WSBK 2022

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
johnny comelately

WSBK 2022

Loooong overdue
Last race of the season at Philip Island on the open wheelers
Alvaro, Johnathon, Toprak and Alex were the only contenders in R2 which was red flagged due to an accident for Eugene , condition unknown and sadly the last race of his career.
With 5 laps to go Johnathon had the measure of Alvaro who has won the world championship this year and determined to prove he did so by merit and had been wheelspinning much more on the Ducaarti guessing he was waiting till a lap or two from the end when Alvaro was less able to repass with the nitrous ducarti oxide but alas the flag was red.
And what is great in this series no ad nauseum talk re team orders, usually the pilots call the shots and the brands have equal profile at best.
It is interesting as to who rules the roost in the different series eg, WRC, MX1, NASCAR, INDY...
Disgustingly I heard the F1 drivers referred to as employees! Yea right ...hey Christian you hop in this weekend and see how you go

Remember half the wheels, double the fun

johnny comelately

Re: WSBK 2022

johnny comelately wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 09:04
Loooong overdue
Last race of the season at Philip Island on the single wheel drive open wheelers
Alvaro, Johnathon, Toprak and Alex were the only contenders in R2 which was red flagged due to an accident for Eugene , condition unknown and sadly the last race of his career.
With 5 laps to go Johnathon had the measure of Alvaro who has won the world championship this year and determined to prove he did so by merit and had been wheelspinning much more on the Ducaarti guessing he was waiting till a lap or two from the end when Alvaro was less able to repass with the nitrous ducarti oxide but alas the flag was red.
And what is great in this series no ad nauseum talk re team orders, usually the pilots call the shots and the brands have equal profile at best.
It is interesting as to who rules the roost in the different series eg, WRC, MX1, NASCAR, INDY...
Disgustingly I heard the F1 drivers referred to as employees! Yea right ...hey Christian you hop in this weekend and see how you go

Remember half the wheels, double the fun
Last edited by johnny comelately on 21 Nov 2022, 10:38, edited 1 time in total.

etusch

At this race Kawasaki's were fast, at race 1 they did good pit stop.
But at the end everything was decided. Maybe because of that there was not so much exitement for me. Again it was good to watch.

I hope kawasaki and yamah will answer ducati's straight line speed next season.

johnny comelately

Yes Etusch, somewhere around a 63 second pit stop for the two wheel changes (track to track) quite different to MotoGP and Senor Marquez's jump from one bike to the other!

etusch

I watched a video of Ducati's tyre change. One side swing arm looks easier to change.

johnny comelately

Rare onboard view with great audio for Bautistas comeback in Superpole Race at Phillip Island win on a dry dry wet dry wet wet track on wet wet dry intermediates

etusch

When I visit HRC web site I see that they say RC213V is over 241 hp. Ducati says their motogp bike is over 250 hp. Ducati's panigale is also over 240 hp which similer with RC213V. They will race in wsbk almost a motogp level bike. There is too much work to be done by yamaha and kawasaki.
By the way, as Rea emphasized, this bike's price starts from 38000 pound which is too high compared to R1 or ZX10R.

etusch

Alvaro Bautista replies to Scott Redding: 'He will always find a reason, but it will never be because I'm better than him'

About a month ago, Scott Redding reignited the debate about the existence of a minimum weight between bike and rider. At the time, the british, who left Ducati at the end of 2021 to race for BMW this year, argued that Alvaro Bautista's 53kg weight was an unfair advantage that the spaniard had over other opponents. Bautista ended up responding at the time, making clear his position of being against a possible definition of a minimum weight.

In a recent interview that the world champion gave to motociclismo.es, the current Ducati rider was asked how he experienced all this controversy with Redding. In response, Bautista was again very critical of his opponent's position and statements.

'Let's not take away Scott's moment of glory this year! From my point of view, I see him looking for external excuses as a weakness. First because this year he has been struggling with the BMW, and second because he probably didn't feel very good with the bike he was riding last year and that I came in and won. So he can't say anything about the bike [the Ducati] because otherwise they would say to him: «Why didn't you win last year?»', he replied.

