Wow, mods are one sided

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
UlleGulle

Re: Wow, mods are one sided

yamahasho wrote:
22 Nov 2022, 15:54
Turning to name calling by the mods clearly shows the mods need to reevaluate how they govern the threads. Oh wait you said “being” so again not a direct statement. Does it matter? Get to the point.

The mods have had every opportunity to show they’re not bias toward protecting Red Bull and only one cleared it up.

All of the Red Bull bashing posts have been deleted so it’s not so much these actions but the cover up and the constant dodging of the initial post.

Yes I am bias toward the underdog in any situation but since the initial poster doesn’t have direct evidence because the mods deleted it and people with authority who cannot give clear responses.

I think other posters can shutdown any hating or crossfire, I think eventually things will level out. Mods should give it a chance.
What you don't seem to understand is the fact that bias is a matter of perspective. Let's say I were to hold the opinion that the only reasonable punishment for the Red Bulls cost cap was to force them to use 2015 Honda engines, have Horners dogs shot, and Verstappen banned from ever racing anything with an engine. Then those arguing to have RB disqualified from the championship would, in my twisted mind, be biased towards Red Bull. I would however, be a crackpot with zero contribution to the forum.

I'm not really sure what you are looking for. Most of us hang out in this forum because we like it here. We like the discussions and we like the way they are moderated. For repeated opinions without underlaying arguments, Reddit is the place to go.

dans79

UlleGulle wrote:
22 Nov 2022, 22:19
I'm not really sure what you are looking for. Most of us hang out in this forum because we like it here. We like the discussions and we like the way they are moderated. For repeated opinions without underlaying arguments, Reddit is the place to go.
With out outing any particular moderator, I'll share with you what myself and a lot of other people I know (fans of multiple different teams and drivers), have a big issue with. Slights, digs, and insults being allowed to stand.

I've personally lost count how many times something i reported that's wasn't even directed at me was allowed to stand, and i had to contact a higher ranking moderator or Steven himself to get it removed!

How would you feel if something you saw as a personal insult or slight was just left inplace?
197 104 103 7

UlleGulle

dans79 wrote:
22 Nov 2022, 22:57
How would you feel if something you saw as a personal insult or slight was just left inplace?
Not very different, I suppose. Because it's a forum post, not the end of the world.

CMSMJ1

chrisc90 wrote:
22 Nov 2022, 19:36
Tough road to keep on the straight and narrow - but I think everyone just needs to give each other a fraction more respect for their opinion, and should someone not truly agree with a posters opinion, bring some solid facts and description to their responding post.
Exactly this above would prevent this below
dans79 wrote:
22 Nov 2022, 22:57
Slights, digs, and insults being allowed to stand.

Dans79 - keep reporting - not all will be actioned all the time - and you already see that. it won't change.

Perhaps you might not be offended on someone else's behalf - and if they don't report, or respond with a perfectly sensible reply - there's no beef because as succinctly noted below...
UlleGulle wrote:
22 Nov 2022, 23:28
Not very different, I suppose. Because it's a forum post, not the end of the world.
Also - I appreciate the notes of support in this thread and that we also have settled into a result of Mods try their best and we, together, seem to acknowledge our behaviours impact other people
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

maxxer

hollus wrote:
09 Nov 2022, 00:38
OK, just in case it is needed:
The mods are not biased towards any team. I am certainly not biased towards Red Bull, why oh why would I!?
And if there is any bias towards any team from any mod (we are only human), we try bloody hard not to be as mods.
There. The official version (and true!) on the record.
If this keeps going on just stop race threads as they always explode about just 2 drivers i think

dans79

CMSMJ1 wrote:
22 Nov 2022, 23:38
Perhaps you might not be offended on someone else's behalf - and if they don't report, or respond with a perfectly sensible reply - there's no beef because as succinctly noted below...
Some of the ones I'm thinking of, I actually pmed them as i knew them personally. Basically saying "don't respond I already reported it", mainly because i know them personally, and how they would have responded.

