2022 FIM MotoGP

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
etusch

Re: 2022 FIM MotoGP

Fabio also was not happy with the power of yamaha. I don't know if these Japanese teams will wait another year to understand that they should change somethings significantly.
Marquez: Honda unable to fight for 2023 MotoGP title with test bike
Marc Marquez says Honda will not be able to fight for the 2023 MotoGP world championship on the bike it brought to the Valencia test.
The six-time MotoGP world champion said he “expected more” from the test package but acknowledged that the Japanese manufacturer is “working more for February than now.”
He tested a prototype at the Circuit Ricardo Tormo on Tuesday, which featured new aerodynamics and the same engine but with a small modification.
Marquez said he was happy with the engine progression, which brought “a little bit more torque,” but said the team needs “a bigger step” to be closer to the other manufacturers.
Asked by Motorsport.com if he had expected more and was disappointed, Marquez said: “Yeah of course, I expected more, because you always want more and more.
“I cannot say I’m disappointed, because Honda is working and they’re trying and they bring a new bike, but we need more if we want to fight for the championship.
“With the one that we receive here, we will not fight for the championship.”
Marquez said that though the bike had “a bit more feeling in the front,” which led to a loss of performance in other areas and prompted some compromise.
He also said that the lap times on the new bike were similar to that of the RC213V which he raced here on Sunday.
Marquez added: “In one of the problems it was in the correct direction, but as we expected already, we improve in one area and lose in another one.
“So it’s a compromise, but we are always there on the same character, more or less same problems, we improve one thing then there always is the same characteristics. So they must understand to improve in February.”
Marquez said it was important to hear the first impressions of new Honda riders Joan Mir, who will race alongside him at the factory team, and Alex Rins, who joins LCR alongside Takaaki Nakagami.
He said: “Of course they are part of Honda and it was important for me to hear their first impressions.
“When you ride a bike, you get used to the problems. If you are a talented guy like Mir and Rins, then you start to adapt to the problems because you are talented.
“They will be fast, but we see on the lap times if it’s an easy bike or not.
“If it’s an easy bike, you go out and you are on the same lap times as the other bikes. If it’s a difficult bike, you go out and you take all the day to be in an acceptable lap time.”
Repsol Honda team boss Alberto Puig was also unhappy with the result of Tuesday’s test, and said there were not as many positives as the team had expected.
Puig said: “We tried different bike concepts and we were expecting a little better result at this moment.
“We find some positives but not as much as we expected, so we have to keep going.
“We have to keep working, because since the last Misano test we did a lot of work but it didn’t show.”

AMG.Tzan

Andres125sx wrote:
09 Nov 2022, 09:18
McL-H wrote:
08 Nov 2022, 23:54

Marquez had the speed to fly away into the distance and win the race, but he chose to hang back and mess around with VR46.
That´s a huge and bold accusation. What are your evidences to make such a claim? What reason would make Marquez give up a victory, beating Rossi and any other rival?

Sorry but that´s no sense, but if you have some real evidence please post it
Iannone was doing the same! Why didn't Rossi accuse him after Australia??

Bastianini was doing the same thing this year with Pecco in the last races almost crashing into him in Misano and Malaysia! Why didn't Pecco accuse him of trying to help Fabio??

Get on with it Rossi fans! Rossi's domination started to end by 2006 when names like Stoner, Lorenzo, Pedrosa and Hayden showed up! Look at 2010...the guy was nowhere compared to Lorenzo and he bailed out! Not to mention the Ducati years... :lol:
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

