2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
johnny comelately

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

AR3-GP wrote:
22 Nov 2022, 19:17
basti313 wrote:
22 Nov 2022, 18:59
AR3-GP wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 21:36
.... Hungary mid-race was driver induced, as opposed to an inherent aero problem. ...
??? on a car that relies on downforce by its aero everything is an aero problem. You are driving an aero problem, you are adjusting your speed and lines to this aero problem.
I am really surprised by the wording and the difference between Max in Hungary and Charles in France...both simply ran out of downforce if you want to call both an aero problem. But it sounds like you make a difference between the two?
It's entirely subjective on my part. I think verstappen pressed the throttle too hard in Hungary (or clutch or whatever).

Whereas I felt that Charles spinning in France was very out of the blue. There was no sudden driver input. It happened not only in the race, but also in FP3 which shows how on edge the car was (after the update imo). They made an absolutely massive change to the front of the floor. Its hard to ignore it.
Another reason for these surprising spins could be a mapping issue with deployment??
I know it shouldnt happen now but remember Kimi turning hard right into the wall, was that him or mapping

Spoutnik

johnny comelately wrote:
22 Nov 2022, 22:28
AR3-GP wrote:
basti313 wrote:

??? on a car that relies on downforce by its aero everything is an aero problem. You are driving an aero problem, you are adjusting your speed and lines to this aero problem.
I am really surprised by the wording and the difference between Max in Hungary and Charles in France...both simply ran out of downforce if you want to call both an aero problem. But it sounds like you make a difference between the two?
It's entirely subjective on my part. I think verstappen pressed the throttle too hard in Hungary (or clutch or whatever).

Whereas I felt that Charles spinning in France was very out of the blue. There was no sudden driver input. It happened not only in the race, but also in FP3 which shows how on edge the car was (after the update imo). They made an absolutely massive change to the front of the floor. Its hard to ignore it.
Another reason for these surprising spins could be a mapping issue with deployment??
I know it shouldnt happen now but remember Kimi turning hard right into the wall, was that him or mapping
Leclerc went too fast in that corner IIRC
Look at this analysis :

Vanja #66

The crash was driver error, it was clear right away and analyses like these confirm it.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

basti313

AR3-GP wrote:
basti313 wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 21:36
.... Hungary mid-race was driver induced, as opposed to an inherent aero problem. ...
I agree on this. He complained about issues with shifting, but in the end it was simple oversteer.

AR3-GP wrote:
Whereas I felt that Charles spinning in France was very out of the blue. There was no sudden driver input.
He simply send it too hot into the corner. He understeered way off the line....once his rear wheel was on the blue stripe (no grip!) he started spinning.
So in principle you are 100% right, it was out of the blue (stripe) :mrgreen: =D>
Don`t russel the hamster!

AR3-GP

Charles Leclerc is approaching year 6. Charles will be lucky if he managed to fight for the title already from 2023. Verstappen did not have a championship worthy drive until his 7th season.

The only drivers in recent history that won championships much sooner are Hamilton and Vettel. It's uncommon. It suggest Charles has no need to be a hurry. He's still in good company and really has not had to wait all that long compared to many others.

Schippke

AR3-GP wrote:
24 Nov 2022, 06:37
Charles Leclerc is approaching year 6. Charles will be lucky if he managed to fight for the title already from 2023. Verstappen did not have a championship worthy drive until his 7th season.

The only drivers in recent history that won championships much sooner are Hamilton and Vettel. It's uncommon. It suggest Charles has no need to be a hurry. He's still in good company and really has not had to wait all that long compared to many others.
I think the concern moving forward is less about Charles' making mistakes... and more so about Ferrari ironing out theirs. Yes he has made a noteworthy few this season, but compared to the amount the team made? Heavily weighted on one side...

I have no concerns about him winning a drivers title (or multiple) in the future. Whether that happens with Ferrari though at this stage is the question...

Spoutnik

Apparently next year's car will suit Carlos more.
Sainz Snr said it at AD.

deadhead

Spoutnik wrote:
24 Nov 2022, 21:32
Sainz Snr said it at AD.
They should make a car that suits the more talented driver, not the other way around.

AR3-GP

The Sainz sr story is being blown out of proportion. Aerodynamicist don't sit around thinking about how make a car suit a driver. They go for downforce alone.

Spoutnik

Vanja #66

Significantly better is what they need just to be on paar with RB19. Red Bull has the upper hand and knows clearly what is needed to be faster than RB18, other teams don't.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Spoutnik

Spoutnik wrote:
25 Nov 2022, 08:37
I posted this to say this technical team has the potential to procude the car needed to win both championship.
Sainz mistakes and Leclerc unlucky moments (+2 mistakes) cost Ferrari too much.
But to me, they didn't lost the development race this year until Hungary/TD39 Ferrari was on par with the RB18 in the hands of Max, or a bit faster.

Operationnally Ferrari has to improve but this team build the fastest car since 2018/2010, coming back from the deadwood of 2020, while taking some risks on the design. They are pretty good.

MrGapes

Binotto-Ferrari: official on team principal's resignation and farewell in hours.

https://www.corriere.it/sport/formula-1 ... refresh_ce

Sevach

deadhead wrote:
24 Nov 2022, 23:24
Spoutnik wrote:
24 Nov 2022, 21:32
Sainz Snr said it at AD.
They should make a car that suits the more talented driver, not the other way around.
Coincidence or not, Sainz was much closer to Leclerc on pace down the stretch but the car performance just wasn't there anymore...

In comparison Red Bull found improvement this season not just in developing the car but in "unlocking it" for Max.
Last edited by Sevach on 27 Nov 2022, 19:36, edited 1 time in total.