rear tire slip angles

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
Jim
Jim

rear tire slip angles

Hi,
I drive the FW31 in iRacing. On the straights the rear wheels slow a slip angle of 1.5% off center. Even with rear toe set to zero I can't get rid of the slip angle. Is this something that is built into the car that can't be changed, or is this a problem with the iRacing vehicle?

johnny comelately

Re: rear tire slip angles

Jim wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 00:18
Hi,
I drive the FW31 in iRacing. On the straights the rear wheels slow a slip angle of 1.5% off center. Even with rear toe set to zero I can't get rid of the slip angle. Is this something that is built into the car that can't be changed, or is this a problem with the iRacing vehicle?
I'm guessing this is a sim car??
What would you do in a real car
roll bar, roll centres, spring rates, tyre pressure delta, toe in, toe out, camber ... change driver...wing changes...

PhillipM

Jim wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 00:18
Hi,
Is it from camber thrust?

Greg Locock

both in the same direction? or toe in?