johnny comelately

etusch wrote:
09 Nov 2022, 12:28
Fabio also was not happy with the power of yamaha. I don't know if these Japanese teams will wait another year to understand that they should change somethings significantly.
Marquez: Honda unable to fight for 2023 MotoGP title with test bike
Marc Marquez says Honda will not be able to fight for the 2023 MotoGP world championship on the bike it brought to the Valencia test.
The six-time MotoGP world champion said he “expected more” from the test package but acknowledged that the Japanese manufacturer is “working more for February than now.”
He tested a prototype at the Circuit Ricardo Tormo on Tuesday, which featured new aerodynamics and the same engine but with a small modification.
Marquez said he was happy with the engine progression, which brought “a little bit more torque,” but said the team needs “a bigger step” to be closer to the other manufacturers.
Asked by Motorsport.com if he had expected more and was disappointed, Marquez said: “Yeah of course, I expected more, because you always want more and more.
“I cannot say I’m disappointed, because Honda is working and they’re trying and they bring a new bike, but we need more if we want to fight for the championship.
“With the one that we receive here, we will not fight for the championship.”
Marquez said that though the bike had “a bit more feeling in the front,” which led to a loss of performance in other areas and prompted some compromise.
He also said that the lap times on the new bike were similar to that of the RC213V which he raced here on Sunday.
Marquez added: “In one of the problems it was in the correct direction, but as we expected already, we improve in one area and lose in another one.
“So it’s a compromise, but we are always there on the same character, more or less same problems, we improve one thing then there always is the same characteristics. So they must understand to improve in February.”
Marquez said it was important to hear the first impressions of new Honda riders Joan Mir, who will race alongside him at the factory team, and Alex Rins, who joins LCR alongside Takaaki Nakagami.
He said: “Of course they are part of Honda and it was important for me to hear their first impressions.
“When you ride a bike, you get used to the problems. If you are a talented guy like Mir and Rins, then you start to adapt to the problems because you are talented.
“They will be fast, but we see on the lap times if it’s an easy bike or not.
“If it’s an easy bike, you go out and you are on the same lap times as the other bikes. If it’s a difficult bike, you go out and you take all the day to be in an acceptable lap time.”
Repsol Honda team boss Alberto Puig was also unhappy with the result of Tuesday’s test, and said there were not as many positives as the team had expected.
Puig said: “We tried different bike concepts and we were expecting a little better result at this moment.
“We find some positives but not as much as we expected, so we have to keep going.
“We have to keep working, because since the last Misano test we did a lot of work but it didn’t show.”
The only thing I noticed on Marquez's test bike was more rake and he didnt have the instability turning into and mid corners but with his style that would slow him down

Andres125sx

AMG.Tzan wrote:
09 Nov 2022, 12:53

Bastianini was doing the same thing this year with Pecco in the last races almost crashing into him in Misano and Malaysia! Why didn't Pecco accuse him of trying to help Fabio??

Get on with it Rossi fans! Rossi's domination started to end by 2006 when names like Stoner, Lorenzo, Pedrosa and Hayden showed up! Look at 2010...the guy was nowhere compared to Lorenzo and he bailed out! Not to mention the Ducati years... :lol:
Indeed. I´ve never understood that theory of not interfering with the title fight, as it actually is manipulating the title fight, so that theory is the most hypocritical statement in any motorsport #-o

What´s the reason some rider/driver must have no oppostition in a race to beat his rival when those same riders/drivers have fought hard against his rival in many other GPs? The point in the championship is irrelevant, points are points, in first race and in last one. Not fighting any title challenger is favouring him and unfairly harming his opponents, not very sportive exactly.

But fans of the rider/driver accuse the rider/driver doing his job of pretty nasty things, when they are the people asking for nasty things. Racing is racing, if you can´t beat any rival, don´t cry if you loose the title, and specially do not accuse other riders/drivers of your lack of perfomance.

To put it into perspective, I´m an Alonso fan, but I never accused Petrov of interfering on the title fight in 2010, he was doing his job, it was Alonso and Ferrari who failed miserably passing Petrov on track or on the pitstops, and that cost him a title, not Petrov.

sosic2121

Andres125sx wrote:
10 Nov 2022, 08:56
AMG.Tzan wrote:

Indeed. I´ve never understood that theory of not interfering with the title fight, as it actually is manipulating the title fight, so that theory is the most hypocritical statement in any motorsport #-o

What´s the reason some rider/driver must have no oppostition in a race to beat his rival when those same riders/drivers have fought hard against his rival in many other GPs? The point in the championship is irrelevant, points are points, in first race and in last one. Not fighting any title challenger is favouring him and unfairly harming his opponents, not very sportive exactly.

