Adverts 2023

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
chrisc90

Adverts 2023

Anyone noticed adverts when scrolling threads on mobile?

Have they just been added as take up a lot of space when scrolling down as stays at the top of the screen.

chrisc90

Re: Adverts

For example 2 here.

image storage online

the EDGE

I’ve always thought Stephen should be making money from advertising from the forum site, he has put a lifetimes worth of work into it after all

So for me, to see advertising is actually pleasing

That said, I do hope that their placement does not end up interfering with the usability of F1 technical on mobile phones, like they do with some sites

chrisc90

the EDGE wrote:
31 Jan 2023, 16:27
I’ve always thought Stephen should be making money from advertising from the forum site, he has put a lifetimes worth of work into it after all

So for me, to see advertising is actually pleasing

That said, I do hope that their placement does not end up interfering with the usability of F1 technical on mobile phones, like they do with some sites
I agree there. But I’ve never seen it until today when they started to pop up.
On the desktop I’ve got google ads disabled so don’t see them

Big Tea

How come you get girls that want to meet you, and all I get is people trying to sell me stuff I don't need?

You can close the box by clicking the x, but don't know if it stays gone
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

CMSMJ1

I think I've seen more on desktop site too - I'll ask whether this is expected or not.

I only get ads for things I don't want to buy too....
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

Soalar

Big Tea wrote:
31 Jan 2023, 18:18
How come you get girls that want to meet you, and all I get is people trying to sell me stuff I don't need?

The adverts are tailored to your browsing preferences 😉. The internet seems to think I want to buy a McLaren in Warsaw. No dating apps for me.

chrisc90

Haha, I was waiting for that browsing preferences on to come along haha.

Unfortunately adverts are completely random and completely unrelated to any interests at all.

I have never ever had any on iphone/chrome until today and they seem to have took over.

for example again:

Soalar

chrisc90 wrote:
31 Jan 2023, 20:40
Haha, I was waiting for that browsing preferences on to come along haha.

Unfortunately adverts are completely random and completely unrelated to any interests at all.

I have never ever had any on iphone/chrome until today and they seem to have took over.

for example again:

Deleting cookies doesn't count Chrisc90 😜

Steven
Owner

Apologies if it's a bit too much currently, but overall it shouldn't be more than it has been before.

That said, for reasons beyond my understanding our ad partner stopped serving ads a few months ago, which is why my changes now suddenly have this big change. I'm experimenting a bit while replacing previous code with new code. No new ad areas are being defined however. We have always had an ad above the "related topics" list, and the floating one has been there for a while.

I'm evaluating a few options...

Also please do report inappropriate stuff!

johnny comelately

Big Tea wrote:
31 Jan 2023, 18:18

:lol: =D>

johnny comelately

Steven wrote:
31 Jan 2023, 22:53
Apologies if it's a bit too much currently, but overall it shouldn't be more than it has been before.

That said, for reasons beyond my understanding our ad partner stopped serving ads a few months ago, which is why my changes now suddenly have this big change. I'm experimenting a bit while replacing previous code with new code. No new ad areas are being defined however. We have always had an ad above the "related topics" list, and the floating one has been there for a while.

How much do we get paid?

Steven
Owner

johnny comelately wrote:
31 Jan 2023, 23:15
Steven wrote:

How much do we get paid?
Me? Not enough :mrgreen:

johnny comelately

Steven wrote:
31 Jan 2023, 23:19
johnny comelately wrote:
31 Jan 2023, 23:15
Steven wrote:

How much do we get paid?
Me? Not enough :mrgreen:
That clarifies it.

Steven
Owner

Then maybe a question: what do you guys get underneath the last post in this thread?
I have a biiiig empty grey box :wtf: