Best circuit in F1.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
harty71

Best circuit in F1.

For me it has to be Silverstone, it's not only an epic track to drive, it also offers some of the best racing you can find.

Many say Spa but it just doesn't have the great races like Silverstone does, I mean what circuit offers overtaking opportunities in just about every corner, number one by a mile in my opinion.

Big Tea

Re: Best circuit in F1.

harty71 wrote:
16 Nov 2022, 17:19
For me it has to be Silverstone, it's not only an epic track to drive, it also offers some of the best racing you can find.

Many say Spa but it just doesn't have the great races like Silverstone does, I mean what circuit offers overtaking opportunities in just about every corner, number one by a mile in my opinion.
Spa is a shadow of its former self now.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

aMessageToCharlie

Suzuka and Silverstone imo

AR3-GP

Big Tea wrote:
16 Nov 2022, 17:38
harty71 wrote:

Only because the cars are so easy to drive now. Everything is just a no lift "kink" now.

organic

Silverstone

Big Tea

AR3-GP wrote:
16 Nov 2022, 18:06
Big Tea wrote:
16 Nov 2022, 17:38
harty71 wrote:

Only because the cars are so easy to drive now. Everything is just a no lift "kink" now.
No, they have 'sanitised' places like bus-stop and de-cambered bends etc it is easy to drive because they have remodelled the difficult bits.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Andres125sx

Suzuka forever

But Austin is pretty close, best new track by far

harty71

Andres125sx wrote:
16 Nov 2022, 18:34
Suzuka forever

But Austin is pretty close, best new track by far
As a pure drivers track Suzuka is up there but don't think it offers as good a racing as Silverstone.

Austin is epic, a modern great, deserves it's place on the calendar for eternity.

bluechris

Suzuka, Brazil, Imola for me .

MadMax

Interesting question which is impossible to answer, I think.

Silverstone, Spa, Suzuka are all great tracks with their own highlights. Austin has proven to be a great track, in my view.

What about Monaco? Absolutely atrocious as a racing circuit but as a qualifying spectacle it's second to none.

But I also like Montreal, Istanbul, Magny-Cours and Melbourne.

harty71

I really enjoyed Mugello in 2020, I would have liked for that to stay on the calendar, I'd rather have it in place for Imola.

johnny comelately

Bathurst :wink:

Gooch

Mugello was great, I loved seeing the cars toe the edge of the gravel and the turbulence throwing up small stones as they flew by.

For a similar reason I still like Suzuka the most. Although part of T1 and Spoon have been neutered I feel like it's the closest of the classic F1 tracks in terms of grass & gravel to it's more traditional layout. Spa used to be close but they paved too much runoff. Same goes for Silverstone, the racing is great but I miss when the edge of the track was the edge of the track and every corner, even running on your own, was a huge risk.

Stu

Now that would be awesome!!
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Stu

Of the current tracks, it would have to be Suzuka, as for the ‘new’ Silverstone - I’m not a fan, but the original layout is another thing, as is the original hockenheim. I hate it when they toss about with real classic tracks, but continue to call them as such.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.