FIA Thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
f1jcw

Re: FIA Thread

Why is this even worthy of discussion when Max even admitted hitting him, practically deliberately. From the horses mouth it’s self!

101FlyingDutchman

f1jcw wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 01:34
Why is this even worthy of discussion when Max even admitted hitting him, practically deliberately. From the horses mouth it’s self!
Except that’s not what he said at all…..
What he said was, that he knew Lewis would close the door on him and leave him no racing space. So he stuck his car there anyway and wait for the inevitable. I’m not even trying to condone it and think the stewards got the decision just about right considering the evidence.
Even the FIA stewards note that HAM could have left more racing room.

What they’ve proven is that they both need to wisen up in their battles

f1jcw

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 01:38
[So he stuck his car there anyway and wait for the inevitable.
How is that not deliberate?

Take it on to normal roads.
I know the pedestrian wasn’t going to leave room, but still went for the space even though I know it was going to end up with me hitting him.

Stop trying to say 2 + 2 != 4

101FlyingDutchman

f1jcw wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 01:55
101FlyingDutchman wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 01:38
[So he stuck his car there anyway and wait for the inevitable.
How is that not deliberate?

Take it on to normal roads.
I know the pedestrian wasn’t going to leave room, but still went for the space even though I know it was going to end up with me hitting him.

Stop trying to say 2 + 2 != 4
Of course it’s deliberate. But it’s also deliberate from HAM not to leave ANY racing space. VER would have looked like a right muppet if HAM had left him space and he would have gone straight barely making turn 2. (Not going to debate as we’d never know exactly the outcome)
VER obviously feels that HAM starting from last year will never give him the racing space which he does do to other drivers. So I guess he was hoping that he would leave space but was highly expecting a more unfortunate ending.

They really both need to learn from this and sort it out. It’s stupid stuff (and yes HAM has his part to play in this too)

f1jcw

Lewis didn’t have to leave him room
Max braked too late to make the corner

But max mentality is give me space or we crash which is a disgusting attitude.

dans79

If anything Max is afraid of Lewis, and that's why he acts differently around him!
197 104 103 7

101FlyingDutchman

f1jcw wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 02:05
Lewis didn’t have to leave him room
Max braked too late to make the corner

But max mentality is give me space or we crash which is a disgusting attitude.
And this is where you are just wrong. Even the stewards noted so.

For the other comments, you’re of course entitled to believe that but it hasn’t been on show with anyone else. So seemingly the attitude both have adopted is poisoning what could be epic battling

dans79

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 02:10
And this is where you are just wrong. Even the stewards noted so.
That's not what the official; document says.
While the Stewards recognize that Hamilton could possibly have given a
little more room at the apex of turn 2, the Stewards determined that Verstappen was
predominantly at fault.
197 104 103 7

AR3-GP

dans79 wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 02:09
If anything Max is afraid of Lewis, and that's why he acts differently around him!
He's afraid of Lewis, so he sends one around the outside? :wtf:

Vanja #66

That FIA decision explanation is the most amateurish one I've read so far. Stunning.

The Stewards determined that Verstappen attempted to pass Hamilton on the outside
of turn 1 by braking very late. He did not complete the pass in Turn 1 and his excess
speed compromised his entry into turn 2, at which point he made contact with
Hamilton.
So now stewards can determine that a driver being forced out of the track in a collision is actually his fault?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Max had every right to try and take over on the outside. The fact he was side-by-side and slightly behind by T2 and ahead in T1 means he was slowing down more than Hamilton, so the above comment by stewards is laughable at best.

Max would not have passed by the exit of T3 had Hamilton given him enough room. Hamilton could have been smarter and taken a different line in T2 for the fastest exit out the T3 and Max could have even been a sitting duck for drivers behind. The fact he didn't shows that he wanted to force Max out even at the risk of a collision. At the end of the day, Hamilton is the one who caused the collision by not leaving enough room. I think everyone knows I'm 100% neutral in this, I'm not a fan of either driver :lol:

This inconsistency is beyond ridiculous and ruins the sport. But hey, it's great for the show and they'll keep doing that.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

mendis

dans79 wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 02:09
If you think so, then Max would be happy to keep doing that damage to Lewis as Max said after the race, he would attempt that move all of again in the next opportunity. Max had nothing to lose and he cost Lewis a win in Brazil which was precious to Lewis considering the year he has had. To me, they both are childish, but I don't see it changing at all.

