Temporary bans for keyboard warriors

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
dans79

Re: Temporary bans for keyboard warriors

west52keep64 wrote:
25 Nov 2022, 21:56
You can post an in depth analysis of something with lots of citation etc. but because it potentially proves a point someone else disagrees with, they basically choose anarchy to get the thread locked and end the discussion. I must admit, I have to applaud the effectiveness.
I've talked in private with several people about this over the last 18 months or so. Several have decided to just leave for greener pastures!
197 104 103 7

Stu

Makes it sound like the gunpowder plot…
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

DDopey

dans79 wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 18:07
west52keep64 wrote:
You can post an in depth analysis of something with lots of citation etc. but because it potentially proves a point someone else disagrees with, they basically choose anarchy to get the thread locked and end the discussion. I must admit, I have to applaud the effectiveness.
I've talked in private with several people about this over the last 18 months or so. Several have decided to just leave for greener pastures!
And I know for a fact at least one person left a couple of years ago because of you and others behaviors.

Wouter

DDopey wrote:
30 Nov 2022, 09:08
dans79 wrote:
west52keep64 wrote:
And I know for a fact at least one person left a couple of years ago because of you and others behaviors.
I also want to say something about that.
A few years ago I got some people excited about this forum and they signed up and started posting. They were not familiar with this forum.
That became less and less after a few months and two years ago they stopped visiting this forum completely, not even to read.
The reason was the fanatical behavior of a number of forum members who could not tolerate a critical word about their team/driver. Their own driver was portrayed as a God, there was only one good driver, the best of all time
These people were in charge here.
I never recommended this forum again after that and regretted doing it to so many people years ago.
I was accused of not telling them about it beforehand.
The Power of Dreams!

RonMexico

Wouter wrote:
30 Nov 2022, 10:03
DDopey wrote:
30 Nov 2022, 09:08
dans79 wrote:

I also want to say something about that.
A few years ago I got some people excited about this forum and they signed up and started posting. They were not familiar with this forum.
That became less and less after a few months and two years ago they stopped visiting this forum completely, not even to read.
The reason was the fanatical behavior of a number of forum members who could not tolerate a critical word about their team/driver. Their own driver was portrayed as a God, there was only one good driver, the best of all time
These people were in charge here.
I never recommended this forum again after that and regretted doing it to so many people years ago.
I was accused of not telling them about it beforehand.
That behaviour is blatantly obvious. A bunch of children throwing toys out of the pram over any negative chat about said team/driver. You can see some interesting comments that were made only recently by a bunch of them over a pretty indefensible act

djos

There are also a bunch of new members here (eg from 2021) that cant seem to cope with logical discussions and get super defensive when any criticism is levelled at "their" team .... even when that criticism is coming from the teams star driver! #-o
"In downforce we trust"

hollus

Descending into a ranting thread.
Rivals, not enemies.