FIA Thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Wouter

Re: FIA Thread

f1jcw wrote:
23 Nov 2022, 17:33
caddy wrote:
23 Nov 2022, 16:59
dans79 wrote:
23 Nov 2022, 16:31
more relevant!

https://www.racefans.net/2022/11/23/fia ... step-down/
When such a statement needed to be made, it means there was an issue to be whitewashed. I think this was pushed by Redbull.
wow, with that leap and bound, you could jump over a mountain :wtf:
Do you think? Normally when you say goodbye at work, your employer doesn't thank you for your integrity.
Integrity is something that goes without saying. You are thanked for a lot of things, but not for your integrity,
unless there is doubt about it, and many people have, hence that statement.
The Power of Dreams!

dans79

Wouter wrote:
23 Nov 2022, 18:07
f1jcw wrote:
23 Nov 2022, 17:33
caddy wrote:
23 Nov 2022, 16:59
When such a statement needed to be made, it means there was an issue to be whitewashed. I think this was pushed by Redbull.
wow, with that leap and bound, you could jump over a mountain :wtf:
Do you think? Normally when you say goodbye at work, your employer doesn't thank you for your integrity.
Integrity is something that goes without saying. You are thanked for a lot of things, but not for your integrity,
unless there is doubt about it, and many people have, hence that statement.
Given the number of clowns the FIA has employed in the past (including some of the presidents), integrity doesn't seem like something all to common to the organization!
197 104 103 7

GrizzleBoy

She was an interim appointment after another person vacated the role at the FIA.

This was also her previous job at the FIA before she joined Mercedes.

Now she's moving on from the interim position.

It seems a bit less dramatic than the "after just six months" reporting from Andrew Bensons tweet

caddy

GrizzleBoy wrote:
23 Nov 2022, 18:25
She was an interim appointment after another person vacated the role at the FIA.

It seems a bit less dramatic than the "after just six months" reporting from Andrew Bensons tweet
The context is really interesting one. Peter Bayer, whom Shaila replaced, was the general secretary of Motorsport for FIA and had just become F1 executive director prior to Abu Dhabi 2021. He was responsible for overall F1 operations in the new role. After the controversy of AD, he was on the FIA investigation committee that looked into the controversy. In the aftermath when Michael Masi was let go, Peter decided to leave FIA. Guess who demanded Masi's head? Interestingly, it was the Mercedes person that replaced Peter Bayer! Shaila was also responsible for changing some of cost cap regulations which also played a hand in Redbull's misery. Toto gets to know the cost cap breach before FIA announced it. Now Shaila leaves after Redbull settled the matter with FIA!

There seems to be a lot that has gone on in the background that people aren't aware of. Ben Sulayem doesn't seem like an individual that knows how to drive FIA. Just another guy with money bags that wants to buy things.

Mosin123

caddy wrote:
23 Nov 2022, 20:12
GrizzleBoy wrote:

The context is really interesting one. Peter Bayer, whom Shaila replaced, was the general secretary of Motorsport for FIA and had just become F1 executive director prior to Abu Dhabi 2021. He was responsible for overall F1 operations in the new role. After the controversy of AD, he was on the FIA investigation committee that looked into the controversy. In the aftermath when Michael Masi was let go, Peter decided to leave FIA. Guess who demanded Masi's head? Interestingly, it was the Mercedes person that replaced Peter Bayer! Shaila was also responsible for changing some of cost cap regulations which also played a hand in Redbull's misery. Toto gets to know the cost cap breach before FIA announced it. Now Shaila leaves after Redbull settled the matter with FIA!

There seems to be a lot that has gone on in the background that people aren't aware of. Ben Sulayem doesn't seem like an individual that knows how to drive FIA. Just another guy with money bags that wants to buy things.
Was it not pretty much every team that demanded Masis head? To say ir was down to just one person seems a bit targeted when every single team apart from Redbull and its sister team publicly demanded he was removed from his role for various reasons during his time as race director?

Sieper

Where is this temporary title suddenly coming from? Can someone produce any information about that from before she was let go?

This stinks.

dans79

Sieper wrote:
23 Nov 2022, 23:41
Where is this temporary title suddenly coming from? Can someone produce any information about that from before she was let go?

This stinks.
June 1st 2022
https://www.fia.com/news/fia-announces- ... la-ann-rao
Peter Bayer will be replaced on an interim basis by Shaila-Ann Rao, who has just returned to the FIA.
197 104 103 7

Sieper

That indeed was there on the original appointment.

caddy

Mosin123 wrote:
23 Nov 2022, 20:32
caddy wrote:
GrizzleBoy wrote:

Was it not pretty much every team that demanded Masis head? To say ir was down to just one person seems a bit targeted when every single team apart from Redbull and its sister team publicly demanded he was removed from his role for various reasons during his time as race director?
No.

