2021 Cost Cap Rumours and Speculation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
mwillems

Re: 2021 Cost Cap Rumours and Speculation

mendis wrote:
04 Nov 2022, 17:50
mwillems wrote:
04 Nov 2022, 17:05
mendis wrote:
04 Nov 2022, 17:01
Once again, missing the point by miles. Exact same thing the other poster did.
No I have a different opinion, I appreciate yours and I'm telling you mine.

Horner invites and fuels that toxic press both directly and indirectly.
If he doesn't like the polarising attitude towards his team, stop making his team have a polarising voice towards everyone else, one that clearly enjoys belittling and petty remarks.

Interestingly I decided to have a google about Horner and his pettiness and it isn't an English media thing, it seems like it is generally viewed the same around many of the worlds media, that he will almost never resist a dig.
I am not out here to defend Horner. But let me tell you a big difference. Horner is a Red Bull employee, his actions and work is all for Red Bull. The personnel in media are expected to be responsible, neutral and impartial as they are required to present the news of ongoing, not use the medium to air their personal, polarizing opinions that can have serious consequences to innocent people that work in a place like Red Bull. When irresponsible people in media starts riling up fans to resort to aggressive actions, one can't hold Horner responsible for such media behavior. Anyone in the media that is personally invested against a team and airs such personal opinions using their professional platform, should be terminated.
I just think everyone defends their team, this kind of atmosphere only exists around the RB team and their interactions with other teams as I think they take it to a much higher level.

And RB is the only team I feel like this about. I've long past moved by Ferrari's engine shenanigans and I respect their team very much and like Binotto, I think the way he handles himself is excellent.

Wolf is not in the same class, Zak is possibly only a little bit below in my opinion, but Horner comes across as a bit of a petty peddler of BS. That's not to say he isn't right at times or doesn't have a point, it's the way he does it the bothers me.

I didn't have this issue when they were winning with Seb, I started to develop it over time from the Renault debacle. Just seeming them in the middle of the petty and malicious digs all the time since then, it has worn me down.
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

mendis

Mosin123 wrote:
04 Nov 2022, 19:13
mendis wrote:
mwillems wrote:
04 Nov 2022, 17:05

No I have a different opinion, I appreciate yours and I'm telling you mine.

Horner invites and fuels that toxic press both directly and indirectly.
If he doesn't like the polarising attitude towards his team, stop making his team have a polarising voice towards everyone else, one that clearly enjoys belittling and petty remarks.

Interestingly I decided to have a google about Horner and his pettiness and it isn't an English media thing, it seems like it is generally viewed the same around many of the worlds media, that he will almost never resist a dig.
I am not out here to defend Horner. But let me tell you a big difference. Horner is a Red Bull employee, his actions and work is all for Red Bull. The personnel in media are expected to be responsible, neutral and impartial as they are required to present the news of ongoing, not use the medium to air their personal, polarizing opinions that can have serious consequences to innocent people that work in a place like Red Bull. When irresponsible people in media starts riling up fans to resort to aggressive actions, one can't hold Horner responsible for such media behavior. Anyone in the media that is personally invested against a team and airs such personal opinions using their professional platform, should be terminated.
You do know a Pundit is employed to give his / her opinion not report the news on sky news right? Ted is not employed as a reporter, he is a sky sports pundit. They are two different media roles.
https://uk.linkedin.com/in/ted-kravitz-3634072a

Experience
Reporter
Sky
Jan 2012 - Present10 years 11 months

Wouter

mendis wrote:
04 Nov 2022, 21:15
Mosin123 wrote:
04 Nov 2022, 19:13
mendis wrote:
You do know a Pundit is employed to give his / her opinion not report the news on sky news right? Ted is not employed as a reporter, he is a sky sports pundit. They are two different media roles.
https://uk.linkedin.com/in/ted-kravitz-3634072a

Experience
Reporter
Sky
Jan 2012 - Present10 years 11 months
Reporter
BBC Jan. 2009 - Jan. 2012 · 3 years 1 month

Reporter
ITV Feb. 2001 - Dec. 2008 · 7 years 11 months

Ted Kravitz always was a reporter.
The Power of Dreams!