2022 FIM MotoGP

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
etusch

Re: 2022 FIM MotoGP

Cuky wrote:
05 Nov 2022, 08:08
McL-H wrote:
04 Nov 2022, 20:57
I hope Bagnaia will win it as he has been much more consistent this year than Fabio has been. In my opinion Bagnaia would be a more than deserved winner. And so would Ducati be.
I agree on the part that Ducati would be a deserved winner. But I can't agree on Bagnaia. Due to the fact that he is on brutally dominant bike that even rookies rode to pole positions and fights for top 3 places he should have wrapped this championship a long time ago. But he was super incosistent in the first part of the season, made a lot of errors (5 DNFs from crashes for example) and it dragged all the way to the Valencia.

Also, Ducati putting all of their might behind him, publicly scolding their own riders for battling against him is what will probably leave a bad taste not so much on Bagnaia as on a sport itself. Ducati has so many bikes (that are the fastest on the grid) to throw between their lead rider(s) and yet were unable to wrap the championship up ahead of a rider on arguably the 2nd slowest bike there is
Agreed. Ducati made best bike over there with quite a big margine. They don't have to risk anything for an overtake. Just open throttle an overtake in safe. But he is almost not able to be champion maybe he can not be champion at the end. we still don't know. He said that he can get it without help but last two race other ducati riders let him to be better positions.

McL-H

Cuky wrote:
05 Nov 2022, 08:08
McL-H wrote:
04 Nov 2022, 20:57
I hope Bagnaia will win it as he has been much more consistent this year than Fabio has been. In my opinion Bagnaia would be a more than deserved winner. And so would Ducati be.
I agree on the part that Ducati would be a deserved winner. But I can't agree on Bagnaia. Due to the fact that he is on brutally dominant bike that even rookies rode to pole positions and fights for top 3 places he should have wrapped this championship a long time ago. But he was super incosistent in the first part of the season, made a lot of errors (5 DNFs from crashes for example) and it dragged all the way to the Valencia.

Also, Ducati putting all of their might behind him, publicly scolding their own riders for battling against him is what will probably leave a bad taste not so much on Bagnaia as on a sport itself. Ducati has so many bikes (that are the fastest on the grid) to throw between their lead rider(s) and yet were unable to wrap the championship up ahead of a rider on arguably the 2nd slowest bike there is
You are right about Bagnaia’s first half of the season, but since the fight has gotten serious, he really stepped up and took down Fabio’s championship lead driving very consistent, while Fabio got involved in crashes and seemed to be satisfied with P5-P6’s to claim the title. He is not having a good second half of the season, even though the Yamaha has an HP deficit (which they have had compared to Ducati for years now). It is further proven by Marquez returning after long injury on an awful Honda bike, being consistently in front of Fabio these last races. What has Fabio been doing?

I don’t attach much value to the 2021 and 2022 championships anyway, as with Supermarc having been absent these years, competition got devalued a lot. But I think Bagnaia and Ducati proved they deserve it more this year. And I agree that manufacturer orders are not good for MotoGP. The way Bezzecchi got involved in Australia (as a friend to Bagnaia) I do not like to see. But that is not new to MotoGP, as Marquez did it to Lorenzo too, blocking and outrageously holding up VR46 to help Lorenzo become champion in 2015.

johnny comelately

FP3 Valencia
33 ! on the new chassis, it works

Bagnaia has dialed in more TC but maybe too much
Fabio Q was on the limit of the Yamaha and not so quick

Hondas could have stayed home

Cuky

McL-H wrote:
05 Nov 2022, 10:39
while Fabio got involved in crashes and seemed to be satisfied with P5-P6’s to claim the title.

Well that is the problem. Those crashes came from him having to ride like he is in qualifying for the whole race just to keep himself anywhere near Ducatis in hope that if they make a mistake he'll be close enough to get ahead. And he wasn't satisfied with P5-P6 finishes, he just couldn't get any more than that with tools he has been given.

etusch

Cuky wrote:
05 Nov 2022, 15:08
McL-H wrote:
while Fabio got involved in crashes and seemed to be satisfied with P5-P6’s to claim the title.

Well that is the problem. Those crashes came from him having to ride like he is in qualifying for the whole race just to keep himself anywhere near Ducatis in hope that if they make a mistake he'll be close enough to get ahead. And he wasn't satisfied with P5-P6 finishes, he just couldn't get any more than that with tools he has been given.
When I look Bagnaia 's year he could not be involved in wdc with same conddition with Fabio.
For me fabio is like mm stoner rossi. If Yamaha can give him a good bike he can show us great races

johnny comelately

Welcome to Formula Setup/ Formula Confidence

Most bikes had very steep rakes and pressures appeared to be up (Valencia specific?)

Bagnaia overriding =nowhere
Quartararo at the limit with the power of the Yamaha
Bastianini fighting for the win lately and nowhere today
Magic Marc Marquez gets second on the grid with .....just Marc and no help from his donkey bike.
George Martin got all his ducks lined up and produced pole.
Aussie Jack the usual brilliant self but fell off, does this bode well for the race

johnny comelately

Valencia FP4
Hard front, medium rear
As a machine the KTMs have good potential from this and qualifying
And where are the Aprilias here

etusch

I have a feeling that bagnaia can not handle the pressure. I just wonder if Fabio wil be able to win or not.

Andres125sx

McL-H wrote:
The way Bezzecchi got involved in Australia (as a friend to Bagnaia) I do not like to see. But that is not new to MotoGP, as Marquez did it to Lorenzo too, blocking and outrageously holding up VR46 to help Lorenzo become champion in 2015.
OMG, are you really repeating that load of BS again???? :wtf: #-o

Marquez and Lorenzo have NEVER been friends, more of the opposite, they dislike each other since they were kids (completely different personalities). OTOH Rossi has always been Marquez idol, so claiming Marquez blocked Rossi to help Lorenzo is so laughable it´s really amazing to read people repeating this BS so long after.

