2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
hollus

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

The incipient discussion about to read or not to read (long forum posts) has been moved:
:arrow: viewtopic.php?p=1094771#p1094771
Rivals, not enemies.

Wouter

Max celebrating his WDC 2022 last night in Monaco with DJ Lando and friends before heading to Austin. :D

The Power of Dreams!

chrisc90

Awesome. Such a bond between Lando and Max.

Guess Lando will be getting some DJ lessons off Martin Garrix since Martin and Max are best buddies.

PlatinumZealot

Congratulations Adrian. Er.. I mean Max! Congraulations to Max for 2WDC. Looked easy but no championship is. What impressed me was he did it it with a greater level of calmness and control behind the wheel than he did last time out. Certainly he's getting more complete as a driver. Don't be surprised if he at least 5WDC in the coming years.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Wouter

Max his helmet for the US GP.

Image.....Image

Image.....Image
The Power of Dreams!

mendis

chrisc90 wrote:
16 Oct 2022, 11:56
Does the Japanese monster still work well at the higher altitudes?
If their peak grunt is coming from ERS system, then it might just work as it has unless someone tell me that their turbo design has changed since previous years and they have similar issues of turbo spinning as other manufacturers. Renault used to have more efficient turbo in that regard that helped Red Bull in pre Honda era. Last year, Mercedes was a surprise on high altitude tracks like Mexico and Brazil last year. But this year, they have been lagging behind overall, so I don't expect that PU to stand out.

Is the ongoing cost saga going to affect the way Red Bull are going to operate for the remaining races? If they have gone with their spend with the same understanding of regulations like last year, they might have reached the limit already. If they reduce the operational expenditure, this might affect how they would run the next set of races.

Alexf1

mendis wrote:
18 Oct 2022, 16:50
chrisc90 wrote:
16 Oct 2022, 11:56
Does the Japanese monster still work well at the higher altitudes?
If their peak grunt is coming from ERS system, then it might just work as it has unless someone tell me that their turbo design has changed since previous years and they have similar issues of turbo spinning as other manufacturers. Renault used to have more efficient turbo in that regard that helped Red Bull in pre Honda era. Last year, Mercedes was a surprise on high altitude tracks like Mexico and Brazil last year. But this year, they have been lagging behind overall, so I don't expect that PU to stand out.

Is the ongoing cost saga going to affect the way Red Bull are going to operate for the remaining races? If they have gone with their spend with the same understanding of regulations like last year, they might have reached the limit already. If they reduce the operational expenditure, this might affect how they would run the next set of races.
Looking after the summer break how they let no floor be waisted (Perez continued using the cut away floor Max used in France for a few more races) and postponing the lightweight chassis to 2023 I think they were already preparing to save a few €..

ispano6

They do get 3.1% extra thanks to the inflation adjustment. They only need to make sure Checo finishes 2nd and secure the championship. The remaining budget should be used toward contingencies and restructuring the team into non costcap involving entities that can still benefit the team. RB17b and the like.

Wouter

Max yesterday at the Oracle event in The Forum in Las Vegas.
Oracle CloudWorld will take place in Las Vegas. October 17 – 20, 2022

Oracle CloudWorld brings together industry leaders from IT administrators to business professionals to explore and
the latest technical innovations from Oracle Cloud product development teams.

Oracle CloudWorld will be hosted at the Caesars Forum, a $375 million, 550,000 square-foot state-of-the-art conference facility,
off the Vegas Strip and The Venetian in Las Vegas.

The Power of Dreams!

organic

No presents for Sergio Perez
In addition, the constructors' championship has yet to be bought in. Verstappen: “That's what we're going for now. We don't need many points for that anymore. We are trying to bring it in here.” The battle for second place in the drivers' championship is still open. Between Sergio Perez and Charles Leclercis only one point, in favor of the Mexican. However, Verstappen is not going to give any victories to his teammate. “He knows what he has to do to be second in the standings. He just has to keep finishing in front of Charles. As a team, of course, we always try to finish first and second, but as a driver I would like to win more races," said Verstappen. If it happens next week in Mexico that Verstappen takes the lead with one lap to go and Perez is second, then there is no doubt about how the race will end for the Limburger: "Then I will win."
That settles that - no presents

https://nl.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferna ... /10387167/

BlueCheetah66

That huge rear wing feels weird at a track like COTA but it looks kinda nice.

organic

So the rumours were true for Perez. Not surprising and with how good overtaking is here, hopefully it won't be the end of the world

organic

Max has swapped onto the medium downforce wing for fp1. Not too surprising given it was also used at Zandvoort

chrisc90

Looking good for another Max win then :D

organic

Max struggled with understeer in low speed after team made adjustments in fp1. So bad max suggested there must be something wrong with the car