2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SiLo

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Sieper wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 13:32
hollus wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 07:14
wh00sher wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 08:49
From the on boards yesterday the front tyre brows on the Red Bull seem to flex and lift away from the tyre at high speed, it seemed like more than others.

Is this by design? If so, how is it allowed to flex, aren't these things supposed to be static (within the limits of the construction obviously)?
Wasn’t it only Max’s left? It appear damaged. If it was all of them, please report back, I’d love to have a good look at it.
I’ve only watched the live feed but to me it clearly was damaged. Left hand side indeed.

Parts flapping in the wind can imho never be a benefit that you would try to engineer. In cycling if you prevent that at all costs. And we go like 40kmh while drag is exponential with increased speed.
I thought he was going to get meatballed when I saw that flapping about, especially as its almost in line with the driver so could potentially be quite dangerous.
Felipe Baby!

gandharva

The deflector broke off exactly when Max pulled out of the slipstream to overtake Hamilton

Jaisonas
Jaisonas

Wazari wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 06:44
Mr. Dietrich Mateschitz may you rest in peace. So glad I've had the pleasure of meeting you. A kind soul.

Congratulations to RBR for the WCC. I am pleased and happy. Nice to see everyone's hard work being recognized.
Thank you for your contributions Wazari-san! Let's hope for an even bigger Honda logo next year on the cars and overalls!

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Jaisonas wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 15:45
Wazari wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 06:44
Mr. Dietrich Mateschitz may you rest in peace. So glad I've had the pleasure of meeting you. A kind soul.

Congratulations to RBR for the WCC. I am pleased and happy. Nice to see everyone's hard work being recognized.
Thank you for your contributions Wazari-san! Let's hope for an even bigger Honda logo next year on the cars and overalls!
Yep, definetly need Honda back on the rear wing, but it might be difficult because they sold off the sponsor space to Bybit.

a1b2i3r45

gandharva wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 15:23
The deflector broke off exactly when Max pulled out of the slipstream to overtake Hamilton

https://i.imgur.com/tnS7o6E.png

https://i.imgur.com/pqavCCf.png
Why didn’t Max and RB get a penalty for a loose body part like the alpine? Is it because no one complained about it?

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

SiLo wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 14:13
Sieper wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 13:32
hollus wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 07:14

Wasn’t it only Max’s left? It appear damaged. If it was all of them, please report back, I’d love to have a good look at it.
I’ve only watched the live feed but to me it clearly was damaged. Left hand side indeed.

Parts flapping in the wind can imho never be a benefit that you would try to engineer. In cycling if you prevent that at all costs. And we go like 40kmh while drag is exponential with increased speed.
I thought he was going to get meatballed when I saw that flapping about, especially as its almost in line with the driver so could potentially be quite dangerous.
I also thought that might bring them some grief....but fortunately Mercedes was too preoccupied with the track limits to notice. I'm sure they would have been on the buzzer if they had noticed it.

PlatinumZealot

The part was in no danger of breaking off. It was just flapping around as we've seen it do on other cars many times before.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

Wouter

Red Bull México@redbullMEX
Hola Guadalajara! Are you ready?

Today Perez did a Red Bull Showrun in his hometown Guadalajara!!

The Power of Dreams!

Wazari

Jaisonas wrote:
No need to thank me. I was one of many who took an underpowered, unreliable PU and transformed it into the PU it is currently with about a 10.5 kW advantage over its competitors. As far as the logo, most people know what's under the engine cover regardless what may be on it.
“If Honda does not race, there is no Honda.”

“Success represents the 1% of your work which results from the 99% that is called failure.”

-- Honda Soichiro

johnny comelately
johnny comelately

Wazari wrote:
26 Oct 2022, 00:58
Jaisonas wrote:
No need to thank me. I was one of many who took an underpowered, unreliable PU and transformed it into the PU it is currently with about a 10.5 kW advantage over its competitors. As far as the logo, most people know what's under the engine cover regardless what may be on it.
There is more pro rata difference in the mid range, no?
Either way it is a job well done.

lio007

Wazari wrote:
Jaisonas wrote:
It is so impressive and remarkable what this PU has turned into. You can be really proud to be part of the success! Without the power and reliability no championship would have been possible. So a big shout out to you and your collueges at Honda to make it work!

ispano6

gandharva wrote:

Indeed, I had been studying the footage after the race to see when it came loose and it seemed to snap off immediately after coming out of the W13's slipstream tunnel. Might the W13 be generating some type of dirty outwash that caused it? I'm curious to see how other cars have been affected as well to see if this is a design flaw in the brow that is supplied to all teams.

etusch

ispano6 wrote:
26 Oct 2022, 08:36
gandharva wrote:

Indeed, I had been studying the footage after the race to see when it came loose and it seemed to snap off immediately after coming out of the W13's slipstream tunnel. Might the W13 be generating some type of dirty outwash that caused it? I'm curious to see how other cars have been affected as well to see if this is a design flaw in the brow that is supplied to all teams.

LM10
LM10

Wazari wrote:
Jaisonas wrote:
It's interesting you say that the Honda PU has an advantage of 10.5 kW over it's competitors. Not only because there's even a decimal digit in it - indicating it was an accurate approach of whatever analysis was done - but also because in this season in the media and the paddock there have always been signs and claims of the Ferrari PU being the most powerful now, slightly ahead of RedBull in second place.
So as you're an insider, may I ask for your opinion on that discrepancy? Can we look at your claim as reliable? Are you convinced of this figure being accurate?

djos

From my observations, the HRC PU also seems to make its peak power for more of the PU’s life. This seemed to be the case last year too,
"In downforce we trust"