General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
JordanMugen

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

Wouter wrote:
24 Nov 2022, 12:59
Honda really wants to build the new PU together with RBPT, but they would prefer to have their own team as well.
That is the point that Helmut Marko is still negotiating. He is going back to Japan end of this week, he told Servus TV.
So Red Bull-Honda from Milton Keynes plus Honda-Honda from Faenza with Tsunoda and Iwasa driving?

It's no crazier than the Super Aguri plan! :D

Bill

JordanMugen wrote:
12 Dec 2022, 14:30
Wouter wrote:
Honda really wants to build the new PU together with RBPT, but they would prefer to have their own team as well.
That is the point that Helmut Marko is still negotiating. He is going back to Japan end of this week, he told Servus TV.
So Red Bull-Honda from Milton Keynes plus Honda-Honda from Faenza with Tsunoda and Iwasa driving?

It's no crazier than the Super Aguri plan! :D
make sence if you want control over marketing ,Honda have been developing all those drivers with redbull i think they have a long term plan for f1 assault

FW17

Honda registers with FIA for 2026 F1 engine rules

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hond ... /10410524/

AR3-GP

Ford badge job... Honda...stop this madness!

AR3-GP

Apparently some Honda F1 expertise made it's way to the Acura lmdh program: https://www.motorsport.com/imsa/news/ac ... /10411485/

The HPD engine makes a strange noise under braking.

Wazari

AR3-GP wrote:
15 Dec 2022, 02:49
Apparently some Honda F1 expertise made it's way to the Acura lmdh program: https://www.motorsport.com/imsa/news/ac ... /10411485/

8) 8) 8)
“If Honda does not race, there is no Honda.”

“Success represents the 1% of your work which results from the 99% that is called failure.”

-- Honda Soichiro

JordanMugen

AR3-GP wrote:
14 Dec 2022, 18:58
There is a nice symmetry in Ford, the effective founder and financier of Stewart-Ford coming back to badge the RBPT power units.

Honda have certainly missed a trick by passing up on the opportunity to do RBPT ERS in conjunction with naming rights sponsorship, if they choose to not pursue that, indeed if Honda had not announced the withdrawal maybe RBPT would never have been setup and Honda could have continued as a full supplier for RBR for 2026 regulations on, but oh well.

Hopefully the units are badged Red Bull - Honda again at least for 2023-2025. Better to have some success and then move on, than to have no success at all! :)

lio007

AR3-GP wrote:
15 Dec 2022, 02:49

It really does:

Juzh

Bill wrote:
12 Dec 2022, 11:27
Wouter wrote:
redbull should just do their own thing and live other car manufacture alone they never being too keen to share credits with anyone when they are winning
u're nuts, i cant count how many times honda personnel were on podium or how many times rb thanked honda in past couple of years, but yeah, by all means, keep living in your dream world

JordanMugen

JordanMugen wrote:
15 Dec 2022, 07:50
Hopefully the units are badged Red Bull - Honda again at least for 2023-2025. Better to have some success and then move on, than to have no success at all! :)
They will be badged "Honda RBPT". That's a little confusing! Does that mean race victories, fingers crossed, add to Honda statistics or not? :?:

I note Aston Martin chassis are "Aston Martin Aramco" so do wins add to the Aston Martin constructor tally (not that historic Aston Martin had any) or do they only add to the tally of Aston Martin Aramco constructor victories?

https://www.fia.com/events/fia-formula- ... ship-entry

AR3-GP

JordanMugen wrote:
15 Dec 2022, 15:55
JordanMugen wrote:
They will be badged "Honda RBPT". That's a little confusing! Does that mean race victories, fingers crossed, add to Honda statistics or not? :?:
:wtf: Fascinating...

AR3-GP

JordanMugen wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:
14 Dec 2022, 18:58
There is a nice symmetry in Ford, the effective founder and financier of Stewart-Ford coming back to badge the RBPT power units.

Honda have certainly missed a trick by passing up on the opportunity to do RBPT ERS in conjunction with naming rights sponsorship, if they choose to not pursue that, indeed if Honda had not announced the withdrawal maybe RBPT would never have been setup and Honda could have continued as a full supplier for RBR for 2026 regulations on, but oh well.

What's confusing to me is that Honda stated that they are not so much interested in ICE anymore. The opportunity to build the ES and MGU-K for Redbull, and badge it a "Honda-RBPT" is golden. It perfectly suits their future interest to step away from the ICE.

So why now does Honda want to go it alone in 2026 and build a ICE again? I don't understand yet.

If anything, Honda is such a formidable competitor that I worry that a RBPT PU will be very much inferior to a Honda PU in 2026.

Bill

Juzh wrote:
15 Dec 2022, 13:33
Bill wrote:
Wouter wrote:
redbull should just do their own thing and live other car manufacture alone they never being too keen to share credits with anyone when they are winning
u're nuts, i cant count how many times honda personnel were on podium or how many times rb thanked honda in past couple of years, but yeah, by all means, keep living in your dream world
you talking about gestures ,lip service what i expect from redbull is something tangible and more substance like big clear honda emblem on their car or japanese driver.Honda spent more on pu than Rbr on car so they earned the right to be visible.even the media only talk about efficient Rbr so Honda is not getting the recognition it deserve so the came to the realisation that the so do their own thing ,i sure that not good news for red bull fans.

AR3-GP

Bill wrote:
15 Dec 2022, 18:44
Juzh wrote:
Bill wrote:

you talking about gestures ,lip service what i expect from redbull is something tangible and more substance like big clear honda emblem on their car or japanese driver.Honda spent more on pu than Rbr on car so they earned the right to be visible.even the media only talk about efficient Rbr so Honda is not getting the recognition it deserve so the came to the realisation that the so do their own thing ,i sure that not good news for red bull fans.

Liveries, sponsor placement, and so on is all negotiated in contracts before a season begins. It doesn't matter if you think Red Bull should put Honda logos on the car for free or if you think that the drivers and team should skip all the press events with their other sponsors in order to do Honda promotion for free. That's not how this works. These are for profit businesses. Red Bull didn't use the Honda name this season, because Honda didn't want them to. Do you recall that Honda pulled out?

Your confusion stems from your first post. Your belief that "redbull should just do their own thing and live other car manufacture alone they never being too keen to share credits with anyone when they are winning".

Juzh

Bill wrote:
15 Dec 2022, 18:44
Juzh wrote:
Bill wrote:

ignorant, goldfish memory, hateful attitude

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... TdWps.html
Team boss Christian Horner said: “We had all been looking forward to giving Honda’s Japanese fans a chance to celebrate our extremely successful relationship in Formula 1, on home soil at Suzuka.

"With the race falling victim to the pandemic, we just couldn’t let the weekend pass without paying tribute to Honda and its amazing home fans by bringing a little bit of its heritage to Istanbul.

"The livery chosen for our cars pays homage to Honda’s remarkable F1 journey and hopefully we can give fans another victory in those legendary colours this weekend.

No one can now for certain how much honda spent on their PU, another ignorant thing to say. Meanwhile RB spent more than 300 mil a year before cap and since cap around 280-300 mil IIRC. Real pocket change indeed.

Still waiting on mclaren to send a mercedes rep on the podium