Wow, mods are one sided

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Wouter

Re: Wow, mods are one sided

yamahasho wrote:
08 Nov 2022, 21:19
I see the original question still hasn't been answered, that is if the mods are bias towards Red Bull and if they're deleting posts to protect Red Bull's reputation or image. I believe the mods have been evasive with long complete history's of each teams strengths and weaknesses but no outright denial of the Red Bull bias issue. I conclude the mods are bias but continue to work hard to keep things balanced.

Looks like 6 teams have gone over the budget in 2022, so I would call them all cheaters. It's like the Lance Armstrong, everyone else was doping, so his team did it as well.

So it looks like Red Bull fans will have a chance to bash others soon, would the mods delete the posts? So stick around.
My opinion is that you as a newcomer, 23 July 2022, here pass a harsh judgment on the moderators and also other members.
I can assure you that there is not a single moderator here who is pro RBR, not even a little.
Fortunately there are a few neutral and a few for multiple teams/drivers, but not specifically for RBR.
You give your opinion unfiltered from day one to everybody, especially in the team threads, and that is up to you to decide for yourself, but remember that you are a guest here and if you don't like the moderation..... there are plenty other forums.
The Power of Dreams!

101FlyingDutchman

Wouter wrote:
08 Nov 2022, 22:05
yamahasho wrote:
08 Nov 2022, 21:19
I see the original question still hasn't been answered, that is if the mods are bias towards Red Bull and if they're deleting posts to protect Red Bull's reputation or image. I believe the mods have been evasive with long complete history's of each teams strengths and weaknesses but no outright denial of the Red Bull bias issue. I conclude the mods are bias but continue to work hard to keep things balanced.

Looks like 6 teams have gone over the budget in 2022, so I would call them all cheaters. It's like the Lance Armstrong, everyone else was doping, so his team did it as well.

So it looks like Red Bull fans will have a chance to bash others soon, would the mods delete the posts? So stick around.
My opinion is that you as a newcomer, 23 July 2022, here pass a harsh judgment on the moderators and also other members.
I can assure you that there is not a single moderator here who is pro RBR, not even a little.
Fortunately there are a few neutral and a few for multiple teams/drivers, but not specifically for RBR.
You give your opinion unfiltered from day one to everybody, especially in the team threads, and that is up to you to decide for yourself, but remember that you are a guest here and if you don't like the moderation..... there are plenty other forums.
Have a feeling that he/she isn’t “new”. Just a new handle.

Whatever the case may be, I’ve had posts edited or removed. (Not a RB fan!) I’ve sometimes asked myself as to why but generally all I can see is even handedness. I’m not going to let my own personal bias cloud objectivity.

Mods do a grand job (that’s not to say that mistakes don’t get made!!) All these posts attempting to fan flames are just not needed. Should you be able to hold them accountable: definitely.

For all: The ability to try to understand both sides of an argument would really further this forum going forward. retrenchment into factions does no one any good

yamahasho

Stu wrote:
08 Nov 2022, 21:29
Conclude whatever you like (in spite of evidential responses), it’s your opinion.

I hope that there are six teams over-cap this year, it’ll balance things out nicely.
Unfortunately I don't see any evidence to oppose what the initial question was. True racers get straight to the point. True sports fans know there are only winners or losers, no grey or gray. Not I liked A and B in the past so obviously I'm not bias towards C.

I understand a lot want to have politically correct answers but the OP called the mods out and all I see is a lot of great maneuvers around the question. Having other users defend for the mods hasn't helped. Calling someone a newbie doesn't mean they haven't been lurking for years or on other forums as well. The newbie excuse is just an excuse and a failure for older members to listen and find a suitable solution. Chasing them away is a one sided bias solution.

Mods should simply say, I'm not bias toward Red Bull, I'm not protecting Red Bull's image, or any teams image, I'm following the guidelines setforth in the governing rules of the forum. Straight to the point.

