2022 FIM MotoGP

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Cuky

Re: 2022 FIM MotoGP

Honda is the latest manufacturer to show up with rear wings

But that is not all:
A comparison between the Honda's standard aero set-up and the new aero they've unveiled in Australia this morning 👇
You can see the new wings at the front as well as the updated air intake and overall front fairing shape
There's also the redesigned side fairings which have a much more aggressive cutback at the top where the Repsol wording is. You can also see below them the huge new downwash ducts
At the back, you can see the new Kalex swingarm again and above that the last new thing is the Stegosaurus aero that sits on top of the tail unit
Lots of updates from Honda today 👏
#AustralianGP 🇦🇺 #MotoGPTech

Old config for comparison

etusch

New fairing design looks very different. I have my own scale of calculating a car's/bike's performance which based on that thinking; if underperforming driver/rider perform good at somewhere, the bike/car will perform there good, so honda seems to me good for now.

Cuky

I know it is not scientific but I like the looks of new Honda package, especially the front part around the air intake. On older version it looked like someone smashed it in with a brick and it looks so weird from most angles

xaero

Q2 is progress. Unbelievable save by Marc :o
We need a miracle. We need only one racing lap.

etusch

He got p2. I wonder what he will do at race.
By the way, in slow motion, ducati was looking just going in the line while MM power sliding in that turn. It was an interesting scene.

johnny comelately

Qualifying Phillip Island

They did not get the Yamahas sorted, Fabio was bouncing in the seat from the rear onboards!
They have got the Hondas stable....except when Marc had a front tuck under which sent him onto the grass on the inside WOW. The rest were as usual
The other fascinating thing is the 9 PSI drop, read that right DROP in front pressures from lack of braking and cold ambient,and running the smaller discs with full covers. Jack yesterday was talking about changing the swingarm pivot centre (dropping I am thinking) to reduce the travel to stop the jacking (sorry about that) and increase the chain effect for better drive

johnny comelately

Any ideas why Marc Marquez fell off at cruising speed in the warm up?

johnny comelately

Half the wheels, four times the fun, grid chix, beat this 1
Chris Vermeulen and Jorge Lorenzo on microphones

johnny comelately

What a race, what a race, what a race !

etusch

Oooh it was really good race. wonderfull

xaero

johnny comelately wrote:
16 Oct 2022, 05:48
What a race, what a race, what a race !
Seriously outstanding race. Gutted for Fabio though :(. Awesome race by Marc.. He is almost there (pre-crash form) now.
We need a miracle. We need only one racing lap.

etusch

Suzuki was outstanding at most of turns and Honda was very close to them there. Ducati was good some other longer turns and of cours at straight.

mendis

Michelin is the Pirelli of MotoGP in a bad sense. They are destroying the show. The first 18 to 20 laps is just to burn fuel. Race happens only in the last 6 or 7 laps. It's getting worse every year now. This crazy need for baby sitting the tyres is taking away the joy of seeing riders going full throttle.

No doubt Marc is getting there, but his gamble to go on softs paid off because for most part, no one was pushing and he could happily sit with them.

johnny comelately

etusch wrote:
16 Oct 2022, 08:49
Suzuki was outstanding at most of turns and Honda was very close to them there. Ducati was good some other longer turns and of cours at straight.
Yes the Suzukis have very good midrange and Rins used it perfectly

McL-H

Awesome race.