But fans of the rider/driver accuse the rider/driver doing his job of pretty nasty things, when they are the people asking for nasty things. Racing is racing, if you can´t beat any rival, don´t cry if you loose the title, and specially do not accuse other riders/drivers of your lack of perfomance.

To put it into perspective, I´m an Alonso fan, but I never accused Petrov of interfering on the title fight in 2010, he was doing his job, it was Alonso and Ferrari who failed miserably passing Petrov on track or on the pitstops, and that cost him a title, not Petrov.
The difference is that Marc was on a mission to stop Rossi, not in a fight for position with a random title contender like Petrov was. I personally couldn't care less about Rossi and Marquez, and I don't mind what they did to each other. IMO they both showed lack of sportsman behaviour.
Last edited by sosic2121 on 10 Nov 2022, 10:12, edited 1 time in total.

johnny comelately

Contamination

AMG.Tzan

sosic2121 wrote:
10 Nov 2022, 09:53
Andres125sx wrote:
AMG.Tzan wrote:

The difference is that Marc was on a mission to stop Rossi, not in a fight for position with a random title contender like Petrov was. I personally couldn't care less about Rossi and Marquez, and I don't mind what they did to each other. IMO they both showed lack of sportsman behaviour.
Show evidence of your statement!

Every Rossi fan is only thinking of Malaysia! Talk about Australia and why did Marquez pass Lorenzo on the last lap at the last corner if he so much wanted to help him!

It was Rossi before the Malaysian GP that started throwing mud at Marquez just to get into his and Lorenzo's minds! Guess that Marquez didn't like that at all and gave him a taste of his own medicine!

So apparently it was Rossi himself that provoked all that BS! Either way Rossi would never have finished above 4th in either of the Malaysia or Valencia races...
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

johnny comelately

Come on fellas, you are spoiling a great subject with the same dribble that goes on in most F1 car threads, ad nauseum

etusch

Valencia test higlights from Motogp Facebook page.

sosic2121

AMG.Tzan wrote:
10 Nov 2022, 12:42
sosic2121 wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:

Show evidence of your statement!

Every Rossi fan is only thinking of Malaysia! Talk about Australia and why did Marquez pass Lorenzo on the last lap at the last corner if he so much wanted to help him!

It was Rossi before the Malaysian GP that started throwing mud at Marquez just to get into his and Lorenzo's minds! Guess that Marquez didn't like that at all and gave him a taste of his own medicine!

So apparently it was Rossi himself that provoked all that BS! Either way Rossi would never have finished above 4th in either of the Malaysia or Valencia races...
My friend, I have similar opportunities opinion. I just wanted to say that at Malaysia Marc was on a mission to stop Rossi. Even if Marc hindered Rossi before that, it was stupid from Rossi to call him out. He pissed him off and that possibly decided the championship. "goat" should have known better.
I think both of them can't be proud of what happened.

sosic2121

johnny comelately wrote:
10 Nov 2022, 12:54
Come on fellas, you are spoiling a great subject with the same dribble that goes on in most F1 car threads, ad nauseum
You are right, I think it's best that we leave that in the past.

Andres125sx

sosic2121 wrote:
The difference is that Marc was on a mission to stop Rossi, not in a fight for position with a random title contender like Petrov was.
Who told you Marc was on a mission to stop Rossi? That is just an opinion with no evidence at all. Repeating ad nauseam is far from an evidence.

It was exactly the same situation than Alonso-Petrov, a random rider/driver fighting hard a title contender to defend position

etusch

ARE HONDA ALREADY BEHIND IN THE RACE FOR 2023? | MotoGP News

johnny comelately

etusch wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 09:45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diecmPHvsDc
Yes :wink:
But they have the best asset which any team would want

etusch

johnny comelately wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 11:12
etusch wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 09:45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diecmPHvsDc
Yes :wink:
But they have the best asset which any team would want
I think this is normal flow of life. There is times Honda or Yamaha fells little bit for one or two seasons then they find a way to come back. Then rivals find a way to come back top. Maybe their concept and bike eats up all potential of it in time. Then they need a fresh start.
Now bikes are faster and ducati's concept look like working. But it will come end of it's potential and one of the others will find a way to go beyond potential of ducati concept. Then it will bu ducati's turn to try to catch up.