Monaco Gate 2022

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Wouter

Re: Monaco Gate 2022

DDopey wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 09:11
"With Max and the team, everything was discussed yesterday and kept internal. This is behind us and we will continue to work as the great team we have been so far"

Perez is quite quick in forgiving. Makes you wonder.
Checo on his IG:
Everything was discussed with Max and with the team yesterday and we are going to keep everything internally,
this is already behind us and we will continue to work as the great team we have been up to now.
What are they going to keep internally and why? His Monaco crash? Could have bad consequences for Checo, so ssssst.
The Power of Dreams!

101FlyingDutchman

Wouter wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 12:49
DDopey wrote:
"With Max and the team, everything was discussed yesterday and kept internal. This is behind us and we will continue to work as the great team we have been so far"

Checo on his IG:
Everything was discussed with Max and with the team yesterday and we are going to keep everything internally,
this is already behind us and we will continue to work as the great team we have been up to now.
What are they going to keep internally and why? His Monaco crash? Could have bad consequences for Checo, so ssssst.
I think it tells you everything you need to know without giving anything “incriminating” away. I still don’t agree with Max making a point of it now but I have no doubt the rumours must hold water. Especially seeing that interview with him after the race. It’s etched on his face as he deflects the question.

Juzh

Perez 100% crash on purpose, he knew he's on a bad lap and just wanted to keep max behind no matter what. lol

aMessageToCharlie

Wow he must have giant confidence if he thought his "title fight" with Verstappen would come so far that throwing away his cockpit for a P3 in qualy would be worth it.

Big Tea

Prost, Senna and Mansell all did something similar there. Prost when he was way out in the lead on the last few laps.
I think their mind is out in front of the car and the car is slower arriving at the throttle on point than they expect.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Matt-A

Hi everyone, new poster - have been lurking for a while.

I wonder about this incident, if it turns out that Checo was found to have crashed deliberately, what the punishment might be.

Is it possible Checo loses all his points in the championship, dropping Red Bull down to fourth place in the constructors championship? That would mean they suddenly gain lots more time in the wind tunnel next year...
Last edited by Matt-A on 15 Nov 2022, 15:59, edited 1 time in total.

saviour stivala

‘’Everything was discussed with Max and the team and we are going to keep everything internally’’. Looks like Erik Van Harem the Dutch journalist have opened that internal bag and let the cat out for RB And Perez. If RB (the team) and Perez does not sue him (the journalist) it means that what he said (that Perez had admitted to both Horner and Marko that he crashed his car on purpose in Monaco was a fact. Interesting to see what the FIA is going to say about all this now.

AR3-GP

To everyone saying he should have done a Schumacher or a Rosberg.....well if you do something that someone else has already done, don't you think it looks a little obvious? Schumacher was penalized? Why would Checo copy what failed?

101FlyingDutchman

The fact that VER stated that they had already talked about it and told them exactly what would happen at some stage leads me to believe there must have been discussion internally about it. And not just some “rumour” that he is now spontaneously is reacting to. It makes no sense

saviour stivala

AR3-GP wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 16:08
To everyone saying he should have done a Schumacher or a Rosberg.....well if you do something that someone else has already done, don't you think it looks a little obvious? Schumacher was penalized? Why would Checo copy what failed?
Crashing a car on purpose was also done before.

boiler

basti313 wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 10:51
Marble wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 06:35
But later, as he waited for Checo's car to be removed, he came on the radio and said : "this should be forbidden. Otherwise it's too simple : just get a good lap and then bin it in the wall."
I think this is the topic where the FIA needs to put in penalties. If they cause a flag in qualifying that prevents X drivers to do a competitive lap, you go down X places. Fair for everyone.
It is the same like the avoidable safety cars or red flags in the race. Like Lando (I really like him) parking on the inside, unmovable car to cause a SC....just go back 3 places next race and they learn how to park a car without causing a SC.

But here FIA is completely silent on doing anything against this constant nonsense and race killers.

Besides this I do not yet get the point of the "Monaco Gate". Crash to get P3??? It was pure luck and a blunt strategy error that put Perez into the win.
Indycar does so that option is off the table, god forbid they copy a good idea from another series. Instead they will create some convoluted BS about the alignment of the moon with the garages and see if a gopher can sniff out a T-Rex to decided the penalty..... That may actually be to straight forward of a process for the F1 brain trust....

Gooch

Cause a local yellow that hinders another driver - Your fastest lap in that session is deleted
Cause a red flag - All laps in that session are deleted

But you're right, that's far too sensible for F1.

PlatinumZealot

AR3-GP wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 05:06
PlatinumZealot wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 04:40
How could they allow this libelous thread to live?

When Perez crashed last year the public thought nothing of it. Now, after one year this is dug up and twisted to fit an agenda? For shame.
Last year? :wtf:

The event in question is the 2022 Monaco GP qualifying session. 5/28/22
There you go. It was such a nothing burger I didn't even remember it. So basically the championship was not even at stake...

Meh. Storm in a tea cup.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

PlatinumZealot

DDopey wrote:

Perez wants to keep his job that's what! He knows he will never have a car like this again!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

PlatinumZealot

Juzh wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 13:14
Perez 100% crash on purpose, he knew he's on a bad lap and just wanted to keep max behind no matter what. lol
Weak sauce. The road was low grip. And others had slides in that same spot.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