To the mods credit, they did state that they're only human and just like any sports, human errors are a part of the outcome and should be calculated in.
Supercharged Ford Taurus SHO 5spd. Sold.
BMW 335i, N54 6spd tuned with tunerPro

hollus

OK, just in case it is needed:
The mods are not biased towards any team. I am certainly not biased towards Red Bull, why oh why would I!?
And if there is any bias towards any team from any mod (we are only human), we try bloody hard not to be as mods.
There. The official version (and true!) on the record.
Rivals, not enemies.

yamahasho

hollus wrote:
09 Nov 2022, 00:38
OK, just in case it is needed:
The mods are not biased towards any team. I am certainly not biased towards Red Bull, why oh why would I!?
And if there is any bias towards any team from any mod (we are only human), we try bloody hard not to be as mods.
There. The official version (and true!) on the record.
Thank you, very clear.

Stu

Stu wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 20:02

My favourite teams were Team Lotus and Williams Grand Prix Engineering, currently no favourite (team or driver) - when it boils down to it, I am an engineer, I enjoy the engineering. Engineering doesn’t really have a side.

You can create a conspiracy with no evidence and absence of evidence is proof of nothing at all.

And here, several days ago….
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Sieper

what I have learned from this thread is that this site is apparently not biased enough, according to the biased.

And now the mods apparently even are called out (and replying) to stating their bias.

:shock:

I don't think any website that wishes to cater for an entire community should feel they need to bend to the bias of one side.

f1jcw

A question I have that is only slightly related is why do we have a pinned Honda topic and no other manufacturers

Big Tea

f1jcw wrote:
22 Nov 2022, 01:42
A question I have that is only slightly related is why do we have a pinned Honda topic and no other manufacturers
Has anyone created one?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

CMSMJ1

yamahasho wrote:
08 Nov 2022, 22:44
Stu wrote:
08 Nov 2022, 21:29
Conclude whatever you like (in spite of evidential responses), it’s your opinion.

I hope that there are six teams over-cap this year, it’ll balance things out nicely.
Unfortunately I don't see any evidence to oppose what the initial question was. True racers get straight to the point. True sports fans know there are only winners or losers, no grey or gray. Not I liked A and B in the past so obviously I'm not bias towards C.

I understand a lot want to have politically correct answers but the OP called the mods out and all I see is a lot of great maneuvers around the question. Having other users defend for the mods hasn't helped. Calling someone a newbie doesn't mean they haven't been lurking for years or on other forums as well. The newbie excuse is just an excuse and a failure for older members to listen and find a suitable solution. Chasing them away is a one sided bias solution.

Mods should simply say, I'm not bias toward Red Bull, I'm not protecting Red Bull's image, or any teams image, I'm following the guidelines setforth in the governing rules of the forum. Straight to the point.

To the mods credit, they did state that they're only human and just like any sports, human errors are a part of the outcome and should be calculated in.

You're being obtuse :-|

Remind us- where is your bias? Can we have that clearly stated please? #-o

I can't honestly tell you how irritating it is for such childish bobbins about whether a moderation team is biased. ](*,)

It feels to me like the BBC here in the UK - both sides of a position accuse the BBC of being biased- from both sides of the viewpoint.

Seems that there has been some forum support posted in this thread (and by lurkers - thanks) who have probably not wanted to stick their heads up before due to the large crossfire between camps.

Honda wise - That thread was superb and contained some excellent information from Wazari-san and as they came back as new supplier- it was topical. They were also terrible when they came back and was worthy of a topic?

Do we have any other seperate Engine manufacturer? No - we do have the teams posts that cover the engines for them
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

SiLo

I appreciate the effort the mods put in. Sometimes I think in trying to be impartial as possible it causes tempers to heat up a little.
Felipe Baby!

yamahasho

Turning to name calling by the mods clearly shows the mods need to reevaluate how they govern the threads. Oh wait you said “being” so again not a direct statement. Does it matter? Get to the point.

The mods have had every opportunity to show they’re not bias toward protecting Red Bull and only one cleared it up.

All of the Red Bull bashing posts have been deleted so it’s not so much these actions but the cover up and the constant dodging of the initial post.