The #19 continued and argued that Redding will always look for excuses:

- Yeah, I gain because of the weight because I'm lighter. Well, whatever you want... He will always find a reason, but it will never be because I'm better than him. He will never say that. I'm not saying I'm better than him, but don't look for those excuses. Look for others.
https://www.motorcyclesports.net/articl ... r-than-him

etusch

British Superbike champion Ray secures WSBK graduation
British Superbike champion Bradley Ray will step up to World Superbike in 2023 after landing a ride with the Motoxracing Yamaha squad.
https://www.motorsport.com/wsbk/news/br ... /10406294/

Hoffman900

etusch wrote:
24 Nov 2022, 13:53
When I visit HRC web site I see that they say RC213V is over 241 hp. Ducati says their motogp bike is over 250 hp. Ducati's panigale is also over 240 hp which similer with RC213V. They will race in wsbk almost a motogp level bike. There is too much work to be done by yamaha and kawasaki.
By the way, as Rea emphasized, this bike's price starts from 38000 pound which is too high compared to R1 or ZX10R.

https://i.ibb.co/McN8wLw/316241516-1414 ... 7643-n.jpg
The MotoAmerica / WSBK’s are in the 240ish bhp range. The MotoGP bikes are north of that a good clip.

Funnily enough, they have been building bigger horsepower bikes at the expense of some mechanical drive ability the last few years, and letting the electronics handle that part. Essentially “make as most power as you can and let the electronics do the torque management part” - paraphrasing Richard Stanboli, who runs the Yamaha NA Superbike program.

Excited for Gerloff to get out of the Yamaha camp and see how he does on the BMW. I’m also excited Cam Beaubier is coming back Stateside.

etusch

It looks like when technology got new levels, engines for road and cars for road will be closer to prototipes made for racing. As long as you put more money on it. For the first time I watched the vidoe I shared I was surprised.

etusch

Roumered as testing livery of Kawa

Honda Porsche fan

Have any of you been following Honda's progress in World Superbike or BSB? I was curious about their struggles, weaknesses and strengths and what really is their cause.

I watched some of the recent World Superbike races and the Honda CBR1000RR-R is performing much better, a top 4 or 5 bike now. During the last race the announcers said the Honda seemed to have a top speed advantage over the Kawasaki now, it's much harder to pass on the straights. So, the Honda has good top end power but is it the midrange and acceleration off corners that is lacking or is it the chassis/handling that is the problem?

Someone on another forum posted this about the Honda's WSBK problems below...

"The Honda has handling issues. It is not able to work with the Pirelli tires, as it was likely developed around the Bridgestones they use at Suzuka. WSBK created Super Concessions to enable manufacturers who qualify to be able to make changes outside the typical range of adjustments in the rules. In this instance, Honda is able to revise front end and (I think) swing arm pivot location more than other OEMs."

Also, off topic, I often times here the announcers in MotoGP, World Superbike and Moto America say that the Yamaha has great corner speed.

Hoffman900

The Yamaha’s work great across all the tires.

The Ducati’s developed for Pirelli’s really struggle with the Dunlops in MotoAmerica.

The Suzuki’s when developed by Yosh, really struggled with the Dunlops as well, likely because they were designed with the Bridgestones in mind.

Bikes are way more susceptible to tire carcass changes than cars seem to be.

etusch

Honda Porsche fan wrote:
01 Dec 2022, 21:22
Have any of you been following Honda's progress in World Superbike or BSB? I was curious about their struggles, weaknesses and strengths and what really is their cause.

I watched some of the recent World Superbike races and the Honda CBR1000RR-R is performing much better, a top 4 or 5 bike now. During the last race the announcers said the Honda seemed to have a top speed advantage over the Kawasaki now, it's much harder to pass on the straights. So, the Honda has good top end power but is it the midrange and acceleration off corners that is lacking or is it the chassis/handling that is the problem?

Someone on another forum posted this about the Honda's WSBK problems below...

"The Honda has handling issues. It is not able to work with the Pirelli tires, as it was likely developed around the Bridgestones they use at Suzuka. WSBK created Super Concessions to enable manufacturers who qualify to be able to make changes outside the typical range of adjustments in the rules. In this instance, Honda is able to revise front end and (I think) swing arm pivot location more than other OEMs."

Also, off topic, I often times here the announcers in MotoGP, World Superbike and Moto America say that the Yamaha has great corner speed.
I think Honda made 3R version of CBR to compete at WSBK. It's road version is able to make 300 km/h at 4th gear ( insane ) and still there are 5th and 6th. It's 215 hp but in the same time 200 kg weight. I am sure it's race version is little bit more powerfull and little bit lighter. Maybe it's power goes up 240 hp like Ducati but I don't think it's weight go down as low as 140 kg like Ducati Panigale. Weight is very important.
Honda are making Vee block engines for motocycle's too, so I think they should go for it for RR-R Sp and in the same time WSBK version too. That may solve their acceleration issue, if there is some participation of their engine in the deficit of acceleration.
Of course power/weight ratio is not only thing there that affects performance. There should be somethings more. If they can not make tyre work with the bike, tyre has so much affect on the performance that it may cause best bike to go deep down on the grid.
I would have liked to have more news about their developments. I like these kind of things much.