2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
aran.vtec
aran.vtec

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

littlebigcat wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 14:59
Wouter wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 14:50
aran.vtec wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 14:34

Yeah, They should of just kept quiet or said less.
What do you mean?
Well the problem is that they have now commented with something the is provable false. Rather than shutting down the questions as intended, this is only going to open more ones about Verstappen and their statement which appears to cover up additional messages in attempt to excuse Verstappen.
Exactly, they have made a public statement trying to defend max which contradicts what happened on track and is available for all to see.

Long before the last corner he was asked, GP asked a total of 3 times

They have a target on their back now this just gives the media more ammunition.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

aran.vtec wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 16:05
littlebigcat wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 14:59
Wouter wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 14:50

What do you mean?
Well the problem is that they have now commented with something the is provable false. Rather than shutting down the questions as intended, this is only going to open more ones about Verstappen and their statement which appears to cover up additional messages in attempt to excuse Verstappen.
Exactly, they have made a public statement trying to defend max which contradicts what happened on track and is available for all to see.

Long before the last corner he was asked, GP asked a total of 3 times

They have a target on their back now this just gives the media more ammunition.
Yeah! They'll have to fire him now to appease the media :?

:lol:

Do you people listen to yourselves?

The drivers have gotten past it. It really doesn't matter how you feel about it because RB haters were going to continue to be RB haters whether this incident happened or not.

Big Tea

Horner is getting really annoying with the violins and 'think of the children' at every opportunity.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

chrisc90

Big Tea wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 16:37
Horner is getting really annoying with the violins and 'think of the children' at every opportunity.
What gives people the right to be abusive, send death threats, insult family and staff member though? Absolutely nothing.

No doubt there will be a few that come on and say ‘ it’s all down to the team, they deserve it’ etc.

You know, all these cases of Latifi, masi, Alonso, Hannah Schmitz, Max’s family etc etc all getting death threats and online abuse. Totally uncalled for.

And people say it’s red bull fans that are the toxic ones

RonMexico
RonMexico

chrisc90 wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 16:53
Big Tea wrote:
What gives people the right to be abusive, send death threats, insult family and staff member though? Absolutely nothing.

No doubt there will be a few that come on and say ‘ it’s all down to the team, they deserve it’ etc.

You know, all these cases of Latifi, masi, Alonso, Hannah Schmitz, Max’s family etc etc all getting death threats and online abuse. Totally uncalled for.

And people say it’s red bull fans that are the toxic ones
A lot of what is being said is so far over the line it is genuinely incredible. How do people live like that?

chrisc90

It’s shocking. And I think team principals are right to call it out. And so they should. The sport doesn’t need the toxicity, abuse and racism from fans.

littlebigcat
littlebigcat

It definitely should be called out by the teams. But they should be intelligent enough that it can only cause further issues if they were to include misinformation within the same statement.

That isn’t me excusing deplorable abuse, that’s me making a comment that a team who has faced a backlash through a breach of rules should be doing it’s best to regain trust of the sports fans. Not actively gaslighting them.

mendis
mendis

Big Tea wrote:
Are you saying it's ok for children of Red Bull employees to be bullied and physically assaulted and not call that out? Even if it means calling it out everyday. If there is no noise, there is no problem. That's how the world works. Did you get the same annoyance when Lewis went on with 'knee' for the whole year? It's strange for me that it's annoying for a guy sitting on internet to hear the persistent problems for a host of real people.
Last edited by mendis on 17 Nov 2022, 17:21, edited 1 time in total.

f1jcw
f1jcw

littlebigcat wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 17:10
It definitely should be called out by the teams. But they should be intelligent enough that it can only cause further issues if they were to include misinformation within the same statement.

That isn’t me excusing deplorable abuse, that’s me making a comment that a team who has faced a backlash through a breach of rules should be doing it’s best to regain trust of the sports fans. Not actively gaslighting them.
The same team who's statements led to a pile on onto Ted?

f1jcw
f1jcw

mendis wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 17:16
Are you saying it's ok for children of Red Bull employees to be bullied and physically assaulted and not call that out?
I'm sorry, but repeating BS doesn't make it real. Where is the evidence that redbull kids are getting thumped up and down the country.

Please don't call me out on lying or cheating as you'll upset my child! Please!

mendis
mendis

f1jcw wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 17:22
mendis wrote:
Are you saying it's ok for children of Red Bull employees to be bullied and physically assaulted and not call that out?
I'm sorry, but repeating BS doesn't make it real. Where is the evidence that redbull kids are getting thumped up and down the country.

Please don't call me out on lying or cheating as you'll upset my child! Please!
Just because you saying it's BS, doesn't make it BS. Real world has real problems.
Last edited by mendis on 17 Nov 2022, 17:24, edited 1 time in total.

Wouter

SportsbyPetaurus
@SportsPetaurus
Look at these toxic, abusive and hateful comments underneath a birthday post from Victoria Verstappen, the sister of Max #Verstappen. Some are even death threats to Max and his family. This is unacceptable and needs to change.
ImageImage

The Power of Dreams!

littlebigcat
littlebigcat

That is unacceptable. So is openly misleading fans.

Big Tea

mendis wrote:
Big Tea wrote:
Are you saying it's ok for children of Red Bull employees to be bullied and physically assaulted and not call that out? Even if it means calling it out everyday. If there is no noise, there is no problem. That's how the world works. Did you get the same annoyance when Lewis went on with 'knee' for the whole year? It's strange for me that it's annoying for a guy sitting on internet to hear the persistent problems for a host of real people.

Its fine for him to use them for his ends though?
Of course it is not fine, and it is not fine for him to keep bring them in either.
99.99% of people would not dream of involving families or employees, but it seems to be his first call to deflect any criticism. If families are protected, and they should be, then what he keeps doing is just making them more targets as it is getting a response, ironically off some of the worst offenders.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

mendis
mendis

Big Tea wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 17:29
mendis wrote:
Big Tea wrote:

Its fine for him to use them for his ends though?
Of course it is not fine, and it is not fine for him to keep bring them in either.
99.99% of people would not dream of involving families or employees, but it seems to be his first call to deflect any criticism. If families are protected, and they should be, then what he keeps doing is just making them more targets as it is getting a response, ironically off some of the worst offenders.
You are of the opinion that it's for his ends, but I see it as a concerned leader of an organization. I would do the exact same for my people and wouldn't mind if some stranger sitting on internet would feel bad about it. Sorry.