Oracle Red Bull Racing RB19 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: Oracle Red Bull Racing RB19 Speculation Thread

There is heavy motion blur. Even the position of the mirror is difficult to see.

Goblin42

organic

Less centre-line cooling also looks likely to me from all of the images I've seen.

Inboard loaded Fw, undercut more strongly outwashing, less centre-line cooling. Taking some pages out of the Ferrari book here

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

organic wrote:
10 Feb 2023, 23:20
Less centre-line cooling also looks likely to me from all of the images I've seen.

Inboard loaded Fw, undercut more strongly outwashing, less centre-line cooling. Taking some pages out of the Ferrari book here
The front wing is a significant concept change in my view. It's like they are no longer attempting to subvert the front wing outwash ban, and are just pulling air inboard through the suction zone at the center.

zioture
zioture

it still seems smaller than the RB18, but we have to wait for clearer photo

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Is the front wing actually different? RB18 for reference.

It's the nosecone that looks different to me but that could also be motion blur.

MDrop17
MDrop17

First couple of seconds of this video shows an angle i've not yet seen before:

organic

AR3-GP wrote:
11 Feb 2023, 00:00
https://www.formula1.com/content/dam/fo ... /image.jpg

It's the nosecone that looks different to me but that could also be motion blur.
To me the rb19 is definitely more like Ferrari than the RB18 at the front wing.

Duchessa said the biggest changes are nose/front wing too and he prob has a bit of inside knowledge (though maybe he's just using same images as us)

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

If the nose has changed, it suggest the floor is very different as well.

organic

AR3-GP wrote:
11 Feb 2023, 03:36
If the nose has changed, it suggest the floor is very different as well.
Agreed. I am not surprised by a nose change for a couple of reasons

Changes to the floor edge and diffuser throat dictated by regulation change might cause a certain floor philosophy to work better forcing them towards a different nose/fw design than previously

And the fact that RB seemed to change floor concept fairly substantially midway through the rb18's life cycle (ditching the double outboard fences at the French GP) without making any changes to the nose/fw to accommodate that. It makes sense that the rb18's nose/fw was designed to work best with the car's original floor, and any departure from that floor design (which they already have decided to do) might be optimized with a nose/fw change

mendis
mendis

AR3-GP wrote:
11 Feb 2023, 00:00
https://www.formula1.com/content/dam/fo ... /image.jpg

It definitely doesn't look different than RB18. May be that blur perspective is fooling us to believe it's a different front nose/wing.

organic

Ignore the arrows focusing on the airbox (not my arrows, stolen from someone else)

The front wing change seems fairly irrefutable in this image, but yes motion blur can do all sorts of tricks

The upper planes of the fw don't swoop back towards the front of the nose as you go inboard. They just insert rearward like ferrari's

Vanja #66

Yes, this central loading improves the outwash as well. Sauber's front wing is a great example of this interpretation, while in accordance with outlawed Merc design.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

etusch

organic wrote:
11 Feb 2023, 09:00
https://i.imgur.com/nCPuoPl.jpeg

Ignore the arrows focusing on the airbox (not my arrows, stolen from someone else)

The front wing change seems fairly irrefutable in this image, but yes motion blur can do all sorts of tricks

The upper planes of the fw don't swoop back towards the front of the nose as you go inboard. They just insert rearward like ferrari's
In this picture their sidepod also looks quite different to me. Maybe Redbull way of last years Ferrari concept. I think it is roughly like this. :)

carisi2k

wogx wrote:
10 Feb 2023, 19:52
Zero pod? No way...
your blind. There was still a sidepod there.