2022 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Andres125sx

Re: 2022 Alpine F1 Team

diffuser wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 17:25
Andres125sx wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 08:10
Another great race for Alonso wich finished with a DNF due to Alpine disastrous reliability... what a mess of a team
There are 5 teams that are more of a mess and still, by the end of the season, there could be 6. Lot of teams are a mess. Guess only 1 team isn't a mess ?
How many of those 5-6 teams are work teams like Alpine? None. Even McLaren, whose PU is not designed specifically for their car, is ahead of them

Mansell89
Mansell89

How could Alpine get themselves some reliability developments? Is it quite difficult to get agreement?

diffuser

Andres125sx wrote:
04 Oct 2022, 08:06
diffuser wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:
Another great race for Alonso wich finished with a DNF due to Alpine disastrous reliability... what a mess of a team
There are 5 teams that are more of a mess and still, by the end of the season, there could be 6. Lot of teams are a mess. Guess only 1 team isn't a mess ?
How many of those 5-6 teams are work teams like Alpine? None. Even McLaren, whose PU is not designed specifically for their car, is ahead of them
You're just lashing your frustration out into this forum.

What difference does that make. You know the reliability issues are caused because they released an all new PU this year. Sames as Ferrari...Guess which 2 PUs have the most problems?

They should have asked for an exemption (regs prevented changing the chassis for a new PU layout) and released it last year. They would have had fewer problems this year. It is what it is. Rossi was not happy with that decision either but it happened before his time. By the time he joined it was too late to change it. It was one of the reasons why the previous head of PU (Taffin) was let go.

Blackout

Andres125sx wrote:
diffuser wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:
Dumb comment.
Reliability problems were to be expected with Renault this year. Viry has 99 good reasons to have problems:
- only 1 team, so only 1 car in testing and only 2 in GP, --> so much less data than the others
- aggressive developpement that must prioritize performance,
- Viry do not have as many dynos and $$$ as the others
- a fully new PU that is more new than the 3 others.
--> so Alpine will need a bit more time to get reliablity fully under control. (probably more than 1 season, like the previous gen) And still, their PU is not the least reliable.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Blackout wrote:
04 Oct 2022, 16:06
Andres125sx wrote:
diffuser wrote:

Dumb comment.
Reliability problems were to be expected with Renault this year. Viry has 99 good reasons to have problems:
- only 1 team, so only 1 car in testing and only 2 in GP, --> so much less data than the others
--> so Alpine will need a bit more time to get reliablity fully under control. (probably more than 1 season, like the previous gen) And still, their PU is not the least reliable.
These largely read as excuses to me

1) Why is it that Renault have been pared down to only 1 engine supply?
2) Where was the performance in Monza?
3) Why does a manufacturer like Renault not have dynos and $$$$ like the others
4) Ferrari PU is fully new.
5) How many seasons will Renault need to pull it together? 2? 3? Don't the engine regs change again for '26?

How can they put together a plan that takes 2-3 seasons to come together for a PU which will be obsoleted in 3-4 seasons?

Of course I want this team to do well, but it's not clear to me that the bosses WANT to do well, as opposed to simply being represented on the grid. From the driver situation, to the engine situation, my feeling as of late is that Alpine are happy to be associated with F1 but won't commit the last 10% to actually hit the top.

Rossi said Alpine wants to be in contention for wins in 100 races. That's 4 years. The 2026 cars will be a new ruleset again. Where is the part where they are competing for wins in the current ruleset?

diffuser

AR3-GP wrote:
04 Oct 2022, 16:35
Blackout wrote:
04 Oct 2022, 16:06
Andres125sx wrote:

Dumb comment.
These largely read as excuses to me

1) Why is it that Renault have been pared down to only 1 engine supply?
2) Where was the performance in Monza?
3) Why does a manufacturer like Renault not have dynos and $$$$ like the others
4) Ferrari PU is fully new.
5) How many seasons will Renault need to pull it together? 2? 3? Don't the engine regs change again for '26?

How can they put together a plan that takes 2-3 seasons to come together for a PU which will be obsoleted in 3-4 seasons?

Of course I want this team to do well, but it's not clear to me that the bosses WANT to do well, as opposed to simply being represented on the grid. From the driver situation, to the engine situation, my feeling as of late is that Alpine are happy to be associated with F1 but won't commit the last 10% to actually hit the top.

Rossi said Alpine wants to be in contention for wins in 100 races. That's 4 years. The 2026 cars will be a new ruleset again. Where is the part where they are competing for wins in the current ruleset?
I think those are 2 different issues. The idea would be that every problem they have get's fixed and therefore doesn't repeat. So Each iteration of the PU gets better. Hopefull they can bring in a workaround for the issue from singapour for example.