GrizzleBoy

Vanja #66 wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 08:42
That FIA decision explanation is the most amateurish one I've read so far. Stunning.

The Stewards determined that Verstappen attempted to pass Hamilton on the outside
of turn 1 by braking very late. He did not complete the pass in Turn 1 and his excess
speed compromised his entry into turn 2, at which point he made contact with
Hamilton.
So now stewards can determine that a driver being forced out of the track in a collision is actually his fault?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Max had every right to try and take over on the outside. The fact he was side-by-side and slightly behind by T2 and ahead in T1 means he was slowing down more than Hamilton, so the above comment by stewards is laughable at best.

Max would not have passed by the exit of T3 had Hamilton given him enough room. Hamilton could have been smarter and taken a different line in T2 for the fastest exit out the T3 and Max could have even been a sitting duck for drivers behind. The fact he didn't shows that he wanted to force Max out even at the risk of a collision. At the end of the day, Hamilton is the one who caused the collision by not leaving enough room. I think everyone knows I'm 100% neutral in this, I'm not a fan of either driver :lol:

This inconsistency is beyond ridiculous and ruins the sport. But hey, it's great for the show and they'll keep doing that.
Yes?

If:

- you brake late into T1 and give yourself a compromised line into T2 that puts you on a route to cut sideways across the racing line (and therefore other cars) instead of at least being parallel to it but just out of position, and

- you are not alongside enough into T2 until the moment your dive bomb (I. E the only reason you ever got alongside) ends up in contact because you kept your foot in despite now admitting in post race interviews that you knew the space was not going to be there and did nothing to avoid contact despite being the car behind with no blind spot issues etc.

Well the blame is on you for that.

Max wasn't looking at making that corner, he was looking at making sure that his car simply stayed to the right of Hamilton at all times, even if it meant shoving Hamilton off at T2 exit, which is exactly where Maxs car was headed, with his foot planted.

Maxs problem was that Lewis had the intent to keep on driving through the corner and not off the side of it.

Thats what the "should have left space" argument seems to ignore. Even if Lewis had left more space, Max still had his cars trajectory heading off the edge of the track because he needed to keep his foot in even at the apex in a race to make sure Hamiltons route out of T2 is blocked and pinched at the exit.

Its fine if Max wants to do that, but nobody owes him the right on track to steam in from behind, facing the wrong direction at the apex and have the defending car park up and wait till he sorts out his overspeed and gets his car facing the right way.

Thats why the stewards mentioned his line through T1 and into T2. They are explaining how he was out of position to ever make the corner while attacking the car in front. Nor was he in enough of a commanding position to dive bomb over the apex and hang Lewis out to dry on the exit.

Divebombs are for Xbox and PlayStation. I'm glad the stewards agree.

Vanja #66

mendis wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 06:22
A lesson in how to respectfully race at Turn 1/2 in Brazil. Despite Kimi was never ahead of Schumacher, he got enough room to make Turn 2.

An example of another 7-times champ driving a Mercedes fighting hard in those same corners, but leaving enough space. Wow, it can be done!

FIA are a joke...
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

f1jcw

I'm absolutely gobsmacked with some of the responses.
It really does seem, that many believe Max can do no wrong and it is for others "ALWAYS" to get themselves out of his way.
Even when considered by Stewards and explanation give, it is them that is wrong, not themselves or Max.
Max even admitted it and still adamant his is the offended party.

:lol:

101FlyingDutchman

f1jcw wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 14:35
I'm absolutely gobsmacked with some of the responses.
It really does seem, that many believe Max can do no wrong and it is for others "ALWAYS" to get themselves out of his way.
Even when considered by Stewards and explanation give, it is them that is wrong, not themselves or Max.
Max even admitted it and still adamant his is the offended party.

:lol:
No what a lot of us are contesting is that HAM has his part to play in it too. If you can’t see that then sure. I would have totally stuck it on Max if for example Lewis gave the racing room, VER somehow overshoots the corner (no evidence but let’s go for the hypothesis) and then the contact happens