[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2022 (Grand Prix Cars)

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
LVDH

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2022 (Grand Prix Cars)

Guys, I am working on a re-wording of some rules. You are not making it very easy as you are spotting many things. Just please, keep one thing in mind, just because I did not flag something on your car, it is not magically legal forever. I could have missed something, or whatever... You might have gotten lucky. And right now, I think Matteo is right about the mirror struts, I will probably remove the requirement of concavity in X-direction.

LVDH

OK guys,
I have updated the rules and the CAD files.
The new CAD files are changed suspension parts, they are now designed by me. And all stl parts are remeshed and now scaled! The new parts lay the path to moving suspensions which we need for the rake simulations. Now, the next race is not far away. I think we should delay this feature until the following race.
In any case, have a look at the improved rules and parts and let me know what I did not catch this time.

LegendaryM

LVDH wrote:
10 Oct 2022, 14:37
OK guys,
The new CAD files are changed suspension parts, they are now designed by me. And all stl parts are remeshed and now scaled! The new parts lay the path to moving suspensions which we need for the rake simulations. Now, the next race is not far away. I think we should delay this feature until the following race.
In any case, have a look at the improved rules and parts and let me know what I did not catch this time.
Great, thanks for taking the time to do this! :)

What are the rule changes specifically? It doesn't look like they are highlighted on the webpage.

So, to be clear, we won't use these new parts and rules for the next race, we'll start using them for the one after?
MRVC: Tolo Racing

CAEdevice

LVDH wrote:
10 Oct 2022, 14:37
OK guys,
Thanks, is the rake the only rule that is going to be delayed after the next race (n°3)? Should we use the new geometry for the next race?

LVDH

LegendaryM wrote:
10 Oct 2022, 15:00
Cool, we have poeple with manners here, thank YOU!

LegendaryM wrote:
What are the rule changes specifically? It doesn't look like they are highlighted on the webpage.
Highlighted in baby-blue.

LegendaryM wrote:
So, to be clear, we won't use these new parts and rules for the next race, we'll start using them for the one after?
Yes, the new parts will be part of this race. I have only updated the suspension but I followed what we had very closely. Most people will not notice the difference. Also the parts are meshed with a new script in FreeCAD. So there is a chance that they will slightly affect performance.

variante

LegendaryM wrote:
Try another browser. Edge should do the trick. Firefox takes way longer to show the updates.

LegendaryM

LVDH wrote:
10 Oct 2022, 16:42
LegendaryM wrote:
Cool, we have poeple with manners here, thank YOU!

LegendaryM wrote:
Highlighted in baby-blue.

LegendaryM wrote:
Yes, the new parts will be part of this race. I have only updated the suspension but I followed what we had very closely. Most people will not notice the difference. Also the parts are meshed with a new script in FreeCAD. So there is a chance that they will slightly affect performance.

Ah yeah I can see now.

I've just looked, did you mean to delete the driveshaft from the rear suspension?
MRVC: Tolo Racing

CAEdevice

I have a doubts about the image in rule 9.6.

The third section (second in red, from the left) includes three sections, it is clearly not compliant. The second (first in red) is concave, bit it is single closed section. Why shouldn't it be compliant?

BlueCheetah66

CAEdevice wrote:
10 Oct 2022, 22:04

The third section (second in red, from the left) includes three sections, it is clearly not compliant. The second (first in red) is concave, bit it is single closed section. Why shouldn't it be compliant?
Yh, I would have thought that would be legal. I was even experimenting with a design that would have had a cross section similar

LVDH

LegendaryM wrote:
10 Oct 2022, 18:39
I've just looked, did you mean to delete the driveshaft from the rear suspension?
Kind of yes. I think the teams pretty much hid the drive shafts in all the suspension parts now, don't they?

CAEdevice wrote:
10 Oct 2022, 22:04

You are right. Somehow I thought the section should be convex, but that is not what the rules actually say. I will update the image.

CAEdevice

LVDH wrote:
11 Oct 2022, 21:17
You are right. Somehow I thought the section should be convex, but that is not what the rules actually say. I will update the image.
Thanks. Some kind of concavity could be reasonable, maybe a minimum concavity radius could be included into the rules, just to avoid small wings (or a minimum thickness).

yinlad

COTA email received, time to get busy finalising some changes 😂
MVRC - Panthera

BlueCheetah66

I'm quite excited for this one

TalnoRacing

I haven't received the COTA email yet. I reregistered on the site to make sure my email is on the mailing list.

LVDH

TalnoRacing wrote:
18 Oct 2022, 16:00
I haven't received the COTA email yet. I reregistered on the site to make sure my email is on the mailing list.
Yes, you are not registered. Maybe you never did or you somehow unsubscribed. Make sure to register once more. You will then receive the email next weekend.