Yes I am bias toward the underdog in any situation but since the initial poster doesn’t have direct evidence because the mods deleted it and people with authority who cannot give clear responses.

I think other posters can shutdown any hating or crossfire, I think eventually things will level out. Mods should give it a chance.

dans79

CMSMJ1 wrote:
22 Nov 2022, 12:23
I can't honestly tell you how irritating it is for such childish bobbins about whether a moderation team is biased. ](*,)
Well, just yesterday I saw a warning/pm that another user got, and because he posted in a thread where users don't like him, the moderator referred to it as "enemy territory". To me that says even if the moderators aren't bias, at least some are indirectly encouraging a tribal mentality!
197 104 103 7

CMSMJ1

yamahasho wrote:
22 Nov 2022, 15:54
Turning to name calling by the mods clearly shows the mods need to reevaluate how they govern the threads. Oh wait you said “being” so again not a direct statement. Does it matter? Get to the point.

The mods have had every opportunity to show they’re not bias toward protecting Red Bull and only one cleared it up.

All of the Red Bull bashing posts have been deleted so it’s not so much these actions but the cover up and the constant dodging of the initial post.

Yes I am bias toward the underdog in any situation but since the initial poster doesn’t have direct evidence because the mods deleted it and people with authority who cannot give clear responses.

I think other posters can shutdown any hating or crossfire, I think eventually things will level out. Mods should give it a chance.
Look - I want to enjoy this platform and not have to mess about in he said, she said.

You have asked, and didn't let it go, about moderator bias. I asked you directly - what is your bias. You have said, if I understand that right, "the underdog* in any situation" ?

I'm going to hope that you recognise the out of order posting and bickering and, without causing it yourself, to help turn the heat down in threads where you feel the "underdog" is being maligned?

*Red Bull are no underdogs - never have been
SiLo wrote:
22 Nov 2022, 15:40
I appreciate the effort the mods put in. Sometimes I think in trying to be impartial as possible it causes tempers to heat up a little.
Thanks, and you're probably right...but if I could express withour profanity or expletive just how I cannot care for bias questions - having none and not feeling the need to justify that - then I might find my levels of being irked much reduced :D

dans79 wrote:
22 Nov 2022, 15:55

Well, just yesterday I saw a warning/pm that another user got, and because he posted in a thread where users don't like him, the moderator referred to it as "enemy territory". To me that says even if the moderators aren't bias, at least some are indirectly encouraging a tribal mentality!
This is not the moderator's issue is it? Trying to take the pokes and barbs out of conversations to prevent yet more piling on is what happens. A thread is "enemy territory" only if your previous actions have given thoe inghabitants reason to think you are only there to harangue or insult...and the flip side is that people need thicker skin of course!

If this were a real place and someone from Team A was maligning Team B face to face and it was designed to elicit a reaction or to bait them - what would happen? A pint would be spilled and tempers frayed.

it is only racing cars that most of the people on the planet think we are weird for being so obsessed with them! Be nice to one another!

We're getting there - this is a team place - we would all be gutted if it was not here. How hard can it be to think before posting something you* know is going to get someone else to respond negatively?

*not you, you - but "one" as the language ought to be... :mrgreen:
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

chrisc90

CMSMJ1 wrote:
22 Nov 2022, 16:34

We're getting there - this is a team place - we would all be gutted if it was not here. How hard can it be to think before posting something you* know is going to get someone else to respond negatively?

*not you, you - but "one" as the language ought to be... :mrgreen:
Problem is some people will see someone else's opinion on their favourite driver as an 'attack' instead of thinking its only their opinion. Because poster A has posted their opinion on poster B's favourite driver, they feel the need to defend them if that opinion doesn't shine the brightest light on the driver.

Prime example the Ferrari team thread where there was disagreement over how many times a driver has won head to head. People dont like one fact and come up with many other hypotheticals as to why said driver isn't performing as well. (gifted that example is in no way calling out posters in that thread by any means).

Tough road to keep on the straight and narrow - but I think everyone just needs to give each other a fraction more respect for their opinion, and should someone not truly agree with a posters opinion, bring some solid facts and description to their responding post.