That was just Rossi excuse to justify his kick, as he had no excuse at all to justify that unsportive action and he had to justify himself some way... that absurdity was the only thing he could invent, but looks like people only need to look at the pasport to assume it was true, even if all evidences point to the opposite :roll: #-o ](*,)

mendis

Andres125sx wrote:
06 Nov 2022, 12:16
McL-H wrote:
The way Bezzecchi got involved in Australia (as a friend to Bagnaia) I do not like to see. But that is not new to MotoGP, as Marquez did it to Lorenzo too, blocking and outrageously holding up VR46 to help Lorenzo become champion in 2015.

Marquez and Lorenzo have NEVER been friends, more of the opposite, they dislike each other since they were kids (completely different personalities). OTOH Rossi has always been Marquez idol, so claiming Marquez blocked Rossi to help Lorenzo is so laughable it´s really amazing to read people repeating this BS so long after.

That was just Rossi excuse to justify his kick, as he had no excuse at all to justify that unsportive action and he had to justify himself some way... that absurdity was the only thing he could invent, but looks like people only need to look at the pasport to assume it was true, even if all evidences point to the opposite :roll: #-o ](*,)
Marc did cost a title to Rossi. It was Rossi's fault when he outraged Marc the way he was making comments about him and moreso the Assen incident at the last corner. It lead to Marc becoming a thorn and in Malaysia, Marc was driving Rossi crazy and then the incident occurred. Ideally, Rossi should have been black flagged there, but the FIM were p***ies as it would have killed the championship. Marc became more determined to cause further damage to Rossi and the last race of the season was a classic show of Marc rear gunning Jorge. Poor Dani, he had no Idea what Marc was planning. I quite enjoyed that Villain Marc. :D
Sadly, it was the last ever opportunity for Rossi for a title fight. But he got a good taste of outraging Marc. But it had nothing to do with Jorge being a friend of Marc.

McL-H

Andres125sx wrote:
McL-H wrote:

I’m not stating Marquez and Lorenzo were friends. I said Marquez actively helped Lorenzo become champion by blocking and holding up VR46 and it is the truth. Whether you like it or not.

xaero

McL-H wrote:
06 Nov 2022, 14:45
Andres125sx wrote:
McL-H wrote:

I’m not stating Marquez and Lorenzo were friends. I said Marquez actively helped Lorenzo become champion by blocking and holding up VR46 and it is the truth. Whether you like it or not.
Marc didn't block anyone in any race except in Malaysian GP where he gave the loudmouth rossi dose of his own medicine. When you talk --- about a rider of Marc's caliber thinking mind games will work on him like previous weak opponents, it is guaranteed that it will come back to bite your a**.
We need a miracle. We need only one racing lap.

johnny comelately

Valencia
Race
The first 6 laps were some of the best racing
Rins and his Suzuki were flawless
That KTM is showing the Red Bull F1 input influence, amazing chassis with the big heart of Brad Binder piloting it.
Georgie Martin did a journeymans job but somehow could have done better.

AMG.Tzan

xaero wrote:
06 Nov 2022, 15:40
McL-H wrote:
06 Nov 2022, 14:45
Andres125sx wrote:

Marc didn't block anyone in any race except in Malaysian GP where he gave the loudmouth rossi dose of his own medicine. When you talk --- about a rider of Marc's caliber thinking mind games will work on him like previous weak opponents, it is guaranteed that it will come back to bite your a**.
"Marquez helped Lorenzo win the 2015 Championship" :lol:

Can't believe I'm still reading this BS! But what do you expect when even seasoned pundits and reporters (old fanboys of Rossi) have been saying the same outrageous thing for years!

Wanna know what really happened there?? Exactly what "xaero" said! Rossi thought that accusing Marc of riding against him in Phillip Island to slow him down and help Lorenzo (where Marquez took the win on the last lap at the last corner) would get into Marquez's and Lorenzo's minds!

But guess what! Rossi never had such fast, hardcore and mentally strong opponents as Lorenzo and Marquez! Even Stoner was so prone to mind games by Rossi and the others that he bailed out early and even lost some championships because of that I would say (2008-2009)! I always laugh whenever I hear people say "Stoner would beat Marquez"

So Marquez apparently thought "alright you wanna play mind games?? let's play mind games" Guess what happened next year (2016)! Rossi vs Marquez for the championship 1v1! Guess who won... :wink:

No one has ever managed to beat Marquez 1v1 throughout a season! Nor has anyone managed to break this man's mentality! Even his own crashes and surgeries haven't got him down to his knees!

The only thing keeping Marquez from bleaching the whole field of mediocre and mentally weak riders, is his mediocre and weak bike! Look at Quatararo's and Bagnaia's mistakes all year long whenever they're under pressure! Bagnaia is nowhere whenever pressure is high! Not to mention Mir...

Marquez would have been a 9-time MotoGP champion had it not been for Jerez 2020!
The guy is just an alien...
Last edited by AMG.Tzan on 06 Nov 2022, 19:04, edited 1 time in total.
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

etusch

It was not the race I was expected to watch. at least there could be a battle to be winner of race. But the result was very obivous after a few laps. So there was no exitement.
Ktm's new chassis looked working well. But they are fast at some kind of tracks. I am not sure if their speed is because of track or because of chassis.
Suzuki ? I am speachless

Congratulation for Ducati. They build so good bike that Bagnaia got forced to be champion by it's speed.