotta ride it out... Bonno hasn't been that calmning these days. I would say he's gotten lazy.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Zynerji

chrisc90 wrote: ↑
02 Oct 2022, 17:28
PlatinumZealot wrote: ↑
02 Oct 2022, 17:26
I think Lewis should have focused on undercutting or overcutting Sainz. Sometimes you just gotta ride it out... Bonno hasn't been that calmning these days. I would say he's gotten lazy.
His days are over. Rookie mistakes and not really as good as some make out now he's in a midfield car.
I disagree. Hamilton's dealing with the loss of foundational, fundamental understanding of his car. 2022 might be a weak year, but his off-season prep for 2023 will be no joke.

PlatinumZealot

His days are over. Rookie mistakes and not really as good as some make out now he's in a midfield car.
So funny. Max made a more egregious mistake on dry tyres at that too. Max should retire then? Suree.... Smh.

CHT
CHT

The performance gap between RBR and Merc is very obvious. The moment Lewis lost it, Max just took it all in.
Not sure what goes wrong with Russel though. Wasnt he using a new PU? Or are they trying to preserve Russel PU for the remaining race?

Hammerfist

Most frustrating part of this race is that we never saw what kind of pace Lewis had because he never had clean air. Losing the position at the start really ruined his race. Then proceeds to make errors and only ends up with 2 pts. Awful race from Russell as well. Things could have been so different if Lewis nailed the lap in quali and started on pole. So a bad weekend for the team where huge points were left off the table.

ispano6

Not quite the implosion and meltdown that Mercedes has shown to do, but it would have been interesting to see the team give Hamilton the full wets and softs if that's what he wanted. Wolff is probably upset that they finished behind Max.

Big Tea

ispano6 wrote: ↑
02 Oct 2022, 17:55
Not quite the implosion and meltdown that Mercedes has shown to do, but it would have been interesting to see the team give Hamilton the full wets and softs if that's what he wanted. Wolff is probably upset that they finished behind Max.
It boils down to they not knowing the car. It probably has not been the same car 3 races running this year.
The only way to see if something works is to try it, and if it can not be tried in prac, what are you left with?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

CHT
CHT

Hammerfist wrote: ↑
02 Oct 2022, 17:43
Most frustrating part of this race is that we never saw what kind of pace Lewis had because he never had clean air. Losing the position at the start really ruined his race. Then proceeds to make errors and only ends up with 2 pts. Awful race from Russell as well. Things could have been so different if Lewis nailed the lap in quali and started on pole. So a bad weekend for the team where huge points were left off the table.
Lewis is simply not fast enough and that's why he couldn't get clean air.

PlatinumZealot

Race would have turned out differently if he started on the clean side. For sure.

CHT
CHT

02 Oct 2022, 18:23
Race would have turned out differently if he started on the clean side. For sure.
From the start, Lewis was already complaining that the team gave him the wrong tires because he has no grip with intermediate. Under such conditions, there is no way he is going to keep RBR and Ferrari behind him. Starting with wet tyres may gave him an advantage for 2 or 3 laps, but the moment intermediate warm up, he will be at least 1 sec slower.

RZS10

The discussion was about used/new inters, not wets.

CHT
CHT

RZS10 wrote: ↑
02 Oct 2022, 18:51
The discussion was about used/new inters, not wets.
The slick was also a problem for Lewis. They are all new I think.
Even with DRS, Lewis was struggling to pass Aston Martin

Mchamilton

Standard comment from you yet again. Almost as boring as that race.

ringo

Well after how many years on this forum? I think I am going to say goodbye. I have had lots of harassment from moderators for no apparent reason because of their bias.
I have had at least 4 uncalled for intimidations and repeated posts deleted in only 24hours.. because it is against the agenda of whoever is moderating or owns this forum. I guess the site has become quite political to some extent.
Other users have continued to discuss the same points I raise, as they are legitimate issues.
These mods are not able to say why they are deleting my posts.
I think the forum has changed a lot and it's best I seek elsewhere to discuss the sport with F-1 fans. :)
For Sure!!

basti313

Good idea.
Don`t russel the hamster!