Wow, mods are one sided

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
chrisc90

Re: Wow, mods are one sided

MadMax wrote:
06 Nov 2022, 18:56
Interesting to see the cost cap thread locked just after a couple of RBR fans have posted a dig at Ted Kravitz.

Art imitates life.
that is a bit off topic tbh.

MadMax

Yeah, funny that.

chrisc90

A tidy up would have been better IMHO.

MadMax

Agreed.

hollus

Seriously, what is your point?
If it is closed after Mercedes fans posted last, we are silencing them (real complaint).
If it is closed after Red Bull fans make the last posts, we are giving them the last word (see above).
Rivals, not enemies.

chrisc90

hollus wrote:
06 Nov 2022, 20:42
If it is closed after Mercedes fans posted last, we are silencing them (real complaint).
If it is closed after Red Bull fans make the last posts, we are giving them the last word (see above).
What was the reason the Cost Cap thread was locked? Given it wasnt really a mud slinging match?

hollus

MadMax wrote:
06 Nov 2022, 20:17
Agreed.
You yourself posted cost cap stuff in the Sky thread. So…
Rivals, not enemies.

Stu

chrisc90 wrote:
06 Nov 2022, 20:47
hollus wrote:
06 Nov 2022, 20:42
What was the reason the Cost Cap thread was locked? Given it wasnt really a mud slinging match?
It had turned into a Western Front-style stalemate; no winners, only losers & a lot of casualties.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

yamahasho

MadMax wrote:
29 Oct 2022, 01:07
So Red Bull are found to have breached the budget cap a.k.a. cheated, and the mods have dived in to protect the team's integrity.

That they have also taken action against individuals is evidence that historic threads complaining of mod bias are likely correct.

I've followed this form for years, although only recently become active, and thought the complaints I read were spurious. Turns out I was wrong.

Wow, such a shame. Great forum otherwise.
Agree with you on this, mods are very Red Bull bias. If Mercedes is caught cheating this year for the budget, then I will call them cheaters and I’m sure my posts will not be deleted.

Shame.

So mods, it is my opinion Red Bull cheated in 2021, and my posts were deleted because of these words, you offer no editing opportunity or any reason to delete, and what’s wrong with repeating this over and over, with a 2000 post thread I see nothing wrong with repeating.I want to see how red Bull supporters justify the cheating.

Edit to correct year.
Supercharged Ford Taurus SHO 5spd. Sold.
BMW 335i, N54 6spd tuned with tunerPro

Stu

You have every chance to edit your own posts.

The forum rules are not a secret.

Mod actions tend to be towards removing:
Repeated opinion posts that claim to be fact, without any proof.
Extended conspiratorial whataboutery, without any proof.
Utter bollocks.
Pure driver ‘Willy-waving’, this is a technical forum.
Thread off-topicness, sometimes accidental, sometimes deliberate; quite easy to spot the difference.

Sometimes these posts are targeted primarily at one team or another, so there is an increase in deletion ‘against’ that team (doesn’t matter which it is). Sometimes inside a team thread there are huge campaigns against a particular driver (from followers of that team), so there is an increase in deletion ‘against’ that viewpoint.

One final point; this is a technical forum, if you have something to contribute, you’re welcome, if you only come in to bash or wage war, you are not welcome and will feel the wrath of the mods.

We are not an echo-chamber.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

101FlyingDutchman

yamahasho wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 05:57
MadMax wrote:
29 Oct 2022, 01:07
So Red Bull are found to have breached the budget cap a.k.a. cheated, and the mods have dived in to protect the team's integrity.

That they have also taken action against individuals is evidence that historic threads complaining of mod bias are likely correct.

I've followed this form for years, although only recently become active, and thought the complaints I read were spurious. Turns out I was wrong.

Wow, such a shame. Great forum otherwise.
Agree with you on this, mods are very Red Bull bias. If Mercedes is caught cheating this year for the budget, then I will call them cheaters and I’m sure my posts will not be deleted.

Shame.

So mods, it is my opinion Red Bull cheated in 2021, and my posts were deleted because of these words, you offer no editing opportunity or any reason to delete, and what’s wrong with repeating this over and over, with a 2000 post thread I see nothing wrong with repeating.I want to see how red Bull supporters justify the cheating.

Edit to correct year.
Whereas as an independent with no allegiance either way I found this forum very much dominated by British Merc supporters before. Now there is more balance and more push back against some narratives, those people have set up their own discord server. Which again very much echos how f1technical felt before, a slight echo chamber.

I really rate what mods do. It’s not done on a partisan basis. Just some people cannot seem to detach their bias from reality

yamahasho

Lol, not one mod in this discussion actually denies favoring Red Bull.

I guess you all are human too and have some favorite team.
Supercharged Ford Taurus SHO 5spd. Sold.
BMW 335i, N54 6spd tuned with tunerPro

dans79

yamahasho wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 19:32

I personally don't care what teams or drivers they favor. However, if their personal feelings effect their ability to moderate without bias, I do have a problem with that.
197 104 103 7

Stu

yamahasho wrote:

My favourite teams were Team Lotus and Williams Grand Prix Engineering, currently no favourite (team or driver) - when it boils down to it, I am an engineer, I enjoy the engineering. Engineering doesn’t really have a side.

You can create a conspiracy with no evidence and absence of evidence is proof of nothing at all.

hollus

yamahasho wrote:

Literally denied in the first page!
Rivals, not enemies.