Oracle Red Bull Racing RB19 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
carisi2k

Re: Oracle Red Bull Racing RB19 Speculation Thread

ME4ME wrote:
14 Jan 2023, 20:50
I expect the real race-ready RB19 to only be released on the last day of testing or at FP1 at the first race. That's pretty much been the trend lately.

It might well be that they show some RB18-19 hybrid in NY but nothing that will ever hit the track in 2023 in that configuration.
I believe you to be just about spot on with this assertion. It will either be an RB18 with the 23 floor or the FIA show car with the 23 floor shown in New York. The actual RB19 will be at the last test.

Blackout

What makes you believe that RB wont do like almost every F1 team since 1950, including RB, and run the real new RB at day 1 in testing? teams that do otherwise are exceptions.
Do we have a statement or a specific info about this?
Or is this usual broken record/myth/cliché of "the completely new car bla bla" ?

The race-ready car?
Every team runs its race-ready car... in the first race...

That's pretty much been the trend lately.
The trend since Jesus Christ is to run the real car from day 1 in winter testing. So the car that runs in the last day, or in race 1, is 'just' an evolved car with some updates.
The 2022 or 2019 Merc or 2012-2013 RBR are not even exceptions. They just updated their day 1 car more heavily/aggressively than usual.

The exceptions are... I dont even remember (any idea?), so much it's a rare/old practice that a team ""races a completely different car from testing""
Maybe Ferrari in 2003 and 2001, but this is also a different case...

Launches are a different subject.

Venturiation

Blackout wrote:
20 Jan 2023, 10:47
What makes you believe that RB wont do like almost every F1 team since 1950, including RB, and run the real new RB at day 1 in testing? teams that do otherwise are exceptions.
Do we have a statement or a specific info about this?
Or is this usual broken record/myth/cliché of "the completely new car bla bla" ?

The race-ready car?
Every team runs its race-ready car... in the first race...

That's pretty much been the trend lately.
The trend since Jesus Christ is to run the real car from day 1 in winter testing. So the car that runs in the last day, or in race 1, is 'just' an evolved car with some updates.
The 2022 or 2019 Merc or 2012-2013 RBR are not even exceptions. They just updated their day 1 car more heavily/aggressively than usual.

The exceptions are... I dont even remember (any idea?), so much it's a rare/old practice that a team ""races a completely different car from testing""
Maybe Ferrari in 2003 and 2001, but this is also a different case...

Launches are a different subject.
I don’t know why people started to think that no one brings the real car to testing, some are saying redbull and Mercedes will bring last year’s car :lol:

Stu

It’s no great secret that a big part of the RB18 performance capability was due to the sophistication and suitability of the suspension systems (front & rear).
Now that the world and it’s pet hamster have had time to work out the kinematics of the system, how do RedBull continue?
Do they develop (reduce mass, improve functionality) based on year of working and racing or do they have something waiting that is even better.
My belief is that it will be the most copied/interpreted thing from 2022 on the grid this year!
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Wazari

Stu wrote:
20 Jan 2023, 14:54
It’s no great secret that a big part of the RB18 performance capability was due to the sophistication and suitability of the suspension systems (front & rear).
Now that the world and it’s pet hamster have had time to work out the kinematics of the system, how do RedBull continue?
Do they develop (reduce mass, improve functionality) based on year of working and racing or do they have something waiting that is even better.
My belief is that it will be the most copied/interpreted thing from 2022 on the grid this year!
I just got off a conference call with some ex-colleagues now at RBPT and the folks at Red Bull are sure excited about the RB19.
“If Honda does not race, there is no Honda.”

“Success represents the 1% of your work which results from the 99% that is called failure.”

-- Honda Soichiro

AR3-GP

Wazari wrote:
25 Jan 2023, 01:37
Stu wrote:
20 Jan 2023, 14:54
I just got off a conference call with some ex-colleagues now at RBPT and the folks at Red Bull are sure excited about the RB19.
well now you have my attention :lol:

chrisc90

This has me a little bit too excited at hearing that!

organic

Always good to hear that before the season gets started =D>

Blackout

Will RB replace its air-air intercoolers with the modern water-air one that Acura seems to be using?
viewtopic.php?t=30141&p=1108079#p1108079

FW17

Blackout wrote:
25 Jan 2023, 07:34
Will RB replace its air-air intercoolers with the modern water-air one that Acura seems to be using?
viewtopic.php?t=30141&p=1108079#p1108079
I doubt it can be done the way HPD is doing it within the intake manifold as the parts are frozen. But if they do it in front of the engine, it will require a redesign of the back of the monocoque. Honda F1 for sure would have had access to the HPD design prior to the start of the 2022 season, if Red Bull and Honda were not interested in the change then, I don't see any compelling case now

organic

https://racingnews365.com/the-benefits- ... n-for-2023
The rumours filtering through are striking, because it seems that although a strong link between the RB18 and the RB19 will be noticeable, the latter will be a totally new single-seater, in terms of aerodynamic design, making wholesale changes to what was one of its most competitive aspects last year. Sources very close to the Milton Keynes team report that 90 percent of the aerodynamic surfaces of the new car will be different from those of the RB18.
Really very little to no information other than that in the article. Nothingburger and honestly the 90% number is probably BS based on Aston Martin's figure that they stated plainly in an interview.

Article does claim that RB will seek a continuation/development of the rb18's aerodynamic concept, but who wouldn't guess that :lol:

Blackout

I stopped reading at "Author: Paolo Filisetti"

organic

Blackout wrote:
30 Jan 2023, 08:01
I stopped reading at "Author: Paolo Filisetti"
:lol: :lol:

He slipped one by me

AR3-GP

but but the "sources"
Sources very close to the Milton Keynes team report that 90 percent of the aerodynamic surfaces of the new car will be different from those of the RB18.

AR3-GP

organic wrote:
30 Jan 2023, 07:49
https://racingnews365.com/the-benefits- ... n-for-2023
The rumours filtering through are striking, because it seems that although a strong link between the RB18 and the RB19 will be noticeable, the latter will be a totally new single-seater, in terms of aerodynamic design, making wholesale changes to what was one of its most competitive aspects last year. Sources very close to the Milton Keynes team report that 90 percent of the aerodynamic surfaces of the new car will be different from those of the RB18.
Really very little to no information other than that in the article. Nothingburger and honestly the 90% number is probably BS based on Aston Martin's figure that they stated plainly in an interview.

Article does claim that RB will seek a continuation/development of the rb18's aerodynamic concept, but who wouldn't guess that :lol:
I am reposting this from the Autosport forum RB thread:
Reported in Dutch press, who quote Italian Autosprint

The RB19 will be ninety percent a new concept. "That's why a camouflaged RB18 will be shown in New York on February 3."

"From an aerodynamic point of view, the RB19 will be very different"
Still, it is quite strange that Red Bull chooses to develop the car drastically. Earlier there was talk of an upgrade of the car that won the title in a dominant way last year. "From an aerodynamic point of view, the car will be very different. The roundings, the edges and the developments of the surfaces in direct contact with the air will not correspond to the concept of the RB18.'

So many adjustments will also be made under the car. After all, the floor is now the most important part to generate downforce. These changes are based on accurate analysis of performance and data from the 2022 season. Under the leadership of Pierre Waché, and under the supervision of Adrian Newey, the team appears to have significantly increased performance and is likely to maintain its competitive advantage.”

:o