2023 Scuderia AlphaTauri F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
kediown

Re: 2023 Scuderia AlphaTauri F1 Team

Is selling really beneficial for Redbull? In money wise, of course, but having 2 extra seats + a car for testing your engine is very good in F1.

organic

kediown wrote:
25 Feb 2023, 15:03
Is selling really beneficial for Redbull? In money wise, of course, but having 2 extra seats + a car for testing your engine is very good in F1.
Promoting every somewhat promising young driver that they get hasn't done wonders for their main team. It's produced Gasly, Albon, Tsunoda, Kvyat but none have actually benefited RB itself. Perez has done a better job than all mentioned. I think they would be fine having more of a young driver programme like Mercedes; promote only the most promising talents but support each driver promoted more.

And they can form engine relationships just like any other supplier going forwards. Mercedes HPP supply 3 other teams with engines without owning any of those

Mogster

Wondered how long it would take for the new Red Bull management to start taking a hard look at Mateschitz’s “hobbies”.

Honda to buy AT? Will the Red Bull Ring be for sale of the GP be in jeopardy?

Wouter

organic wrote:
25 Feb 2023, 14:56
Wouter wrote:
25 Feb 2023, 14:53
organic wrote:
25 Feb 2023, 13:07
I think the big positive is that running has been very smooth, De Vries looks comfortable, and the car seems reliable.
Did you see if the car had still so much understeer? I didn't see the test this morning.
Better for sure, but I think I saw these onboards on softer tyres which can hide balance problems. Yuki is running the C2 tyre this afternoon and has problems turning in again but this is not abnormal on long runs with harder tyre
Thank you. Just saw Nyck on TV in a live interview and he was asked where they are in the rankings. He replied that they have to fight very hard to get into the midfield!! The car is sliding in all directions, has too little downforce and compared to last season little has changed about the car.

Giedo van der Garde and Rudy van Buren (sim/test driver RBR) were in the TV studio and both said it is unimaginable that SAT has taken so few parts from RBR. RBR had a good car last year and they may take over many more parts, but they don't want to. :roll:
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Yuki Tsunoda #22

“We’ve had a productive three days of testing, where we gathered a lot of good data for the season. Today was my first afternoon session for this test, and I was happy with the quality of my driving during performance runs and my feedback to the team. We found some limitations, but looking deeper into it, I am certain the team and I will be able to improve in these areas to make the performance stronger. We’ll be working to keep this momentum going into next week and I hope we can achieve good results for the coming races. As always, it’s a tight midfield, but it’s difficult to compare ourselves to the other teams without knowing what programmes they were running. I’ll rest up, so that I am able to give 100 per cent for the race next week.”

Nyck de Vries #21

“Today was the last day of testing and I’m very pleased with how everything went. We completed many laps and were able to tick all the boxes. We learnt a lot about our package throughout the three days of testing, which will help us put everything together for next week. Equally, the midfield is very tight and competitive, so hopefully we can maximise our potential and get a good result for the first race of the season.”

Jonathan Eddolls (Chief Race Engineer)

“Being our final day of testing, we had several set-up items to tick off the list before heading into race mode next week. Some of these tests yielded results that were not quite as expected, but it was great to scan the envelope of the AT04. I think today we made the most progress out of the three days in terms of understanding the car, optimizing the tyres, aero work and set-up, which seems evident in the lap times. Clearly, everyone is on different plans, especially in terms of fuel loads, so we are being realistic in our expectations for performance at the start of the season, but we believe we should be able to put up a fight with the midfield group. The car ran very reliably for all three days which enabled us to gather all of the necessary data, so we can now analyse over the coming days to put everything together and come up with the best set-up and plan for the race weekend.”

Jody Egginton (Technical Director)

“Today has been a solid day of learning, providing some really interesting results and data to take away and review further. Overall, this test has been very busy and challenging at times, but I’m very pleased to see some good progress being made in understanding our package and the car running very reliably. Both Yuki and Nyck have delivered a good level of performance, giving excellent feedback and pushing the engineers. The workload has been very high, but the trackside mechanics, engineers, and factory support from Faenza and Bicester have risen to the task, which resulted in Scuderia AlphaTauri topping the mileage of this year’s pre-season test. The team has provided excellent levels of support to ensure we have covered the run programme, minimised garage time, and processed the huge amount of data over the three days of testing, so they all deserve a big thank you.”
The Power of Dreams!

kptaylor

Everyone stuck to the script! :)

organic

If the team does not finish 8th or better I think Marko will be likely to make management changes at AT. Tost is under pressure after last year, especially with their decision to take so few available components from the best car

Big Tea

organic wrote:
28 Feb 2023, 11:24
If the team does not finish 8th or better I think Marko will be likely to make management changes at AT. Tost is under pressure after last year, especially with their decision to take so few available components from the best car
Keep in mind the team are there for reasons other than to score points for them selves, it is a development team for RBR, and I am sure we do not know half of what benefits the boss team
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

AR3-GP

organic wrote:
It sounds like mutiny to me. The lack of taking any Red bull parts.

aran.vtec

AR3-GP wrote:
01 Mar 2023, 00:45
organic wrote:
It sounds like mutiny to me. The lack of taking any Red bull parts.
Maybe their decision to not take parts from redbull was planned around the sale? Start making it a fully functioning F1 team that doesn't rely on redbull for parts

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

organic

Tost addresses rumours

Wouter

organic wrote:
01 Mar 2023, 13:19
Tost addresses rumours
👍👍👍
The Power of Dreams!

Mogster

Odd they felt the need to state that.

Sounds similar to “the owners have full confidence in the manager” 24 hours before they’re sacked…

organic

Mogster wrote:
01 Mar 2023, 14:53
Odd they felt the need to state that.

Sounds similar to “the owners have full confidence in the manager” 24 hours before they’re sacked…
They also don't mention the part about potentially moving to England - suspiciously omitted