Mosin123

caddy wrote:
24 Nov 2022, 02:52
Mosin123 wrote:
caddy wrote:

No.
Horner said Redbull ( Not even its sister team ) Supported Masi.. ill quote "“At the meeting in London, I made it clear that Masi needs more support,” said Horner. “I am disappointed that no one shared this opinion. Red Bull was the only team to support Masi.”"

Ill repeat, No team but Redbull thought Masi did a good job and should be kept on, All agreed the role is to much for just 1 man. but none wanted Masi kept on but Redbull, Even the engineers wanted him gone according to Storey " “Dinner with some F1 engineers this eve. All admit Lewis Hamilton was robbed & Masi should be fired & decision reversed,” Storey tweeted.".

Find me some public statements to change my opinion and i might, but it would have to be good to change it, cause i cant find a single team / person but Redbull / Max who actively supported Masi and all his mess ups during his time as race director.

Wouter

Joining the FIA in the near future, American-born Natalie Robyn is a leading international executive with over 15 years experience in both the automotive and financial sectors. Prior to joining the Federation she has held a variety of senior management positions at Volvo, Nissan and DaimlerChrysler.

In this new role, she will be responsible for the successful operation and financial performance of an integrated and aligned FIA administration, as well as driving the overall strategy to deliver the leadership’s vision of reform the Federation.

Natalie will also develop new commercial growth plans to increase and diversify the FIA’s revenue streams, ensuring financial stability to provide more resources for our Members.

Commenting on the appointment the President of the FIA Mohammed Ben Sulayem said:
“The appointment of Natalie Robyn as our first ever CEO is a transformative moment for our Federation. Her extensive experience and leadership will be crucial to improving our finances, governance and operations. She has a proven track record of delivering diversification and growth, as well as developing executive leadership capabilities which will be an extremely valuable asset to the FIA and our Members and I welcome her to the team.”
In this new role, she [Robyn] will be responsible for the successful operation and financial performance of an integrated and aligned FIA administration, as well as driving the overall strategy to deliver the leadership’s vision of reform the Federation.
It seems to me that Robyn will get Rao's original first position, but will NOT be Bayer's replacement, as this above I quoted was not Bayer's job responsibilities.
So it is now waiting for the next interim employee for Bayer's position.
The Power of Dreams!

caddy

Mosin123 wrote:
24 Nov 2022, 13:40
caddy wrote:
Mosin123 wrote:

No.
Horner said Redbull ( Not even its sister team ) Supported Masi.. ill quote "“At the meeting in London, I made it clear that Masi needs more support,” said Horner. “I am disappointed that no one shared this opinion. Red Bull was the only team to support Masi.”"

Ill repeat, No team but Redbull thought Masi did a good job and should be kept on, All agreed the role is to much for just 1 man. but none wanted Masi kept on but Redbull, Even the engineers wanted him gone according to Storey " “Dinner with some F1 engineers this eve. All admit Lewis Hamilton was robbed & Masi should be fired & decision reversed,” Storey tweeted.".

Find me some public statements to change my opinion and i might, but it would have to be good to change it, cause i cant find a single team / person but Redbull / Max who actively supported Masi and all his mess ups during his time as race director.
Teams disagreed on Masi's decision. Nobody proposed or voted (ofcourse there was no voting) for his removal except for Mercedes pushing for it. They are two different things.

diffuser

chrisc90 wrote:
23 Nov 2022, 14:47
littlebigcat wrote:
23 Nov 2022, 14:43
chrisc90 wrote:
23 Nov 2022, 14:25
Sounds like a good riddance
Why’s that?
The whole thing seems a bit odd really in my opinion. I think the results were leaked out, especially when others knew before the team in question did. The fact that Toto and Binotto both failed to show up to the race before - citing cost concerns - yet toto has use of a private plane that many other members of staff use.

Just seems a bit ‘off’ if you ask me.
They shot the messenger!

diffuser

caddy wrote:
24 Nov 2022, 14:12
Mosin123 wrote:
caddy wrote:
No.

Teams disagreed on Masi's decision. Nobody proposed or voted (ofcourse there was no voting) for his removal except for Mercedes pushing for it. They are two different things.
No surprise really that Horner/RBR would support Masi. Masi's staying colours the 2021 victory in a positive light. While his departure is a kind of "admission" by the FIA of an error.

Mosin123

caddy wrote:
24 Nov 2022, 14:12
Mosin123 wrote:
caddy wrote:
No.

Ill take Horners words for it thanks, unless you can provide a link In which a team come out after the important meeting in London ( Which is where it was all concluded and agreed with all the teams and the FIA "Ben Sulayem believed the changes were necessary to ensure public trust in the rules being applied correctly and that they had the unanimous support of F1’s CEO, Stefano Domenicali, and the team principals." ) that followed Horners position?, i dont think you will find any... Because as Horner said, Nobdy wanted Masi to remain on, Not just because of the last race but for a number of incidents during his time.