2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
chrisc90

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

AR3-GP wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 18:15
kediown wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 18:05
kediown wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 17:59

I saw that comment from Reddit. It was one of their articles about Brazil talking about Redbull's pace, I tried to find out checking from AMuS myself now but probably it's under paywall or I failed to find so
edit: found it https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... habi-2022/
Thank you! It makes sense that this occurred. They also abandoned the light weight chassis due to cost.
I thought it was signed off by the FIA for crash tests?

I wonder if they will introduce it next year

AR3-GP

chrisc90 wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 18:21
AR3-GP wrote:
kediown wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 18:05

edit: found it https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... habi-2022/
Thank you! It makes sense that this occurred. They also abandoned the light weight chassis due to cost.

They will be under the weight limit before ballasting without doubt next year.

BlueCheetah66

AR3-GP wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 18:55
chrisc90 wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 18:21
AR3-GP wrote:

They will be under the weight limit before ballasting without doubt next year.
I feel like it is inevitable most teams will end up below or very close to the weight limit next year seeing as it is guaranteed performance

AR3-GP

Perez got all the good pitstops this year. I think he has the 10 fastest stops for RB. What's up with that....

napoleon1981

AR3-GP wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 00:57
Perez got all the good pitstops this year. I think he has the 10 fastest stops for RB. What's up with that....
Is it the same team that services both cars? Same people changing the wheels etc?

I felt like Verstappen had most fast ones last year? not sure i ever saw a final chart.
edit looked it up: https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12538 ... award-2021 Last year it was Max

AR3-GP

napoleon1981 wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 02:50
AR3-GP wrote:
21 Nov 2022, 00:57
Is it the same team that services both cars? Same people changing the wheels etc?

I felt like Verstappen had most fast ones last year? not sure i ever saw a final chart.
edit looked it up: https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12538 ... award-2021 Last year it was Max
Yeah Perez had all the bad stops last year to be fair. :lol: . It seems to have switched around this season. Especially after the summer break.

Neither driver should be getting bad stops :lol: . I wonder if it's related to using older components which have more wear on them due to the budget caps.

This was discussed on one of the practice sessions during a recent race weekend. One of the Sky pundits said they asked RB about this and one of the responses was that Checo hits his pitstop marks inch perfect (apparently thisbwas supported by folks from Checo's previous teams as well).

There was also some speculation that the team doesnt need to rush for Max this year given the leads hes had. Better to take a few extra tenths and make sure everything goes smooth.

AR3-GP

Has there been any rumors on the RB19 development? I've heard all sorts of stuff about their nearest rivals heading into '23 but not much if anything for RB.

Henk_v

They'll go zeropod and nail it, they will outclass ferrari with a RB/AM sidepod and mercedes with a ferrari sidepod. 8)

Honestly, I think you can learn most from how the car was adapted and then envision where they were limited with the current packaging. They've maximised the undercut of the sidepods and worked the rear of the engine cover/cokebottle. That's where I suspect they will do some repackaging for more extreme aero.

They also might take their aero concept to another level with yet some form of innovatieve concept that will shock us when revealed, but I doubt they'll risk it.

Additionally, this year has proven how much aerodynamic frivolities are allowed. Especially merc have been trailblazing some aero thay I am surprised they were allowed to keep. Also more and more small wings around i.e. the AM cockpit. All cars were rather clean coming into the season and nobody dared depending on them. As it is now more clear what aero will be allowed, they are probably going to be a bit more fundamental to the chosen concepts.

Sieper

That is something that I always find surprising. Here are the rules. Everyone complies. Then they al start making nibbling little changes, incrementally more and more. and at no point does this get stopped until we are way outside the rules.

The mercedes mirror streak hanging from the underside of that crash structure winglet are one of those things. the mirror is topside, how is a streak on the bottom a mirror support?

But no one complains as they all have aero mirror supports and no one wants to lose their own.

Henk_v

Begs the question; what does the leniency add? If they just said "no", and a support remained a support, we would not have different racing. These are minor tweaks. Bandages to solve aerodynamic wrongs.
I do like to nerd over them, but essentially its a lot of fuzz and politics over second digit gains.

Coming into the season everybody was frightened we'd get 13 in a dozen cars, so maybe they got a bit soft in their delight that teams found diverged interpretations. I sure do hope 23 brings forth some new and crazy interpretations, but convergence will probably happen.

Apart from the sidepot inlet, the RB sidepod was not that crazy, just really effective.

I think they should lower the weight limit by 50kg's. That would spice up some crazy development.

AR3-GP

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... d-porsche/

Potential stumbling point for RB. Honda seem to not be interested in any joint venture w/ RBPT. They want to built their own PU. Honestly I am very circumspect about RBPT and their ability to pick up where Honda left off.

If it was me, I'd want Honda to supply the '26 PU. RBPT will just have to be a casualty in the name of maintaining a guaranteed best in class PU.

A bad PU can stifle a team for an entire era, RB know that very well.

Wouter

Ricciardo Returns!

Eight-time Grand Prix winner, Daniel Ricciardo returns to Oracle Red Bull Racing as our Third Driver.
Written by Oracle Red Bull Racing
Published on 23.11.2022 · 13:48 UTC+1

This may be our worst kept secret, but the rumours are true – Daniel Ricciardo will return home and re-join the Team
as our third driver for 2023.
Bringing a wealth of experience and character, Daniel will assist the Team with testing and Sim work,
as well as commercial activity.
https://www.redbullracing.com/int-en/da ... nt=Article

Last edited by Wouter on 23 Nov 2022, 16:36, edited 1 time in total.
The Power of Dreams!

selvam_e2002

It means, Perez last season with RB.

RonMexico

AR3-GP wrote:
22 Nov 2022, 19:22
https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... d-porsche/

Potential stumbling point for RB. Honda seem to not be interested in any joint venture w/ RBPT. They want to built their own PU. Honestly I am very circumspect about RBPT and their ability to pick up where Honda left off.

If it was me, I'd want Honda to supply the '26 PU. RBPT will just have to be a casualty in the name of maintaining a guaranteed best in class PU.

A bad PU can stifle a team for an entire era, RB know that very well.
Tricky one. Can you trust Honda to be there in 2030?