Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
AR3-GP

Re: Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

PlatinumZealot wrote:
12 Oct 2022, 23:25
AR3-GP wrote:
12 Oct 2022, 18:56

I have no idea what you are on about but what I've explained and personally attest to experiencing is demonstrated in this video:
Huh lol wut?
At this point I'm not really sure what you are playing at. My point is that metastable phases like superheated water, or supersaturated vapour can exist in the real world. You previously denied that supersaturation would occur. You were shown a link and proven wrong. Then you questioned my post about observing superheated water, and I showed you another link and you were proven wrong.

Again, what are you playing at?

PlatinumZealot

AR3-GP wrote:
12 Oct 2022, 23:27
PlatinumZealot wrote:
12 Oct 2022, 23:25
AR3-GP wrote:
12 Oct 2022, 18:56

I have no idea what you are on about but what I've explained and personally attest to experiencing is demonstrated in this video:
Huh lol wut?
At this point I'm not really sure what you are playing at. My point is that metastable phases like superheated water, or supersaturated vapour can exist in the real world. You previously denied that supersaturation would occur. You were shown a link and proven wrong. Then you questioned my post about observing superheated water, and I showed you another link and you were proven wrong.

Again, what are you playing at?
Red Herrings mix with snake oil is what you're selling. Lol. But I will save you.

First you believed that the air at an F1 track can be supersaturated. Then you sorta proved your theory wrong with a link saying supersaturated air is only possible with very unusual, usually artificial circumstances by additional hydrophillic microparticles particles to the air under special conditions.

Now for super heated steam you show someone boiling water and shaking a pot. The water is lifted from the shaking to supposedly leave the boundary layer steam which is saturated, and this lack of water should force all the heat from the pot to go to the steam, superheating it. Well.... The thing is.. Ni measurements were done for the milliseconds of steam heating there. It's so short a time before the steam gets dried, and before tge water comes splashing back down.

A hint. It's easier to just catch the steam in a copper pipe and run the pipe over a heater. Thats enough timeto dry and superheat the steam.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Alexf1

Whatever happened to the ERS upgrade? Any other manufacurer that gave info? Only heard something about Ferrari having some ERS weight savings.

Jaisonas

Alexf1 wrote:
26 Nov 2022, 10:50
Whatever happened to the ERS upgrade? Any other manufacurer that gave info? Only heard something about Ferrari having some ERS weight savings.
Honda brought it in Spa didn't they?

AR3-GP

you don't see that everyday that's for sure.

lio007

AR3-GP wrote:
20 Dec 2022, 04:32
https://i.redd.it/3hd76dac8y6a1.jpg

What was it about? It's deleted now...

AR3-GP

lio007 wrote:
20 Dec 2022, 08:25
AR3-GP wrote:
20 Dec 2022, 04:32
https://i.redd.it/3hd76dac8y6a1.jpg

What was it about? It's deleted now...
Oh I see it's been deleted from the host. It was a picture of some used engine oil from Checo's Singapore GP victory.

etusch

I would like to see it

flexcon

Ok hear me out.

2022 - 2025 - Honda power supply for Redbull & Apha Tauri.
2024 - 2025 - Honda power supply for Sauber ( to get both Audi and Sauber ready to accommodate their split turbo)
2025 - n/a - Honda to buy out Apha Tauri for full works team
2026 - n/a - Honda to build engine at new factory at Redbull w/ join venture red bull powertrains.

etusch

If there are 100 options there for honda to choose a place to developing and producing their engines, 99 of them would be related with sakura and remained 1 will be decided after updating the factory tech level/capasity.
As redbull says, they have their factory and they can collaborate with honda only for ers, it is same for honda too. They already collaborate for electric vehicles with other brand for road car, but not for ice.

Cs98

flexcon wrote:
22 Dec 2022, 10:15
Ok hear me out.

2024 - 2025 - Honda power supply for Sauber ( to get both Audi and Sauber ready to accommodate their split turbo)
2026 - n/a - Honda to build engine at new factory at Redbull w/ join venture red bull powertrains.
Why would RB sell AT to Honda? It’s too valuable an asset in terms of an engine partner and junior team. If there are no synergies for RB they won’t sell.

flexcon

Cs98 wrote:
22 Dec 2022, 10:59
flexcon wrote:
Ok hear me out.

Why would RB sell AT to Honda? It’s too valuable an asset in terms of an engine partner and junior team. If there are no synergies for RB they won’t sell.
Im getting this from the rumours that the new change of ownership at red bull would like to sell if the price is right. F1 has so many precedents for this. Also, I think if it is true Redbull are no longer fully interested in having a Honda engine, or collaborating - then Honda is left with supplying a 2nd rate team. The desire to take faith of their own destiny will surely kick in at this point.

AR3-GP

flexcon wrote:
23 Dec 2022, 14:25
Cs98 wrote:
flexcon wrote:
Ok hear me out.

Im getting this from the rumours that the new change of ownership at red bull would like to sell if the price is right. F1 has so many precedents for this. Also, I think if it is true Redbull are no longer fully interested in having a Honda engine, or collaborating - then Honda is left with supplying a 2nd rate team. The desire to take faith of their own destiny will surely kick in at this point.
Doesn't make sense because RBPT will find it more difficult to develop their engine with only one team using it.

Look at Alpine. They would have discovered their problems in pre-season if they had another team and twice the mileage.

saviour stivala

''Alpine top engine man - Bruno''. The drive for performance means the design is signed-off as late as possible, but this also means that validation period is short which results in component reliability being unknown. In short like FERRARI did they went into the season with some component reliability unknown, not only testing time was not enough added running time to validate shortcomings, but even the whole season wasn't. And we are here talking about only two components - (water pump and fuel pump). Alpine power unit components shortcomings showed-up before those of FERRARI after start of season, and the fix needed was such that it could not be fixed/righted while still racing during the season.

Cs98

flexcon wrote:
23 Dec 2022, 14:25
Cs98 wrote:
flexcon wrote:
Ok hear me out.

Marko denied those rumours recently and professed it made no sense for RB to sell AT unless they got some kind of synergy with the buyer. That wouldn't be the case if Honda is a standalone engine project instead of a partner.