imo, I think everyone should report posts they think are insults or slights etc, no matter if it's aimed at them or someone else. imo one of the reason i think this place has gotten so tribal, is because to many people look the other way.
197 104 103 7

Stu

dans79 wrote:
23 Nov 2022, 00:44
imo one of the reason i think this place has gotten so tribal, is because to many people look the other way.
There are three main reasons why it has gotten so tribal here, they are:-
- people
- people
- people

.full stop.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

TimW

Note that slights, digs and insults are provocations, the aim is to get a reaction. So ignoring them is one of the best ways to deal with them. While a mod edit or warning may be effective when dealing with someone sensible, for the more hot headed it may only fuel the flame.

Wouter

TimW wrote:
23 Nov 2022, 10:45
Note that slights, digs and insults are provocations, the aim is to get a reaction. So ignoring them is one of the best ways to deal with them. While a mod edit or warning may be effective when dealing with someone sensible, for the more hot headed it may only fuel the flame.
On another forum I was stalked by someone who thought he was funny. He responded to every message of mine, funny at first,
then ridiculed me, than provoked me. I ignored that for months, hoping he would stop. So it didn't.
Meanwhile, his messages were filtered for only two weeks (!) but after two weeks he was able to go about his business again.
That short filter was of no use at all. Then I started responding to his messages myself, in a reasonable way and asking what he was actually doing. I didn't get an answer to that and he didn't change his stalking.
I then ignored him again and he just keeps going, less demeaning but still making me beachy. The result is that no one responds to him anymore and he has become a "Einzelgänger" (loner).
Did could all have been prevented if he had been banned for a long time, because he spoils/ruins the atmosphere.
The Power of Dreams!

TimW

Wouter wrote:
23 Nov 2022, 11:53
TimW wrote:
23 Nov 2022, 10:45
On another forum I was stalked by someone who thought he was funny. He responded to every message of mine, funny at first,
then ridiculed me, than provoked me. I ignored that for months, hoping he would stop. So it didn't.
Meanwhile, his messages were filtered for only two weeks (!) but after two weeks he was able to go about his business again.
That short filter was of no use at all. Then I started responding to his messages myself, in a reasonable way and asking what he was actually doing. I didn't get an answer to that and he didn't change his stalking.
I then ignored him again and he just keeps going, less demeaning but still making me beachy. The result is that no one responds to him anymore and he has become a "Einzelgänger" (loner).
Did could all have been prevented if he had been banned for a long time, because he spoils/ruins the atmosphere.
Yes of course ignoring is not always an option, only to a certain limit. If it gets out of hand I am all for banning users, although that is not effective either as they just return under a different name.

dans79

TimW wrote:
23 Nov 2022, 12:20
although that is not effective either as they just return under a different name.
Even that can be largely eliminated using two factor authentication, specifically when the second factor is texting your phone.
197 104 103 7

johnny comelately

I have just got to say, this is one hell of a forum.
Even with all its drawbacks there is nothing like it.
=D>

johnny comelately

I felt this was very worthwhile posting from the Harvard Business School (so has those overtones)
Dont take too much notice of the word racism in the title, it really is just used as an example, there are many more relative biases.
Intelligent, practical and very well articulated.

johnny comelately

Gawd, give 'em a bit of power and look what they do...
Hop out of the road and give me a go, what's the pay?
:wink:

hollus

johnny comelately wrote:
23 Nov 2022, 23:51
I have just got to say, this is one hell of a forum.
Even with all its drawbacks there is nothing like it.
=D>
johnny comelately wrote:
06 Mar 2023, 23:25
Gawd, give 'em a bit of power and look what they do...
Hop out of the road and give me a go, what's the pay?
:wink:
As draconian as it looks at times with all the removed posts (why not make the effort to follow posting guidelines in the first place?), I'd like to think that both facts are, maybe, a bit related?
Rivals, not enemies.