2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
rickybobbyf1

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

ringo wrote:
02 Oct 2022, 20:56
Well after how many years on this forum? I think I am going to say goodbye. I have had lots of harassment from moderators for no apparent reason because of their bias.
I have had at least 4 uncalled for intimidations and repeated posts deleted in only 24hours.. because it is against the agenda of whoever is moderating or owns this forum. I guess the site has become quite political to some extent.
Other users have continued to discuss the same points I raise, as they are legitimate issues.
These mods are not able to say why they are deleting my posts.
I think the forum has changed a lot and it's best I seek elsewhere to discuss the sport with F-1 fans. :)
Very relevant, given the above posts…

mendis

ringo wrote:
Well after how many years on this forum? I think I am going to say goodbye. I have had lots of harassment from moderators for no apparent reason because of their bias.
I have had at least 4 uncalled for intimidations and repeated posts deleted in only 24hours.. because it is against the agenda of whoever is moderating or owns this forum. I guess the site has become quite political to some extent.
Other users have continued to discuss the same points I raise, as they are legitimate issues.
I think the forum has changed a lot and it's best I seek elsewhere to discuss the sport with F-1 fans. :)
Wisdom prevailed. Good bye.

Just_a_fan

mendis wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 18:15
ringo wrote:
Long standing members of this forum, many with high reputation indices, have left in the last 12 months because of the aggressive and unpleasant attitude of a number of relatively new members. That is not the prevailing of wisdom but an indication of a successful bullying campaign by a small group. The forum is a hollow remnant of what it used to be - it has become a driver/team fan site with much less technical discussion.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

mendis

Just_a_fan wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 19:57
mendis wrote:
ringo wrote:
Long standing members of this forum, many with high reputation indices, have left in the last 12 months because of the aggressive and unpleasant attitude of a number of relatively new members. That is not the prevailing of wisdom but an indication of a successful bullying campaign by a small group. The forum is a hollow remnant of what it used to be - it has become a driver/team fan site with much less technical discussion.
Does that really count?
At some point, You will find online engagement becomes pointless in a place where you have spent long. Duration differs to different people. You only find reasons to convince yourself to consciously quit, while subconsciously you would have quit a while ago having lost interest. I don't know how many people buy the reasoning you gave for folks quitting. Change is the only constant. There will always be new people who become endearing over time. There are upteen number of people that find this place interesting and a few lose interest over time, which is the case everywhere. Nobody misses those that are gone. That's the tradition of the world. It applies here too.
Hey, you are still hanging on. :lol:

hollus

Folks, if you want to continue discussing the site or its moderation, move it to a thread in the adequate subforum (Site announcements and support)? :arrow: viewforum.php?f=7
Mercedes stuff in this thread, thanks.
Rivals, not enemies.

PlatinumZealot

mendis wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 21:10
Just_a_fan wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 19:57
mendis wrote:
Does that really count?
At some point, You will find online engagement becomes pointless in a place where you have spent long. Duration differs to different people. You only find reasons to convince yourself to consciously quit, while subconsciously you would have quit a while ago having lost interest. I don't know how many people buy the reasoning you gave for folks quitting. Change is the only constant. There will always be new people who become endearing over time. There are upteen number of people that find this place interesting and a few lose interest over time, which is the case everywhere. Nobody misses those that are gone. That's the tradition of the world. It applies here too.
Hey, you are still hanging on. :lol:
He is correct. You werent around so you wouldn't know. The site was never like this but it degraded in the last four years or so.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

DGP123

Not sure if mentioned, but looks like Ricciardo to be reserve driver for Mercedes in 23’

101FlyingDutchman

DGP123 wrote:
05 Oct 2022, 11:24
Not sure if mentioned, but looks like Ricciardo to be reserve driver for Mercedes in 23’
Hmm 🤔 not sure that’s good for Merc. He’s not well known to have a massive in depth knowledge and understanding of the tech aspects of car setup. (And I have always rated him as a driver who’s sad to see him in the doldrums). Does the reserve driver role entail sim duties and car development or literally just “on call”?

chrisc90

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
05 Oct 2022, 12:12
DGP123 wrote:
Hmm 🤔 not sure that’s good for Merc. He’s not well known to have a massive in depth knowledge and understanding of the tech aspects of car setup. (And I have always rated him as a driver who’s sad to see him in the doldrums). Does the reserve driver role entail sim duties and car development or literally just “on call”?
That rumour might confirm de vries has signed elsewhere

Big Tea

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
05 Oct 2022, 12:12
DGP123 wrote:
Probably have as much PR work as driving, and he has a wealth of knowledge of how cars like the old Red Bull handle even if he does not know why.
He did get a better response out if it than Seb did.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

e30ernest

James sounds a bit angry, a bit sarcastic and a bit drunk. :D

DGP123

As expected today really, just losing so much time in S3. Hamilton really bossing Q over Russell now. Think that’s 8-2 to Lewis over the 10 races.

Hopefully Alonso doesn’t jump Lewis at the start tomorrow, otherwise it could be a long race.

DGP123 wrote:
08 Oct 2022, 10:56
As expected today really, just losing so much time in S3. Hamilton really bossing Q over Russell now. Think that’s 8-2 to Lewis over the 10 races.

Hopefully Alonso doesn’t jump Lewis at the start tomorrow, otherwise it could be a long race.
It’s closer to 10-0 if you cast a more critical eye at the quali sessions. Austria they crashed out but HAM was routinely setting purples and in Hungary HAM had a DRS failure; in both cases HAM looked quicker.

It’s been a good while since RUS has actually been faster on merit.
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

mendis

DGP123 wrote:
08 Oct 2022, 10:56

It helps if Russell can keep his mouth shut and work more. Lewis is continuing to prove his worth now that the car is more predictable. Russell would be counted out of the young top 4 if he keeps getting beaten so convincingly like this.

Mchamilton

How do you figure that? He's being beaten by Lewis Hamilton, and it's a 10th or 2 usually, I'd be surprised is Lando could do any better, Leclerc and Max would be a bit quicker I'd imagine but again not by much.