I think the 2026 regs will be a big challenge for Renault. With the MGU-H disappearing and half the PU power coming through the MGU-K, Teams are gonna have to generate substantially more electricity from the MGU-K., Regenerative braking on the front wheels was block by many of the teams, so the MGU-K will be the sole way to charge the battery. We're gonna see stuff like the ICE continuing to rev (just to power the mgu-K) before braking. Not sure if the regs will allow it but if they do and you can generate significant more electricity under braking by the ICE powering the MGU-K, instead of regenerative braking, we may not even see full time regenerative braking on the back brakes either. That will lower the fuel efficiency but the goal is still to go around the track the fastest.

Think it was dumb from a technology perspective to have blocked front wheel regeneration but they didn't want to give Audi/Porsche an edge as they've been using it in some form of racing.

Andres125sx

diffuser wrote:
04 Oct 2022, 15:50
Andres125sx wrote:
diffuser wrote:

What difference does that make. You know the reliability issues are caused because they released an all new PU this year. Sames as Ferrari...Guess which 2 PUs have the most problems?

They should have asked for an exemption (regs prevented changing the chassis for a new PU layout) and released it last year. They would have had fewer problems this year. It is what it is. Rossi was not happy with that decision either but it happened before his time. By the time he joined it was too late to change it. It was one of the reasons why the previous head of PU (Taffin) was let go.

A painfull truth is better than a pleasant lie. Alpine is a works team like Mercedes, Ferrari and RBR, but instead of fighting for victories or podiums like them, they´re fighting for points. That is embarrasing for a works team, or should be, at least when the situation becomes normal for so many years, but looks like Alpine is happy in that spot, as AR3-GP stated

Their claims about a plan to be competitive in 2-3 seasons are just same load of BS they´ve been using as an excuse for so many years its become laughable at this point

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

One of the worst kept secrets in Formula 1 confirmed… Alpine has signed Gasly on a multi year contract

diffuser

Andres125sx wrote:
05 Oct 2022, 08:03
diffuser wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:

A painfull truth is better than a pleasant lie. Alpine is a works team like Mercedes, Ferrari and RBR, but instead of fighting for victories or podiums like them, they´re fighting for points. That is embarrasing for a works team, or should be, at least when the situation becomes normal for so many years, but looks like Alpine is happy in that spot, as AR3-GP stated

Their claims about a plan to be competitive in 2-3 seasons are just same load of BS they´ve been using as an excuse for so many years its become laughable at this point
I can imagine a press conference by Andres125sx if he was head of Alpine...It would go something like this..."We're never gonna win, not sure why we even bother, should have become a sculptor! Please let me leave so I can go home and slit my wrists!"

max_speed
max_speed

Andres125sx wrote:
diffuser wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:

I completly agree with you. Folks who keep making excuses are not going to win. In F1 to be a winner, you have to be ruthless. Look at redbull , only people ti beat mercedes , it takes everything $$, innovation , engine and politics. Even ferrari have not been to able to achieve it. It does not a rocket scientist to watch Alpine and figure out they are here to make up numbers and P3 is max they can achieve in next 5 years. I have more faith in Aston to push the envelope than Alpine to be honest. End of the day also look at leadership , They cant manage driver situation forget about leading the team into becoming race and championship winners. Cant wait to see how things feel apart next year with 2 french drivers in team.Trust me it will be too much entertainment.

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

what happened to Alonso in Q3, he did not improve in his last run. no coverage as usual. is any one know what happened. is he made a mistake.

diffuser

selvam_e2002 wrote:
08 Oct 2022, 09:08
what happened to Alonso in Q3, he did not improve in his last run. no coverage as usual. is any one know what happened. is he made a mistake.
F1 timing always says they have new tires but it isn't always true. In his last run he was slower in the first 2 sectors by .1 in each for total of .2. He was .03 faster in the 3ird sector. So I'm not sure if he made a mistake but if he hadnew tires, I'd say.

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

diffuser wrote:
08 Oct 2022, 09:17
selvam_e2002 wrote:
08 Oct 2022, 09:08
F1 timing always says they have new tires but it isn't always true. In his last run he was slower in the first 2 sectors by .1 in each for total of .2. He was .03 faster in the 3ird sector. So I'm not sure if he made a mistake but if he hadnew tires, I'd say.
Thanks for the information. we can assume that he used old tire for Q3 second run.

maxxer
maxxer

Isnt it in the rulebook to allow changes for reliability ? I thought this happened before at Ferrari and suddenly they went quicker. Or am i wrong

Andres125sx

diffuser wrote:
08 Oct 2022, 04:25
Andres125sx wrote:
diffuser wrote:

I can imagine a press conference by Andres125sx if he was head of Alpine...It would go something like this..."We're never gonna win, not sure why we even bother, should have become a sculptor! Please let me leave so I can go home and slit my wrists!"
If you mean that I would not lie to drivers and fans as current head of Alpine do, doing promises I know are false as the team will never invest the necessary amount to achieve the goals, then I agree :roll: